Holiday IR, Francies called up

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers place Holiday on IR, sign Francies

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad and placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve today, general manager Ted Thompson announced.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking forward to seeing what Holiday had this year too. Dang.

Coulda been a lot worse.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt think Holiday got hurt that bad? I was really hoping to see him play, Francies doesnt excite me much but ill give him a fair chance because I really havent seen him ever do anything. Koren Robinson will be back sometime soon tho.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hmmm, seems like Holiday was just slipped on IR so we could keep him in GB. After a great start, Holiday tailed off in the preseason. I'm pissed we didn't get to see what he had. He was also our emergency QB...

Let's go Francies.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers place Holiday on IR, sign Francies

Press-Gazette

The Green Bay Packers signed wide receiver Chris Francies from their practice squad and placed Carlyle Holiday on injured reserve today, general manager Ted Thompson announced.

Urgh! I liked seeing Holiday develop. That's frustrating.
We don't need any more injuries to our WRs. I'm really hoping we get Koren back soon.

Reaction score
Bummer, Holiday showed potential, and he was developing nicely.

I'm surprised that Francies got the call over Clowney. Francies missed a part of TC with a thumb injury, and I read on PackersNews that Francies is still wearing a small cast over that thumb because the injury hasn't healed.

It must say something bad about Clowney if they decided to go with an injured WR over him. :-?

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Bummer, Holiday showed potential, and he was developing nicely.

I'm surprised that Francies got the call over Clowney. Francies missed a part of TC with a thumb injury, and I read on PackersNews that Francies is still wearing a small cast over that thumb because the injury hasn't healed.

It must say something bad about Clowney if they decided to go with an injured WR over him. :-?

Yeah, this is pretty disappointing, because I loved Clowney's speed, and it's a shame that he doesn't impress the coaches enough that we're taking Francies over Clowney.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holiday in the pre season is great. Holiday in the regular season is not that huge of a loss. It hurts his chances at making the roster next year though. A proven player is far more likely to get the benefit of the doubt than an undrafted free agent off the street.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well here goes Holiday a hard worker guy who gave all his effort.

We are thin at WR, but no,,, no,, we dont need Moss, not at all, but if we tell the truth, wouldnt it fell much better if Teddy hasn´t got that cheap and we had Randy on our WR corps, isn´t it?

Wouldnt it have been wiser to bit the bullet and send Fat Boy Harrel to IR? Maybe Glass Maiden Mo? Harrell wont start any games this season for us and we are loaded at DT, maybe he wont even become a starter next year due to the bunch of better players that we have now, and maybe Mo will only start one or two games this season, he has been injured for 6 weeks now he is as hard as chinaware.

Anyway we have a good defense but we cant score, no real ofensive weapons at all.

Poor Brett, Teddy sent him to fight a war and gave him a stick and a rock as weapons when the other guys have machine guns and tanks..

I said it before the season started and I stay by my words, Moss will have more yards and TD`s that all of our WR´s, excluding Driver, together and Ahman will get more yards that BJ, Mo, Pope and Herron, it seems that I am getting closer on the last one since Pope and Herron are out for the season and Mo doesnt look any better.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We are thin at WR, but no,,, no,, we dont need Moss, not at all, but if we tell the truth, wouldnt it fell much better if Teddy hasn´t got that cheap and we had Randy on our WR corps, isn´t it?

Wouldnt it have been wiser to bit the bullet and send Fat Boy Harrel to IR? Maybe Glass Maiden Mo? Harrell wont start any games this season for us and we are loaded at DT, maybe he wont even become a starter next year due to the bunch of better players that we have now, and maybe Mo will only start one or two games this season, he has been injured for 6 weeks now he is as hard as chinaware.

Anyway we have a good defense but we cant score, no real ofensive weapons at all.

Poor Brett, Teddy sent him to fight a war and gave him a stick and a rock as weapons when the other guys have machine guns and tanks..

I said it before the season started and I stay by my words, Moss will have more yards and TD`s that all of our WR´s, excluding Driver, together and Ahman will get more yards that BJ, Mo, Pope and Herron, it seems that I am getting closer on the last one since Pope and Herron are out for the season and Mo doesnt look any better.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Christ.

Here we go again! :doh:

It looks like it's Driver and Nobody again this year.

Get ready for it.

The return of Taco Wallace and a band of rotating street free agents. I mean, guys literally signed off the streets of GB to play at WR. :puke:

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those are some weak *** predictions.

blah.

Go **** in someone else's water.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, what a drag. This is like the Noah Herron injury. We're told it's minor, and then all of a sudden they put him on IR. This won't have a big impact on the offense, but it will hurt the special teams.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Wow, what a drag. This is like the Noah Herron injury. We're told it's minor, and then all of a sudden they put him on IR. This won't have a big impact on the offense, but it will hurt the special teams.

:agree:

Definitley hurts the depth at WR and QB.

Members online

Latest posts