HOUSTON COMES TO TERMS WITH WILLIAMS

gado35

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
I hate to rain on everybody's parade but I would like to see the Pack stay at 5 and draft Hawk. I Think Hawk brings something to the team that is missing an intensity. That is the kind of thing that is contagious and can't be taught.

While Bush may be great I think Hawk is a rock just the same. Bush scares me a little. Arguments are all over the place with this guy. Some think he is great and some think he will be Ki-Jana Carter. I am somewhere in between. I think he will be a very good Running Back but not Hall Of Fame material.

Right now our backfield is set. There is not enough room for Bush and linebacker is a spot that is desperatly needed on this team. I do not want some 3rd round LB as the talent after Greenway drops way off.

I honestly think that Hawk would be a better team fit down the road then Bush will be. While Bush may make flashy plays on offense, Hawk will transform this defense into a unit of high intensity, tough as nails, smashmouth guys. Just my thoughts but I cannot question anyone who wants Bush either.

True. I think Bush could be a phenomenal pick but Hawk would help our defense go up to the next level. The only problem i see is sitting back then NYJ trading up taking bush, and NO takes AJ at #4. Then what? I hope TT feels this one out during the draft but if passing on bush means no Hawk, then i would say do what it takes to get bush.

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Looking through thread in a hurry) With California Cheez here, secure Hawk. Skip the fancy picks, land Hawk.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets face it.......the truth is......no one knows for sure WHO will end up being the best player. It's ALL a crap shoot. You don't know till a few years down the line who will be good, and who will be a bust. So i don't get too excited no matter who they pick.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
exactly cheesey no one knows... who says hawk is gonna come in here and transform our defense... come on we were pretty damn decent on defense last year with out him. and to say he will be a team leader and beast for the next ten years is speculation, just like saying bush will be an mvp is. we dont know, there is just way way way more upside to bush

I think its safe to say that Bush could win MVP if he lives up to standards, no way AJ Hawk ever wins MVP ever. Bush is likened to marshall faulk and barry sanders, i mean i dont know i just think bush has way more upside

HOWEVER, if the Saints trade, it will be either the titans, the jets, or the packers. if either the titans or the jets get reggie bush the saints WILL take AJ hawk. AND THEN WE LOSE BOTH OF THEM.

We need to be proactive here and either go get Bush so we can secure a great pick or find away to trade for Hawk, I may sound like im all reggie bush but i wont be disappointed in HAwk

Toronto_Cheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
I think its safe to say that Bush could win MVP if he lives up to standards, no way AJ Hawk ever wins MVP ever. Bush is likened to marshall faulk and barry sanders, i mean i dont know i just think bush has way more upside

Has a defensive player ever won MVP? Just because the media likes to vote for offensive guys doens't suddenly make a guy most valuable to his team. A great defensive player can be just as valuable as a tailback, it's just the media and fans don't recognize their contributions in the same way because we all like highlights and stat lines. However, in the locker room it's probably the guys like Lewis, Urlacher, Thomas, Brooks, etc. that are the team leaders.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dude ill take hawk and be happy. ill take bush and be happier. ill take vernon davis and be concered yet happy. if we take ferguson, im beating myself with a hammer so i can forget it happened.

im ok with those three or trading down for more picks... just more ok with bush,

Members online

Latest posts