Heisman Trophy

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5892523"]Cam Newton, LaMichael James, Kellen Moore, Andrew Luck Heisman finalists - ESPN@@AMEPARAM@@http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5892534@@AMEPARAM@@5892534[/ame]

Now I see why Cam Newton is in, I see why LaMichael James is in.

I want Boise State QB Kellen Moore to win now that leads me to

Out of every player left Why is Andrew Luck there?

No John Clay, No Denard Robinson.

Why did they pick Andrew LUCK?

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If your name isn't Cam Newton, you shouldn't even bother showing up for the ceremony.

I can't remember the last time the trophy's been such a mortal lock to go to someone.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow why Andrew Luck? Have you seen this kid play?

349 attempts, 245 completions for 3051 yards, a whopping 70.% percent completion and an 8.74 YPA, 28 TDs to 7 INTs for an amazing 166.10 qb rating (college), this in a pro-style offense. Almost every snap he took was from center, not in a shotgun where he can see the whole field.

I know, Cam Newton did even better, there's a reason he's clearly the front runner. But he was in a spread offense.

Andrew Luck, BTW, is considered the consensus #1 pick in next year's draft.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
john clay isnt even the best badger rb. Not sure why he would be invited to NYC unless he needs an extra job parking cars.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This award is a joke. It is supposed to be awarded to the "most outstanding player in collegiate football". But, it has gone to only one defensive player in its history (Charles Woodson); it has never gone to an offensive or defensive lineman or a linebacker. Funny how these people are never the most outstanding.

Instead it almost always goes to the quarterback or tailback on one of the top few teams in the country - no exception this year apparently. And it is a popularity contest complete with university marketing campaigns, etc.

I haven't watched or followed this for years. To me it's more interesting to see who is able to play in the NFL and who goes on to do other great things (inside or outside of football).

Suh last season was so dominate I thought he might have a chance. foolish of me to think the voters would give it to the best player.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Instead it almost always goes to the quarterback or tailback on one of the top few teams in the country - no exception this year apparently. And it is a popularity contest complete with university marketing campaigns, etc.
Cam Newton actually deserves it this year. Head and shoulders above anybody else in CFB this year, imo.

Last year, though I would've had Mark Ingram third on my ballot behind Ndamakong Suh and Toby Gerhart.

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I only asked dont forget Im across the pond

*Waves at you people*

haha, Anyway I just dont get all this about Luck, To me it seems like they were filling in the ballot, I was thinking besides Newton, James, Moore and I had no 4th player

Maybe he has a chance but yeah Sadly Newton will win, GO MOORE!

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4N2jAnS29M&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=PLF5F81765C54AFD24"]YouTube - Stanford Football : 9/29/2010 : Andrew Luck Highlights vs. Notre Dame[/ame]

Click on the link and it'll take to a list of his highlights.

These two are great:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4_w-puInqY"]YouTube - Andrew Luck nukes Cal defender on 58 yd run. Stanford v. Cal, Big Game Nov 20 2010[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I"]YouTube - Stanford vs. USC-Andrew Luck Lays out Shareece Wright.mov[/ame]

Not only he's a great QB, he's though as hell.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is patient and does seemed rushed. Has great reads and does stuff you normally see in the pros. No idea about arm strength though

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
Even though a year from now the award will be taken away, Cam Newton has to win it. I'd love for someone else to take it because of the possibility of the trophy being taken away, but if the award is based solely on on-field performance, he deserves it.

OP
OP
Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though a year from now the award will be taken away, Cam Newton has to win it. I'd love for someone else to take it because of the possibility of the trophy being taken away, but if the award is based solely on on-field performance, he deserves it.

Can they not give it to someone else?

I still dont get why the didnt give it to another player the year that Bush got done.

Buts thats another topic

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I've seen more than a few discussions on that very topic.

Here is the Heisman statement....

"The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity.”

So the question comes in when it comes to the integrity issue.

Granted, Newton himself had not been found guilty (YET) but his father admitted wrongdoing. However, Auburn suspended Newton for violations then immediately filed for his reinstatemnt from the NCAA.... which was granted in less then 24 hours.

So the question is obviously does a player who has been disciplned for violating NCAA rules meet the standards of what they feel is integrity?

I don't know........makes one wonder what their definition of integrity is.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts