hey DePack, Favre no-showed!lol..

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again......a big deal made over nothing.
Now, Carroll not being there......he's losing important reps that would help him perfect his holding technique! :wink:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I admit that OTAs are really more symoblic than substance, but regardless, this team SUCKED last year, there are new wrinkles to both the offense and defense, and there are quite a few new players, especially on defense.

That's more than enough incentive to take advantage of every opportunity you have to run through the new plays, gel w/ the new guys, get to know the new coaches, etc.

Will these players not showing up drastically alter the outcome of the season? Directly, no, but it's also very telling of how seriously they're taking this season, their coach, and their jobs.

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL network said Favre was there and did some weight lifting and such. he was on campus just didn't throw or participate in the other drills.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
you guys should really go check out OFB you would have known he was there yesterday, even tho papers claimed he wasnt..

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, and this is fine. This however, is NOT what was reported originally. I even said that I hope there was a reason(and his family was ok,etc), and the reason was...I dont know why he wasnt on the field, but at least he was there, getting strong in the weight room. thats fine.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well tell me, which reports should i believe.

when espn and company say something, it usually has validity to it.

but if you have a place online with news that is never wrong or misleading, link me.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the record I listened to the fan last night and Havel said he had an interview (long talk) with Brett yesterday. So expect him to be there today.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
big3 said:
I think you guys are in for more trouble than you realize. New coaches especially want people to come and practice. "voluntary" workouts for new coaches are BS. It is a way to see who really wants to be there and work hard. Very few of the people who miss have a real reason for it. Two people didn't show up at the lion's OTA's and minicamps without explanation. Joey Harrington and Dan Wilkinson. They are no longer with the team. The other players that missed a day or two had already made arrangements with Marinelli. Brett Favre showing us once again that he is more important than the team.

Give me a break man. I suppose all the other guys are being "bigger than the team" as well. What a bogus statement.

It's about setting an example genius. I am glad everyone is in Lions camp, unfortunately for you your pathetic franchise is destined for failure thanks to Matt Millen.

Wait til week 6-7 and you fans will be sporting Bills or Jets jerseys again. So embarassing!!!!

Another football genius who says the lion's have to lose because millen is the gm. Great logic. I just don't think most of your team, including Favre are taking this new coaching staff seriously. Didn't you have like 14 people miss camp? I guess only time will tell if the pack will be better than last year.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers | Hawk expected to start at weakside linebacker
Mon, 5 Jun 2006 20:51:49 -0700

Todd Rosiak, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers rookie LB A.J. Hawk is expected to be the team's starting weakside linebacker. Hawk has missed a lot of practice time, due to his college commitment, but he should not be too far behind when he reports later this week. That's because until today, the coaching staff had spent nearly all of the four previous practice sessions reviewing rather than installing its defense. So far, there doesn't appear to have been any serious talk about Hawk playing anywhere other than the weak side, or "Will," linebacker spot in the Packers' base defense.

Just to ease some of your minds about AJ not being there, doesn't look like others that have been no-shows on defense have missed much.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Another football genius who says the lion's have to lose because millen is the gm. Great logic. I just don't think most of your team, including Favre are taking this new coaching staff seriously. Didn't you have like 14 people miss camp? I guess only time will tell if the pack will be better than last year.

The Lions have to lose because they're the Lions :wink:

Seriously I don't know if they'll ever win anything with Millen as the GM. He's a horrible GM and he needs to go in my opinion. They're a GM and QB away from building a winning foundation and I think in time they'll fine one.

As for Favre not taking the staff seriously. Like this thread, all of this is very overexaggerated.

1. Favre was given the day off. On the radio Havel said and I quote "If you didn't see #4 out on the field today, it's because he was under my watch" -jokingly Havel and Favre had a talk about the team, Mississippi and his Family.

2. 14 miss players is in reality is 6 or 7 (which is still a lot) Schedules had to be changed because McCarthy is a new coach and a lot of players were so used to Sherman's schedule. He didn't move his dates around. He held a mini camp after the DRaft and another one in June. McCarthy is using an extra mini camp and is spreading the OTA's out through a course of 14 Days.

Charles Woodson is in Europe. He had this planned before he signed with the Packers. I don't agree with him being there but he's obviously not there because of Europe and not McCarthy.

The other 6, I'm not sure about though but this is an optional camp. They're are some guys I can understand. I believe KGB is one of them, I'm fine with him not here for the OTA's. Guys like Ahmad Carroll and Rod Gardner though should be here. In fact I think if Gardner doesn't have a great training camp, he'll get released.

In the end though I think Green Bay and Detroit are fairly close in depth and talent. I think both will be fighting for #3 in the divsion, maybe #2. I expect both to win 7 games at tops.. I was thinking 7-9 for the Pack and 6-10 for the Lions.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeye...I agree that OTAs may not be the most vital portion of the preseason, but if they were a waste of time, why would coaches hold them? There must be some value which is why it bothers me when anyone misses these practices.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:

It's not only Packer fans who feel this way, it's Detroit fans to. I have never met a Lions fan who didn't want Millen gone. He's a disaster, but not the only reason Detroit will not compete any time soon. Your talent level is subpar.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This reminds me of the time when a fellow teacher didn't come to work on a Monday. She had a habit of missing on Mondays; so we said, "Susie's gone again." Well, come to find out, her sister had died on Sunday night. So, you never know about Brett. His grandma is not in the best of shape right now, so it might be something with her.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like ESPN constantly likes to run negative news about Favre and the Pack. So if you read/hear it on ESPN, you can't totally trust it.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Buckeye...I agree that OTAs may not be the most vital portion of the preseason, but if they were a waste of time, why would coaches hold them? There must be some value which is why it bothers me when anyone misses these practices.

I naver said they were a waste of time. The guys who are not there because of "personal reasons" better be able to catch up quickly or they may not have a job come regular season.

We sometime forget that these guys have lives outside of football and sometimes there are conflicts when it comes to OTA's that are voluntary.

Guys like Picket and Woodson will be ready to get down to work when the time comes. Others who don't have a secure position on the team are taking a risk that they won't have a job.

In Ahmad Carroll's case, those on this forum who do nothing but hate on him should be glad he is missing the OTA's, maybe they will get their wish and he will be cut. (would be a big mistake, but it would give some on this forum a reason to celebrate)

It is only the first week of June, and there are some who are panicking and throwing in the towel already, but that is to be expected by the gloom and doomers that hang out here at times.

There is always positives to look for, the rookies and unsigned free agents who are trying against all odds to make the team are probably getting more work since some veterans are absent, maybe just maybe one or two will turn into "diamond in the rough" finds.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think tromadz' brain is a no-show. :lol:

The Journal-Sentinel reported Favre was working out in the weight room.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
well tell me, which reports should i believe.

when espn and company say something, it usually has validity to it.

but if you have a place online with news that is never wrong or misleading, link me.

You have to make the distinction yourself. You can't expect anyone to be able to do this for you. To be quite honest the plethora of websites I've read. I've been able to depict invalid information on each and everyone of them on mroe than one occasion. I slammed Packers.com heavily for their errors and it made me realize I should look more indepth at other 'respectable' websites. ie cnnsi.com espn.com foxsports.com etc.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I....was being sarcastic.

Everyone and their mother had a 'favre no-showed' article, so excuse me for thinking it was probably true.

If it was just some side website that nobody knows about but me...then...probably not so much.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
You have to make the distinction yourself. You can't expect anyone to be able to do this for you. To be quite honest the plethora of websites I've read. I've been able to depict invalid information on each and everyone of them on mroe than one occasion. I slammed Packers.com heavily for their errors and it made me realize I should look more indepth at other 'respectable' websites. ie cnnsi.com espn.com foxsports.com etc.

You mean like the errors of how many tackles pickett and Barnett have compared to nfl.com?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
vegOmatic said:
I think tromadz' brain is a no-show. :lol:

The Journal-Sentinel reported Favre was working out in the weight room.

they reported it on Tuesday morning I thought?

All reports on Monday were that he wasnt there...

Members online

Latest posts