Heartbreak

mattresell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=29.895425+-
This is what I wrote on my blog before the game. Turns out I was right, heartbroken once again. http://unrestrictedview.blogspot.com/

Each week before the Packers play, I set myself up for a letdown. This is the curse of the diehard fan. The diehard fan always believes his team will win the game. No matter how outmatched they seem, no matter how poorly they have played in the recent past, the diehard fan finds a reason to believe his team has the advantage. For me that reason is easily found and quite convincing. That reason is Brett Favre.

In the past he has been talented enough to overcome any deficiencies the rest of the team incurs. Sadly, this may no longer be the case. In fact, anyone who is not biased towards the Packers could make the arguement that Favre is part of the problem. That arguement would be wrong and I will not allow my mind to be littered with this absurd propaganda. It's similar to Astros fans encouraging Bagwell to come back next year. Or Jordan fans refusing to admit that he shouldn't have come back to play for the Wizards. Diehard fans refuse to let anything tarnish the legacy of their heroes, no matter how obvious their heroes deficiencies have become. We always feel those heroes have just one more season, one more game, or one more play that will capture our imaginations. It is, inevitably, the curse of the diehard fan.

Well, tonight is no different. The Packers are struggling at 0-3. The offense has been erratic. The defense has been no better than average. And there has been nothing special about the special teams. But none of that matters this Monday night. Because the packers still have Brett Favre. And despite the probability, I still believe he has one more play in him to win this game to turn around one last season. And once again, I've set myself up for heartbreak.

If you want a link to the site, its unrestrictedview.blogspot.com or roll your mouse over the space behind the first sentence.

cdnpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When it looked to be like we were totally blown out and done, I was angry but was like oh well, gotta move on I guess....then, when we lost by 3, that was probably my closest time to crying in a while :( Well, maybe not exactly, but it was tough to handle. Huge props to the team though, and Brett....with games like this, it makes me think you can never retire...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts