Hey, Packer fans! Falcons fan here, getting ready for Sunday

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you guys ready for the game? I'm looking forward to playing Favre again. It's been a while since we played.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Hey, Packer fans! Falcons fan here, getting ready for Su

I am looking as forward to that game as I am the plague. GB will probably play well enough to win the game but easilly find a way to lose it, with the help of the Shermonster(Sherman, to the falcons fans). Should be a close one, I think. If Vick really wants to prove himself that he is a good passer, and not just a RB who occasionally throws(which I believe he is) than playing against Brett Favre is a perfect game to do it against. GB has a lot of speed, so vick should be contained for the most part (Vick will get his rush yards, but no 20+ yarders). Prediction, GB forces 2 turnovers, but loses by 3.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanatos- This is PWT36 located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field. The Packers were be there this Sunday and will play hard, but sometimes make stupid mistakes. However, if they ever eliminate the turnovers and stupid penalties that is a bg if. The Falcons could have some problems with a Packer team who wants a victory very badly!! The Falcons better also be ready!! The Packers may lack many of their offensive weapons but have been in 6 of their losing games until the end.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Saints put up a good fight against Atlanta... and we smashed the Saints... so it should be interesting.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Man oh Man would this be a Great Time to turn things around for the Pack. The confidence boost afterwards could carry on to who knows what. Yes this is a possible win and it's long overdue. GO PACK GO

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'd really love to see us cram it right up the middle of that Falcons D just so we can stop hearing about how wonderful Ed Donatell is. I think we'll win this one (though I thought we'd beat Pitt too so I don't know too much).

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PWT36 said:
Thanatos- This is PWT36 located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field. The Packers were be there this Sunday and will play hard, but sometimes make stupid mistakes. However, if they ever eliminate the turnovers and stupid penalties that is a bg if. The Falcons could have some problems with a Packer team who wants a victory very badly!! The Falcons better also be ready!! The Packers may lack many of their offensive weapons but have been in 6 of their losing games until the end.

I watched you guys play Sunday against the Steelers. It's hard to really scout your team because of the massive injuries you've had. That bites. We'd be in the same boat if we had that many weapons on the sidelines.

No matter the records, though, anytime Favre is on the field, it's going to be a tough game. We've been improving in pass D (no passing TDs past two games), but that means nothing against superstar calibur QBs.

I expect us to win, because if my team truly considers itself SB calibur it should win this game, but I'm not relaxed about it by any stretch...

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Popcynical said:
The Saints put up a good fight against Atlanta... and we smashed the Saints... so it should be interesting.

I'm no believer in opponent results comparison, simply because once that ball is in play, it can bounce anywhere at any time. But one thing that other NFL fans don't really know about the Falcons/Saints rivalry is that the games are ALWAY close, usually down to the last drive. It doesn't matter what the records of the teams are, either. We just don't like each other and it's a dog fight from coin flip to final whistle...

I am glad we have you guys at home, though. I like seeing games in Lambeau, but we are nearly unstoppable at home, and in a game like this, it's best to have the crowd to pump you up...

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

yooperfan said:
I can't wait to see the Packers stop Atlantas great running back---Mike Vick.

I wonder if fans realize how often we hear that during the season? Then, after the game, when Vick does what he does, and we win, those fans just disappear...

We love it that no one respects Vick as a QB. That's great. We love it that teams obsess over him. That really works well for us. Usually, at the end of the game, after a team spends all day chasing Vick, they look up and realize Warrick Dunn and company have thrown up 200 yds rushing on them...

Oh, BTW. Someone mentioned Donnatell. Thanks for getting rid of him, btw. We love his work down here. When he got canned to save Sherman's job after the Eagles game a couple years back, I didn't realize at the time what a favor was being done for us... 8)

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanatos said:
Oh, BTW. Someone mentioned Donnatell. Thanks for getting rid of him, btw. We love his work down here. When he got canned to save Sherman's job after the Eagles game a couple years back, I didn't realize at the time what a favor was being done for us...

Indeed. Nice pickup there. Also wanted to thank the Falcons for that terrible QB out of S. Miss that couldn't even pass his physical and wasn't expected to play past what, 5 years(?) in the NFL :)

OP
OP
T

Thanatos

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ryan said:
Thanatos said:
Oh, BTW. Someone mentioned Donnatell. Thanks for getting rid of him, btw. We love his work down here. When he got canned to save Sherman's job after the Eagles game a couple years back, I didn't realize at the time what a favor was being done for us...

Indeed. Nice pickup there. Also wanted to thank the Falcons for that terrible QB out of S. Miss that couldn't even pass his physical and wasn't expected to play past what, 5 years(?) in the NFL :)

LOL. No problem. Back then, we didn't want any of those HOFers cluttering up the roster, lol. But in Brett's case, the QB you had was not the QB who was here. With the nightlife in the ATL, he was out of control. Drinking and partying all night, and not being professional at all. Even he has said that he didn't blame Atlanta for getting rid of him. He would have, too.

It was a move I wasn't in favor of at the time, and was sadly for us proven correct on. I don't think if he had stayed here, or gone to a team other than Green Bay, that he would've become the player he has. I think the lack of major city distractions is what saved his career...

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanatos- Brett had plenty of distractions on Main Street (Many Bars, saloons & Girls on Main Street)in his first years in Green Bay. He liked to bar tend at McSwiggens Tavern on Main Street in his younger days. Of coarse, now he is a solid married family man!! There are plenty of distractions for a Green Bay Packer in Green Bay and he doesn't have to look very hard.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanatos said:
Are you guys ready for the game? I'm looking forward to playing Favre again. It's been a while since we played.

You're looking forward to playing Favre again? What position do you play?

OK, just kidding...good luck Sunday but not "too much".

GO PACK GO!

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I hope after Sunday that we are the best 2-7 team in the NFL. If not we will be the best 1-8 team out there! I just hope they show it out here in the west. Being a Pack fan in CA is a very expensive bar tab, especially this year.
Go Pack

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The game is on turf. One strike against the Packers. They don't deal with it very well.
Second, the running game now consists of three 'street' free agents, none of whom were with the team at the start of the season.
Third, the offensive line isn't what it once was.
Favre ain't Farve of 10 years ago, even if he had all his receivers.
The highly praised tight ends are M.I.A.
The Packers offense is lacking five playmakers due to injury, including Javon Walker and Ahman Green, both Pro Bowlers.

The defense is better, but Vick will run the ball all over the place. The linebackers aren't fast enough to keep up.
The Packers run defense is getting better, but look for the Falcons to run, run, run.

Our kicker's contract is up this year and he's kicking like a Pop Warner reject. He's blaming his holder. Ya, sure.

Falcons will win. Packers will place. I'm already looking to next season.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanatos said:
Oh, BTW. Someone mentioned Donnatell. Thanks for getting rid of him, btw. We love his work down here. When he got canned to save Sherman's job after the Eagles game a couple years back, I didn't realize at the time what a favor was being done for us... 8)

Yeah he's putting together another solid run D in ATL this year, just like he did during his tenure in GB :roll: .

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Plus, Donnatell is basically running Mora's scheme. I do not think Ed is as bad as some would like to think, nor as good as others would like to think. That being said, I think Sherman made a chickenshit move and made Ed the scapegoat for 4th and 26 (christ...we will live with that longer than, "The Packers have not had a 1000 yard rusher since Terdell Middleton back in 1978" and should have been looking in the mirror for fault.

My guess is not so optimistic. While I would like to believe we keep this game close, I think, sadly, we are about to receive our first spanking of the season.

I will gladly eat rotten road crow if wrong!!

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Unfortunately for us, we don't have the horses to keep pace. Packers will find a way to lose this one if it stays close... As we have all season.

Packers will win if they can get some turnovers and get on a roll.

Return of Ferguson SHOULD help matters but... I still see a rough game.

Being an eternal optimist, I will still have to say that this will be a repeat of the Saints game and Packers will take control early and kill the Falcons.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score

digsthepack said:
While I would like to believe we keep this game close, I think, sadly, we are about to receive our first spanking of the season.

I agree. All signs point to this being a blowout. Dunn is a very underrated RB and the Falcons' defense looks plain formidable. I cannot see anyway that the Packers can stop them - especially in Atlanta. I think Green Bay will be playing the NFC champions this week.

Members online

Latest posts