Hello from the UK!

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi to all!

Just briefly to introduce myself - I'm a Packer fan from North Yorkshire in England. I have followed the Pack since 1983, when the NFL was first shown regularly on TV over here.

I have wandered over here after reading Montana Bob's recommendation on the PackersNews Forum. (Hey Bob!) Looking forward to learning from my fellow Packer fans - and maybe contributing an ill-informed opinion from time to time?! :wink:

Chris

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A Warm welcome to you to PF., ChrisC out there in UK, from a very longtime, a life time, Green Bay born Packer fan located in DePere, Wi just five miles from Lambeau Field.

I also post on PNF "Pigskin prattle".

23 years is a long time for UK person to be a fan of American football ,as I realized most sports fans over in your part of the world, are Soccer fans. It seems like some Europeans are now appreciating US football.

What drew you to become a fan of the Green Bay Packers? It sure was not because Green Bay was a powerhouse in NFL during '83-'91 era. But you were rewarded for your loyalty to the Packers by the great era of 13 years of non losing football and best winning percentage of any NFL franchise from 1993 -2004.

Look forward to your posts. We. posters at PF try to keep all Packer fan posters well informed.

Need any Packer/NFL Info, just ask. You can also "PM" if you want Packer info. I am here in Green Bay Metro area, attending Packer mini and training camp sessions and get information from all kind of sources . It is Green Bay Packer football 365 days a year here in Green Bay. Green Bay media covers the Packers "like a blanket"!!!

OP
OP
C

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PWT36 said:
What drew you to become a fan of the Green Bay Packers? It sure was not because Green Bay was a powerhouse in NFL during '83-'91 era. But you were rewarded for your loyalty to the Packers by the great era of 13 years of non losing football and best winning percentage of any NFL franchise from 1993 -2004.

Hi there PWT! Thanks for the welcome.

You're right - it wasn't the win/loss record back then that was so attractive :wink:

I started to enjoy the game once we got a bit more than the very brief snippets we had previously seen on TV over here. But why the Packers? Well, the first game I saw was GB v the Steelers, and I had to pick one team to support! I soon learned that the Packers had a tradition and I appreciate that. (Though I could have done worse than picked the Steelers in that regard!)

My brother and I started to try and follow the games live on the Armed Forces Radio Network - some weeks it was a real treat - a Packer game! We began looking out for Lynn ****ey, Coffman, Lofton, Jefferson ... I didn't know anything about Defense then (and not a lot about the running game either, as you can see!)

Anyhow, we had some fun - and eventually a good team to support. My brother had the great good luck to be in the States for the Ryder Cup golf the same Monday Night when the Pack beat the Redskins 48-47!! Always envied him that :roll:

The most recent Superbowl win was something really special, even for a Brit and relatively new Packer fan - but you folks must have been ecstatic!!

Thanks again for the warm welcome - I'll be back for info and the "inside track" on all things Packer!!

Chris

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
welcome.... i think im gonna try and visit england in late september.... any where cool to watch the packers games.??

OP
OP
C

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
welcome.... i think im gonna try and visit england in late september.... any where cool to watch the packers games.??

Hey Packnic

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I really don't know of anywhere you can see Packers games in the UK. The coverage is very limited on Terrestrial TV - usually late night Sunday or Monday depending on who is on SNF / MNF. As you can imagine, there will be fewer Packer games available to us over here, coming off the 4-12 season.

If you can find somewhere with satellite TV - and many bars have it - then it's possible to see a game at 6pm and 9pm - but again, depending on the choice of the network: Packer games not assured.

Hope you manage to make your visit.

Chris

OP
OP
C

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi there, Ghost!

Just checked your introduction thread - you are one great Packer fan! Stoke to Lambeau is no mean road trip! :thumbsup:

Chris

Members online

Latest posts