Hmmm....Green Bay would fit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure what the financial implications would be, but I agree that this would be a deal Thompson should look into. Finley will probably not be back this season and, while Quarless received good grades for his blocking against Minnesota, he's definitely not the receiving threat. I've seen the Falcons a couple of times this season and Gonzalez has been one of their few bright spots. He would also help solve our red zone problems. I'm sure Rodgers would enjoy throwing to another Cal guy as well. Gonzalez has stated this is definitely his last season and he wants to win a Super Bowl before he hangs it up. We're already in the mix, but signing him would only strengthen our chances. Win/Win.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well this trade would make sense. Gonzalez would take sooooooooooo much pressure off The young Wr's. This would make my day if it happened.

Reaction score
I don't know how many people know this, but Gonzalez wanted to get traded to Green Bay but was traded to the Falcons instead (obviously).

I don't think I would want to trade for somebody that pulled a Brett Favre just last season (granted that the Falcons begged for him to play again)

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Deadline came & went, like normal, with nothing done anywhere really.

Gonzalez would come here, and this longtime durable guy would get hurt right away... his first ACL or broken leg surely, or neck... he's better off going 6-10 in Hotlanta.

/thread

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, unless Gonzales was going to 100% guarantee he would stick around next season too, this would have been a stupid trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts