herron out

Status
Not open for further replies.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In thompson's press conference, he said Noah Herron is out until at least the bye week due to a knee injury.

It sounds like they have signed another fullback today, but I haven't heard a name.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He might be on PUP, but I don't see any press releases anywhere. It sounds like they replaced him on the active roster with a fullback.

Reaction score
This is surprising, just yesterday a "source" was quoted on JSOnline saying that Herron would be out until week 3 at the latest.

I'm surprised about the move considering that Grant is so new and will now be expected to be the 3rd down RB.

It is of the utmost important that our o-line play out of this world, because right now our RB situation is iffy any way you look at it.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Herron is done for the year. Ouch that's a huge blow in my opinion. I actually thought he was the best all around back the Packers had. Whether it'd be running or catching the ball.

Morency needs to get healthy fast and Jackson has got to step it up. Running game is going to make or break this team.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PUP is only for players who do not pass their physical in training camp. Once a player is cleared to practice the only options are: cut, injury settlement or injured reserve (which is where Herron was placed).

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So Herron is done for the year. Ouch that's a huge blow in my opinion. I actually thought he was the best all around back the Packers had. Whether it'd be running or catching the ball.

Morency needs to get healthy fast and Jackson has got to step it up. Running game is going to make or break this team.

You're not the only one who feels that way about Herron. I think he's the best all-around. He blocks well, something no other back we have does. He also catches the ball, and he's almost as good a runner as Morency. Morency is a better runner, that's it.

Well, I just hope BJack develops. Heh, I foresee Favre throwing for 4000+ yards this year.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
although he's back up and down in practice, Jackson does have good hands and can be a good receiver on third down.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Herron out? Jeez

Thank Dendy the preseason is OVER!

We took our licks, but so did a lot of other teams. It's no excuse for any team.

Let the games begin!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre may end up throwing a record amount of passes in a single season this year.

Hopefully Morency can be a go for Philly. If so then screens and draws (two things Herron was great at) should be in the Packers game plan because Philly blitzes a lot.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, now it's official: The Packer RB situation is a mess. Herron was solid in all phases of the game and knew the offense well, so this is a pretty big blow. All the RB injuries this season have been more serious than we were initially told.

Reaction score
Favre may end up throwing a record amount of passes in a single season this year.

The problematic thing with that is our best WR Donald Driver is still questionable for the Eagles game.

His status will be confirmed on Wednesday, and I just hope that he's cleared.

I still think either of the RBs (Mo or B-Jack) will do an adequate job back there, but it's just a matter of one of them getting healthy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be hard to keep DD out. He wants to play!

But our RB situation is a mess. Hopefully Morency will be back 100% and makes us forget how messed up it was.

OP
OP
B

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Driver and all the RBs practiced Sunday, so that's good news.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If thats the case, we won't win that many games. We NEED a running game. Our running back situation is staring to look like 2005 all over again.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to repeat yourself trom, but that is very good news. As long as Jackson and Morency are available, they should be okay. I still hate losing Herron, though, who was rock solid as the #3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts