hendo and bubba

steveGB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
geez those guys stepped up hendo had 6 catches and bubba had 2 for 22 yards. you guys think they should cut hendo again for miree when hes ready to play?

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought Favre took great advantage of Darion Scott dropping into coverage to guard Bubba. Big play at the time. I wish they could get Bubba more involved in the red zone offense, but he is very big in our blocking schemes.

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hendo has been an outstanding Packer and will likely be in the Packer Hall of Fame. But it is VERY obvious he is nearing the end. I really hope they find a place on the coaching staff for him.

As I like to say....getting older sucks.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hendo has been an outstanding Packer and will likely be in the Packer Hall of Fame. But it is VERY obvious he is nearing the end. I really hope they find a place on the coaching staff for him.

Hendo is destined for a media career after football. He has hosted Monday Night Kickoff here in Green Bay for a while and I'm sure a local news stations IF not a major news stations will offer him a job as an analysis.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Edgar Bennett and Henderson coaching our backs though.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yourout said:

Hendo is destined for a media career after football. He has hosted Monday Night Kickoff here in Green Bay for a while and I'm sure a local news stations IF not a major news stations will offer him a job as an analysis.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Edgar Bennett and Henderson coaching our backs though.

Hendu is extremely well spoken. I could see him sitting next to guys like steve young and michael irvin on espn someday. Hopefully he takes irvins spot.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't forget to factor in the leadership that William brings to this team.

Time and time again in the past 5-6 years players were brought in to replace Henderson, William responded by having a pro-bowl year two years ago, like many of the Packers, he was slowed by injuriies last year.

Although Miree took his starting spot this year, William did not sit on the bench and sulk and complain, he kept himself ready to play, and has responded with two fine showings the last two weeks.

William like Brett is on the backside of his career, but there aren't many guys out there that I would rather have on my roster, William is a leader by example and a true professional, who still has some value.

Henderson signed a two year contract at the beginning of this year, it would be great if he and Brett would play next year, then retire together.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is how they should always play. im tired of our veterans letting the fans down

:rubeyes:

Can't imagine how William Henderson has ever let the fans down. I know I'm biased, but ...

See other comments above!

Chris

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Big Will has never let the Packers down nor his anyone that has ever played around him... He is a legendary Packer and always has handled himself with great pride.... Case Closed.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
geez those guys stepped up hendo had 6 catches and bubba had 2 for 22 yards. you guys think they should cut hendo again for miree when hes ready to play?

You must mean "benched" not "cut." Henderson has never been cut from the team. I think Miree is better than him at this point, and that Henderson has played well these past two games because he's been fresh. He can no longer take the constant pounding of starting every week. But he's a great player to have as a backup.

Bubba is way overpaid, but I have always admired his effort, and his blocking remains first-rate for a tight end.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i don't think, under normal circumstances, that a player should lose his starting position because of an injury. so, miree should be back as the default starter, unless he was only named the starter until henderson got healthy....

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it was awesome seeing hendo out there again - he really shined & i'm hoping it's not the last time we see him on the field.

Members online

Latest posts