Hawthorne gets the axe!!!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
News: Safety Michael Hawthorne, who lost his starting job in last week's loss to the Seahawks, was released by the St. Louis Rams on Thursday. Hawthorne, signed to a free agent contract in the offseason, started the first five games at free safety. Mike Furrey replaced him in the second quarter of a 37-31 loss to Seattle and tied for the team lead with a career-high nine tackles, including seven solo stops.

Another ex Packer db who couldn't make it elsewhere.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't surprise me in the least...you know you're rotten (to NFL standards) when you get beat out by a rookie DB that holds every freakin' play.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
News: Safety Michael Hawthorne, who lost his starting job in last week's loss to the Seahawks, was released by the St. Louis Rams on Thursday. Hawthorne, signed to a free agent contract in the offseason, started the first five games at free safety. Mike Furrey replaced him in the second quarter of a 37-31 loss to Seattle and tied for the team lead with a career-high nine tackles, including seven solo stops.

Another ex Packer db who couldn't make it elsewhere.

all former packers are cursed once they leave the team.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
no, its just they shouldnt be in the NFL in the first place, and GB gives them a home for some reason. Hunt had a job why? cuz he was fat? good reason.

Carroll is next on the chopping block.

spillage

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit tends to carry alot of players that dont cut it anywhere else. In fact I remember Green Bay ditching one of these types on Detroit (a wr that shall remain name less). It says to me they made the right choice by letting him go. The ones that burn me are the guys that are cut and become superstars on another team. Terry Glenn is the only one that comes to mind recently.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got no issue with naming that Wide Receiver......

Bill Schroeder - #84
He no longers plays for the Lions, either....
Guy always had the dropsies... use to P-O Favre every time.....

Members online

Latest posts