Helmet to Helmet may go to suspensions

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
They still won't call **** when it happens to Rodgers. :lol:

Seriously, it amazes me how much they miss every week.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good to know, thanks Murgen for posting that!

They must have blinders for Rogers, sorry didn't see it, must of blinked.

NFL can review the play after the game whether a flag was thrown or not. I hope they crack down on this.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's official. Suspensions are going to be rendered starting this week for helmet to helmet hits on anybody not just the QB. From 6ABC (Philly). Philly is feelin this because of the hit that took out DeShaun Jackson in last Sundays Eagles/Falcons game. The hit resulted in a severe concussion with memory loss for Jackson and he will miss up to two games.

Jesuswasafullback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole thing is getting out of control its a mans game let them play...by putting thiss rule in you are asking a player not to go full speed look for more big plays on offense because of safetys afraid to come up and make a big play!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it boils down to common sense. Learn how to tackle without taking someone's head off! You don't lead with your head, don't go helmet to helmet. Nobody should be afraid to tackle, just use your head, and NOT as a weapon!

Jesuswasafullback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me it boils down to common sense. Learn how to tackle without taking someone's head off! You don't lead with your head, don't go helmet to helmet. Nobody should be afraid to tackle, just use your head, and NOT as a weapon!
When you are playing a 100 mph alot of times you dont have time to think about where your head is its all reaction thats why its bs....... the nfl is going to be flag football in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you are playing a 100 mph alot of times you dont have time to think about where your head is its all reaction thats why its bs the nfl is going to be flag football in 5 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand it's a split second decision most of the time and some of the times you can't help where the other player puts his head. You are right, it is a bit of a gray area. I guess they don't stage and choreograph the hits, LOL! I'm talking about ones that are in the players control and the hit was done with obvious intent. Those should result in suspension. The NFL had better have clear definitions of this rule otherwise it is going to lead to confusion.

Passepartout

October Outstanding
Reaction score
Well there are many more suspensions and fines to come. Seems like Goodell means what he says and vice versea. Injuries are a part of the game but also, it could mean a player's career on the line or worse.

Members online

Latest posts