Hello Packer Fans

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, looks like it's time for out yearly split for this season. I still don't believe my Vikes won that last game, but I'm sure this one will be much tougher tonight. There will be no Fred Smoot to cover Donald Driver this time around. If Cottrell doesn't double up on him, I see Driver having a big evening.

While the Packers have quite a few losses this year, you guys have a lot of fight in that team. They don't give up and have made several valiant efforts to make a game of it this season. We have not been that way. Once we get down, it's tough for the Vikes to get back into the game. We have no running game to speak of the last few weeks, and I don't think we can count on our defense and special teams to put up 21 points again to help a struggling offense. Since we have no running game, I look for you guys to blitz the heck out of Brad and force some turnovers agains out poor offensive line.

And speaking of the running game, you guys have to be thrilled with Sam Gado. It always amazes me some of the talent that can be found deep down the roster. The kid has looked pretty good the last few weeks and he should get some yards tonight against us. And of course Brett will more than likely throw for quite a few also.

Still, I look for a close game again as this is one of those rivalries the sometimes brings out the best in both teams. I really hope there are no more injuries tonght, as both our teams will have to go up into the stands and get some fans to fill positions. :) We are both getting that thin this year.

Good luck tonight. Should be a good one, as our teams will be on the National stage.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah this should be a good game. I think Brad Johnson is better than Culpepper so thats a blessing in disguise (at least a better fit for THIS team). I hope you're right about the split!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope for the sweep!! It will be tough outside and away from the dome. The team is like a jekyll and Hyde. I hope they play with some heart win or lose I have seen them just tank it sometimes. That is what really fries my eggs!!!!

OP
OP
K

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Yeah this should be a good game. I think Brad Johnson is better than Culpepper so thats a blessing in disguise (at least a better fit for THIS team). I hope you're right about the split!

I'd say better fit at the moment. The redesigned the offensive scheme around Brad, and they should have done that with Daunte before he got hurt. Don't look for a lot of deep balls thrown from us this evening.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They didn't throw a lot of deep balls vs. Green Bay last year that I recall. Just short/intermediate stuff that turned into ridiculously long gains.:(

OP
OP
K

KansasViking

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Vikes always play big against us.

I'm hoping we do again tonight.

Each of the last six regular-season meetings between the Packers and the Vikings, dating to 2002, has been decided by five points or fewer, tied for the second-longest streak in league history behind the eight straight tightly contested games between Philadelphia and Washington from 1991-95.

That's one of the reasons this series is withing one game of being tied at 44-43-1. Should be another good one tonight.

Members online

Latest posts