Hey Everyone

Hendogg33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey whatup its Hendogg33. Obviously I'm a huge packer fan. The name Hendogg is to honor one of my favorite packers of all time, a guy who worked his *** off non-stop and LOVED to go out and play special teams. I'm of course talking about the great William Henderson. If you see a William Henderson 33 jersey walking the street-chances are its me. I think Vince Lombardi was the greatest coach/motivater of all time and liked his old-school coaching philosophy. (The whole we will run 15 plays perfectly and you won't be able to stop us even if you know what is coming.) I understand the importance of a running game. However, I know that we need to change philosophies over time. I also believe that if you don't have a running game their is no need to force the issue if you have a perfectly capable short passing game to replace it. (See the 1st half of the 2007 GB Packers). I am currently disappointed with Big Mike's (that's what I call Mike McCarthy) play calling. When we are driving and just ran to set up a 2nd and 7 we should go to the short passing to get 3rd and short. Whenwe run for no gain it only puts us into 3rd and Long. I also will refer to Aaron Rodgers as either AROD or the real AROD. That is my packer fandom in a nutshell. :viksux::chisux::detsux:

Mbat33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Lombardi is the greatest. I remember I read "winning is the only thing" in high school, and it is still the best book I've read yet. Does anybody know if there is ever going to be a movie about Lombardi? You would think Disney would have jumped on that by now.

OP
OP
Hendogg33

Hendogg33

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mbat33-It would be tough for Disney to make a movie on one of Lombardi's teams because he was such a great coach it gave his teams a huge advantage, and Disney is more partial to extreme underdog stories. My biggest problem with biopics is that there would be too much information to cover so they end up having to leave stuff out. I would much rather read a well written biography then a "Disnefied" biopic where they change all the facts to make it more climatic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts