Hi, i'm the newbie from Germany ......

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi everyone, my Name is Michael, and i am from Kaiserslautern, Germany. I am 42 years old,i am a Packers Fan since 1993, when i started playing football as a noseguard....

i became a Football fan because of the very big american community here in Ramstein, i spent a lot of time with nice people who brought football to my life by playing a lot of flag football.... and then i wanted to make a further step and started playing.

i apologize for my poor english and i hope to have a good time with all of you people talking bout the greatest football team in the world !

best wishes from germany, and a merry christmas everyone.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Welcome!!
There are a more than a few Packer fans from germany on this forum you'll find!

Enjoy your stay!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to The Family! You will find that there are a number of German posters on this forum. Also, I must compliment you on your English, you actually speak/ type it better than most Americans! :)

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mike. We can always use another fan; especially another one from Germany. You guys have to be die-hard, given what time Packer games are available in Germany.

OP
OP
Mighty Mike 77

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Mike. We can always use another fan; especially another one from Germany. You guys have to be die-hard, given what time Packer games are available in Germany.
Yes, Nightime is my time..... but it's worth it. Thanks everybody for your kind and warm welcome, it makes me feel comfortable here.

What i forgot to mention in the first place when i startet to introduce myself is the reason, why the Pack was so likely for me. It's hard to follow (for a german) your system of franchise and trading teams anywhere one single owner wants to. Clubs like my favorite soccer team (www.fck.de) in Kaiserslautern are having a huge tradition located in the middle of the palatine area in Germany, and nobody would come to the idea of trading it somewhere else. So i got the Information, that Green Bay Packers are owned by the People of Green Bay, and that is close to the way we run our team, so that made it kind of familiar to me.

Then came Superbowl XXXI, and i got finally hooked. Since then i am watching every game i could afford to watch, even in the nightime...... thank god we are luck enough to watch ESPN America, even in HD......

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaah, another Packer Backer from Germany, welcome! ;)
Are you watching tonight? Looks like we won't have much sleep tonight....

Happy Holidays, Frohe Weihnachten!

OP
OP
Mighty Mike 77

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will, looks like it's going to be a very short night, or a very long one, depends on the view......

Hope the Pack is going to sweep the Bears......

_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome newbie xD

Packers should still sweep bears, no doubt in my mind.

North44

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!!

My husband's father was a diplomat and they lived in Ramstein for several years when my husband was a boy. He loved it there!

OP
OP
Mighty Mike 77

Mighty Mike 77

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i am so sorry i've seen your reply almost an year later, but my thoughts were on something very different than football...my mum died, a good friend too, and many bad things happened to me the last months....

I used to live in Landstuhl, next to Ramstein. It's a lovely place there, and so many of my american friends loved beeing there, a few of them even stayed there or came back....

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Hello everybody, my name is Bill and I`m a fifty five year old Englishman who has been a fan of the game for about 30 years.
I HAD no real favorite team I followed until I found myself in Green Bay in 2004. I was there in the May, and my hotel was right near Lambeau. I did the tour and was hooked. I returned in the October to see the team beat the Cowboys and have been hooked on Green Bay ever since.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello everybody, my name is Bill and I`m a fifty five year old Englishman who has been a fan of the game for about 30 years.
I HAD no real favorite team I followed until I found myself in Green Bay in 2004. I was there in the May, and my hotel was right near Lambeau. I did the tour and was hooked. I returned in the October to see the team beat the Cowboys and have been hooked on Green Bay ever since.

Great story, glad Lambeau field charmed you. Thanks for posting

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
hi everyone, my Name is Michael, and i am from Kaiserslautern, Germany. I am 42 years old,i am a Packers Fan since 1993, when i started playing football as a noseguard....

i became a Football fan because of the very big american community here in Ramstein, i spent a lot of time with nice people who brought football to my life by playing a lot of flag football.... and then i wanted to make a further step and started playing.

i apologize for my poor english and i hope to have a good time with all of you people talking bout the greatest football team in the world !

best wishes from germany, and a merry christmas everyone.

Your English is better than most Americans so no worries. Welcome to the forum.

It's a little late I guess on my part, but merry Christmas!

Members online

Latest posts