Hawk works out during Rookie Symposium

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an extract from an article about the NFL Rookie Symposium
by Adam Schefter for nfl.com:

One man's observation:
Nobody is going to outwork Green Bay's first-round pick, linebacker A.J. Hawk.

When a reporter walked into the hotel's gym here late Sunday afternoon, Hawk was the only rookie in there, lifting weights.

When the reporter returned again at 6:30 the next morning, Hawk was wrapping up his morning workout.

Two days, two workouts, one point. Hawk is going to work himself to the top.

Good to know. Doesn't say much about his game at NFL level, but a very good approach to the NFL though, isn't it?
:)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a good report. Maybe a long-term weakness(linebacker) could become a strength with the last two year's drafts.

Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Hawk is going to be a starting LB for many years

Not to be rude, but the Packers don't need just a starting LB. They need a playmaker, probowl player. It takes something special to become that, and I hope Hawk is able to become one of those special players.

One thing is for sure, he apparently has the work ethic for it, which is a GREAT start.

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
all about da packers said:
thetombradyhater said:
Hawk is going to be a starting LB for many years

Not to be rude, but the Packers don't need just a starting LB. They need a playmaker, probowl player. It takes something special to become that, and I hope Hawk is able to become one of those special players.

One thing is for sure, he apparently has the work ethic for it, which is a GREAT start.

i was thinking about saying pro bowl player but then evrybody would be like whoa don't get ahead of yourself he's only a rookie. I did not want to make my statement to bold

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's why Thompson's so high on the kid, great attitude, works hard, chomping at the bit to perform at a high level in the pros. The *ahem* good folks over at PFT have been havin' a fine time making fun of the way Hawk and his fiancée look. Hopefully his conduct and level of play will muzzle 'em. Knowin' those guys, probably not, but Hawk's a great aquisition for the Packers. We sorely needed this kind of player. Glad we got him.

Members online

Latest posts