Honey badger in late rounds?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would you use a late pick on honey badger?

areas of concern would be size, off field issues, and year off of football. Honey badger doesn't care either

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Although tenacious attitude would be inspirational, fact is the little fellas weigh less than 20 lbs and your average OL could probably punt it out of Lambeau. pass. If we are going to go to the animal kingdom for new players, I would suggest something more in the pachyderm genre. Or in another direction, a cheetah.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
^ lmao....amish.....you are funny. I think the honey badger he is speaking of is that kid from LSU that got in all that trouble. He was a beast on the field, but a dipsh!t off the field.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends how the first part of the draft goes, if they snag any extra day picks trading down. If he is around at the end of the 6th I would. He is a pretty damn good return guy which would save Cobb from special teams injury. He could thrive on special teams and get in the mix for the dime back position. He could be Jarrett Bush at worst after next year.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It depends how the first part of the draft goes, if they snag any extra day picks trading down. If he is around at the end of the 6th I would. He is a pretty damn good return guy which would save Cobb from special teams injury. He could thrive on special teams and get in the mix for the dime back position. He could be Jarrett Bush at worst after next year.

no, at worst he would be pacman jones lol

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would take him. Excellent football player who will be in the running for DROY i promise. If he can get into a locker room with solid leadership he will be a huge pickup. A guy like this would help out our defense. I'd take him early. Maybe Baltimore grabs him and he becomes the next ED Reed. Hope not.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
^ lmao....amish.....you are funny. I think the honey badger he is speaking of is that kid from LSU that got in all that trouble. He was a beast on the field, but a dipsh!t off the field.
oh.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

smuggler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd say he's worth (at most) a 5th round flier. He's risky because of his drug issues, but that aside, the dude is talented and he can play.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Although tenacious attitude would be inspirational, fact is the little fellas weigh less than 20 lbs and your average OL could probably punt it out of Lambeau. pass. If we are going to go to the animal kingdom for new players, I would suggest something more in the pachyderm genre. Or in another direction, a cheetah.
They did call Sherrod a dancing bear. A bull would be nice too.

No on Tyrannosaurus. Not even in the 7th, no deal on dealers, especially recent ones. Let's look: synthetic hemp (which unlike hemp is actually dangerous) caught dealing again 4 months ago, out of football for a year, short, and a head case.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Arrested twice for pot once for a fight IIRC...

He has real issues doing the right thing..He will need to be evaluated by the best physiologists to determine if he can grow up

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arrested twice for pot once for a fight IIRC...

He has real issues doing the right thing..He will need to be evaluated by the best physiologists to determine if he can grow up

To me he is a 5th or 6th round investment.

Don't take him and he is great, TT gets slammed for being an idiot. Take him and he gets booted out of the nfl, TT is an idiot for missing the obvious

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even with Woodson gone, DB is far from our biggest need. That is the main issue, not just the history of bad behavior and the lack of size.

H

HardRightEdge

How many starting NFL DBs go 5'9", 180 lbs.? You cannot play him on the island against NFL WRs, and you would not want him taking on NFL TEs either. Playing nickel against slot backs is probably the closest you get, but that's a narrow role, and one we don't need to fill.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jim Leonard was a beast at 5'8.

I wouldnt write off a player purely bc of size. Its a concern, but some of the best WRs in the league (Welker, S Smith) are under 5'10. I heard Joe Thomas had wing span or hand size issues... something stupid. I heard that Russell Wilson was too short to play in the NFL.

H

HardRightEdge

Jim Leonard was a beast at 5'8.

I wouldnt write off a player purely bc of size. Its a concern, but some of the best WRs in the league (Welker, S Smith) are under 5'10. I heard Joe Thomas had wing span or hand size issues... something stupid. I heard that Russell Wilson was too short to play in the NFL.

Good points on Winfield and Leonard.

However, for every one of the success stories where a guy defied the Combine numbers, there are dozens who didn't. Exceptions prove the rule.

That said, I have no problem with small slot WRs or short TBs...there are plenty of success stories there.

I'm not sold on Wilson. We'll see what year 2 brings as he transitions to a pro-style scheme. As RGIII illustrates, you can't live on read-option unless you want to view the QB as disposable.

smuggler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Seahawks ran much of the option. They were using another gimmicky offense with a few R.O. plays installed as well.

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After watching him during 2011 and some videos online of his play, I would LOVE to see the Packers pick him up in the late third to forth round. A LOT of kids have issues coming into the NFL and we have great leadership to help this kid keep his issues in check, sure he was kicked off LSU's team and his issues were brought to light but there are other kids in this draft that have had issues and we probably never even heard about them. If TT and MM think he's got his head on straight it would be well worth it. Kid is an ANIMAL!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
After watching him during 2011 and some videos online of his play, I would LOVE to see the Packers pick him up in the late third to forth round. A LOT of kids have issues coming into the NFL and we have great leadership to help this kid keep his issues in check, sure he was kicked off LSU's team and his issues were brought to light but there are other kids in this draft that have had issues and we probably never even heard about them. If TT and MM think he's got his head on straight it would be well worth it. Kid is an ANIMAL!

NO WAY....he has had several infractions as a college player without having millions of dollars in his pocket, he would only get worse with a fistfull of cash. Drugs and money go hand in hand. Once a turd, always a turd.....in the NFL he would be a frosted turd. No thanks, we don't need that type of person on the team, nor do senior players need to play babysitter to some damn thug.

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying if Janoris Jenkins, who had a great year as a rookie and was also kicked off Florida's team for many of the same issues as Mathieu only to be selcted in the second round last year by the Rams, would've slipped to the third or fourth round you wouldn't have taken him? It's high risk versus high reward and when it comes to drafting a player in the mid rounds I think most would agree the reward greatly outweighs the risk.

Members online

Latest posts