Houston fan going to first game in Lambeau field!

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Packers since I was 9 years old and I'm 39 now. I've never lived anywhere but Houston, TX and have never been to Wisconsin. I became fan because when I was learning about football I read a bio on Bart Starr and became fascinated with the history. I'm going to see my first Packer game this Sunday.

Are there any tips I should know? I know security is tight so I'll arrive early to the gate.

What about tailgating? How do you Packer fans react to people from Houston?

What are some of the best bars to go to?

What about signs? How can I get one to display at the game?

Anything else is helpful. Thanks guys!

Reaction score
I'm from Canada and have been to Lambeau now 2 times. You will have a blast. The people of Wisconsin are fantastic people and are great hosts. You will be welcomed with arms open. My buds and i are thinking of going to Houston next year as i believe the packers will be there. Enjoy and cheer on those packers

Go Pack Go

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there!

I live in Austin but grew up in Wisconsin. It'll probably be pretty cold up there, but the people should be warm. ;) Make sure you bring warm clothes- especially make sure you cover your head, ears, and hands- oh, and warm footwear as well.

I'd love to get down to Houston next year to see the Packers play!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been a fan of the Packers since I was 9 years old and I'm 39 now. I've never lived anywhere but Houston, TX and have never been to Wisconsin. I became fan because when I was learning about football I read a bio on Bart Starr and became fascinated with the history. I'm going to see my first Packer game this Sunday.

Are there any tips I should know? I know security is tight so I'll arrive early to the gate.

What about tailgating? How do you Packer fans react to people from Houston?

What are some of the best bars to go to?

What about signs? How can I get one to display at the game?

Anything else is helpful. Thanks guys!

Packer fans are the nicest people in the entire league. They will welcome you, particularly if you are wearing Green and Gold. Packer fans live everywhere - I am now in Austin, Texas - so they won't care where you came from. I don't know about signs - I think you just make your own - but it will be colder than you have ever experienced in Houston (I lived there for 25 years) so think about some long underwear under the Driver jersey!

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there!

I live in Austin but grew up in Wisconsin. It'll probably be pretty cold up there, but the people should be warm. ;) Make sure you bring warm clothes- especially make sure you cover your head, ears, and hands- oh, and warm footwear as well.

I'd love to get down to Houston next year to see the Packers play!
I'm in Austin, too! Go, Pack, GO! Will the Packers be playing the Texans next year? My husband is a Texans fan, so that would definitely be one for us, too.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Have fun!!!!

The links that Neilfii provided should help..... and the "search" button will probably bring up other threads that have answers to other questions!

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
Well, I'm assuming you won't be wearing Houston Texas stuff, so the fans at Lambeau won't even know. But GB fans are NOT Philly fans, so don't worry. We had compliments here from fans of other visiting teams saying how nice we were to them.

OP
OP
Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was planning on wearing an Oilers shirt along with a Packer hat. That way they know I'm a Packer fan and I'm from Houston.

PWT

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sunday, Jan 1 weather forecast for Green Bay Snow Flurries and wind. High 30 degrees and low 16 degrees -Precep 30%.
This is about as good weather , as you will get in Green Bay on January 1.

However with wind and temp high of 30 degrees, dress warm, since you are not from a northern climate like we have in Green Bay.

Be sure and rent a folding Stadium seat at cost about $8.00 at concession stand that has them available at LF. Remember you will be sitting on cold aluminium Bleecher seats at LF with no backs. This will give you more seating space between the fans sitting on at both sides of your seat and comfort of having back support. It is well worth the money you spend renting Stadium chairs at LF,

PackMan13x

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be my first trip to Lambeau also. I am leaving tonight after work around 2-3 AM. Driving about 12 hours from Ohio. Maybe Ill see you there. I am spending 3 nights in a hotel in Appleton. I am hoping I can find somewhere to watch the Lesnar/Overeem fight Friday night! Can't wait to wake up early Saturday and take off for a full day/weekend in Green Bay.

Unforunately, I paid almost $600 for my 2 tickets about 6-8 weeks ago and after the loss to the Chefs, yes I said Chefs, that commercial was hilarious back in the day..., well, my tickets are now going for around $300. Oh well, I can't put a price tag on a trip to the Holy Grail of professional sports!

Anyway, I will be sitting in section 121 Row 6 (35-40 yard line, lions side) with my fiance. Well, she will be my fiance as of the night before when I surprise her with this ring on New Years Eve.

This is going to be the LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONGEST night of work of my life! Maybe I'll see some of you soon!

If anyone else is from out of town and looking for things to do, we will also be. We will probably be going out to eat a few times, definitely going to the Hall of Fame and taking in as much as humanly possible during our weekend stay. If any other couple or w/e wants to hook up and maybe catch a dinner or something feel free to message me and I'll shoot you my cell number and you can call or text me.

Brian

sped2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised at how many people are already in town for the game. Get there early, wear warm clothes, and have fun! Buy the heat packs you put in your gloves and boots... your hands and feet will thank you. You can find them at Fleet Farm, Kmart, or pretty much any place near Lambeau.

WhiteHouseOn3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at Lambeau today and man, there's nothing like it. Take loads of photos and smell the roses. It reeks of greatness.

Members online

Latest posts