HONESTLY, who would you like to see The Pack draft at #5?

Rob Reimer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they are available?

I know the NEEDS of the team.. Make this out to be kinda fun..

I would like to see..

1) of course Reggie Bush
2) Lendale White
3) Vince Young
4) AJ Hawk

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: HONESTLY, who would you like to see The Pack draft at #5

I want Hawk. Seems like he could bring some kinda attitude to the defence.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hawk/Williams....either would make me **** my pants!!

or,

Trade down to 10 - 12, take a player like Haloti Ngata, Chad Greenway, Tamba Hali, etc....and get another couple high picks in the next several rounds.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I guess you gotta assume that Bush, Leinart, Young and Ferguson will go 1-4. If so, I would have to take Hawk......then hope he marries Brady Quinn's sister......then convinces his brother in law to let it be known that he will play for nobody but Green Bay. Favre retires after the 07 season and Brady is ready to take over.

Yea....I'd take Hawk.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

trade down and pick Lendale White or DeAngelo Williams. I think that is most likely, since our new HC is offensive minded, and the likelyhood of drafting White is pretty big since McCarthy's schemes would fit him very well.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score

DePack said:
I guess you gotta assume that Bush, Leinart, Young and Ferguson will go 1-4. If so, I would have to take Hawk......then hope he marries Brady Quinn's sister......then convinces his brother in law to let it be known that he will play for nobody but Green Bay. Favre retires after the 07 season and Brady is ready to take over.

Yea....I'd take Hawk.

and brady flops bigtime because he's a wimp

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Picking a player in the draft should be basd on what we need 1st, and the ability of the 2nd. While we need a lot at many different positions, I think we really need a leader on the defense. Hawk can be that leader.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GakkofNorway said:
and brady flops bigtime because he's a wimp

Wimp eh? Guy plays the most high profile position in college sports and he's a wimp. Brady Quinn will be a star in the NFL. Better than Leinart, better than Young and better than any other QB in the draft this year. Whoever gets him will be extremely lucky.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've been saying A.J. Hawk for several months and I'm sticking with it. :)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Gotta go with AJ Hawk myself. I wouldn't be disappointed if they chose Mario Williams either but I have stated before that I think we have a diamond in the rough with Montgomery. I know that sounds like a stretch to some of you but if he gets the opportunity, I think he will be a very productive player. Add Hawk to that defense and you have something to look forward to on that side of the ball for sure.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I totally agree about Montgomery...eveery time he played he made some noise for us...plus he was a team captain and conference pick several years of his collegiate career. That being said, I go with my original pick of AJ Hawk. On top of his skills, he brings leadership anbd attitude...commonly called a "mean streak". Now, if we trade down and accumulate other high picks in the following rounds, I am good with that as it isa deep draft.

De Meco Ryan is a possibility for LB if TT trades down...same thing with Bobby Carpenter or Schlegel in the 3rd or 4th.

Should be a fun and active draft for the Packers.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I would say

1) Hawk
2) Mario Williams
3) Trade down for more picks - but this is a big IF which would depend on what we could get for trading down. I think the value would have to be outstanding to pass up a top 5 pick. We all know there is no such thing as a "sure thing" but to pass up Hawk or Williams just to get another pick or 2 later in the draft would be a travesty.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LambeauLeaper,

I agree with your analysis of trading down. It all depends on the quality of players that can still be had....I'm hearing that the top 5 picks in this draft could be "franchise" type of players. If that is true, I would hate the see the Packers trade down, passing up on a potential Julius Peppers-type DE or Hawk who could be the next Brian Urlacher.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

!. Hawk LB
2. Jimmy Williams CB
3. Haloti Ngata DT
Not so sure Young won't drop down the board a bit as will Mathias Kiwanuka. Whatever! Any of the three listed above should prove to be instant players for GB and make a positive impact.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i have also said i liked Hawk from the beginning & that hasn't changed.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
I totally agree about Montgomery...eveery time he played he made some noise for us...plus he was a team captain and conference pick several years of his collegiate career. That being said, I go with my original pick of AJ Hawk. On top of his skills, he brings leadership anbd attitude...commonly called a "mean streak". Now, if we trade down and accumulate other high picks in the following rounds, I am good with that as it isa deep draft.

De Meco Ryan is a possibility for LB if TT trades down...same thing with Bobby Carpenter or Schlegel in the 3rd or 4th.

He also hopefully brings Brady Quinn's sister!!!

Gabe Watson is a guy who's apparently tearing up the Senior Bowl. Big DT who's apparently been unblockable. Might be best to go with Hawk @ #5 and then Watson in the second.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

TOPackerFan said:
digsthepack said:

He also hopefully brings Brady Quinn's sister!!!

Gabe Watson is a guy who's apparently tearing up the Senior Bowl. Big DT who's apparently been unblockable. Might be best to go with Hawk @ #5 and then Watson in the second.

I like it...Gabe Watson was a monster at tackle for the maize and blue. Do you think Calhoun from Wisconsin would be available in the third round for GB or will he be gone by then? First three picks: Hawk, Watson, Calhoun...that would be a solid start to the 2006 draft IMO.

shanks2122

Cheesehead
Reaction score

hawk reminds me alot of brian bosworth without the mouth, im scepticual of taking defensive players early, seems like they have a tendecy to flop big time, that in mind id like to trade down considering its a fairly deep draft

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

shanks2122 said:
hawk reminds me alot of brian bosworth without the mouth, im scepticual of taking defensive players early, seems like they have a tendecy to flop big time, that in mind id like to trade down considering its a fairly deep draft

shanks...I respect your opinion but why do you see a correlation between Hawk and Bosworth? I'm curious to hear your take on this. Most say Hawk is about as "slam dunk" as it gets in becoming a quality NFL linebacker.

Members online

Latest posts