Horrible Clock Management

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Shermanesque the way McCarthy handled the clock at the end of this half. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T HE CALL TIMEOUT BEFORE THE FG? Rookie coach whatever, a H.S. coach could figure that out.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we didnt...have to call a timeout. we ran a play out of bounds, and got closer instead.

did you even watch the game?

then we his 2 FGs, and neither counted. lol.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was Shermanesque the way McCarthy handled the clock at the end of this half. WHY THE HELL DIDN'T HE CALL TIMEOUT BEFORE THE FG? Rookie coach whatever, a H.S. coach could figure that out.

We should have never run on 1st down. The whole FG issue wouldn't even be an issue if we kept the ball in the air. Horrible play calling before the half.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, we had to run to get the clock running. if we did 3 striaght incomplete passes, then MIAMI has the ball with time left.

it was good clock management....wow.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Miami kicked a field goal, they let the 40 secs off the clock. I do watch the game. It was HORRIBLE clock management.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, we had to run to get the clock running. if we did 3 striaght incomplete passes, then MIAMI has the ball with time left.

it was good clock management....wow.

Sorry Trom, I just have to disagree. I have faith in Favre that we can make a quick drive and get into field goal range. Pass on first. If it does nothing, then maybe run on 2nd to not leave any time for Miami. if it's complete, then keep it in the air.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we drove down, got into FG range, even took shots into the ENDZONE....i dont see how thats bad clock management.

but..yeah...you win, i guess.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we drove down, got into FG range, even took shots into the ENDZONE....i dont see how thats bad clock management.

but..yeah...you win, i guess.

Well, in the end, we both lost. Rayner made the FG twice and the refs killed his 55 yarder. I was pissed!

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We shouldn't have had to rush to try a 55 yd field goal. I don't know about you, but I'd rather have the ball in Favre's hands with 2 minutes as opposed to 1. How you can defend MM's gutless or stupid management of the clock is beyond me.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
penalties have nothing to do with clock management though. if ur gonna *****, ***** about the right thing!

damn penalties!

No, my original complaint is running on 1st. But we've run this argument into the ground. I see your point, you see mine.

But yeah, I'm really more upset on the refs killing that FG. They shouldn't have stopped the play.

OP
OP
H

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're missing the point as usual. We should have had about 1 minute and 40 seconds to run the 2 minute drill, then we wouldn't have to take shots into the endzone from the 40 and we could have gotten a closer field attempt etc.

MM should have called a timout before the Miami FG attempt, that was the mistake, period.

Reaction score
Enough, tromadz cut the crap.

hoos, don't resort to turning this into an offtopic thread, and getting into a pissing match. Let's all discuss your original point in a CIVIL manner.

PM me with any issues/concerns.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was horrendous clock management by McCarthy, and the moronic announcers did not even notice, apparently, that 40 seconds ticked off the clock before Miami's field goal attempt. That was the worst in-game coaching I've seen from McCarthy so far. Thankfully, he redeemed himself with some nice play-calling down the stretch, and the Packers won the game.

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
It was horrendous clock management by McCarthy, and the moronic announcers did not even notice, apparently, that 40 seconds ticked off the clock before Miami's field goal attempt. That was the worst in-game coaching I've seen from McCarthy so far. Thankfully, he redeemed himself with some nice play-calling down the stretch, and the Packers won the game.

He seems like the coach who learns from his mistakes the first time. Very comforting to have such a coach.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Greg C. said:

He seems like the coach who learns from his mistakes the first time. Very comforting to have such a coach.

AADP - Yes he does. He was pretty bad the first half. Then he made some real good adjustments and everything he did in the 2nd half was right on. I loved his aggressiveness. That Driver reverse on 4th and 1 broke the Dolphins back. I knew right then and there that the game was over, and it was just a matter of time. MM kept the ball in the air and the drive ended with a TD pass. I love it!

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what happened before the half? I was at a bar, and I had no audio for the game. It looked to me like Rayner made a 55 yard FG, but it was wiped out for...a Dolphins penalty that made it a 40 yard FG, which Montomery wiped out with a facemask. And then what happened? Was the Miami penalty during Rayner's 55 yard try before the snap?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can someone explain to me what happened before the half? I was at a bar, and I had no audio for the game. It looked to me like Rayner made a 55 yard FG, but it was wiped out for...a Dolphins penalty that made it a 40 yard FG, which Montomery wiped out with a facemask. And then what happened? Was the Miami penalty during Rayner's 55 yard try before the snap?

Yes. The Dolphins all shifted. I forgot the penalty, but the refs blew the whistle a split second before the snap. Rayner kicked a beauty and it was called back.

So we got a rekick for a 40-yarder which Rayner also made, but the refs said one of our own did a facemask and it went back to a 55 yarder. Then the refs announced that the clock expired and the half was ended.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts