Hawk-ish About Playing Time ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wheels coming off my ***...

He is not the best at his spot and is not getting playing time..If he is mad and crying over it, then he needs to step his game up and PROVE he is better

Whats next?? We hear Jackson upset he isnt getting 20 carries a game?

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As former safety L. Butler has said good players are able to play every down. With the exception of maybe the defensive line, rotating people in and out is not a good thing. The offense can go to a no huddle and the players can't get into their rhythm.

Hawk has shown he lacks skills in pass defense, playing in space. He has become one dimensional. I feel that the coaches are forcing him in the rotation based on his resume, not talent. No other team in the NFL rotates their LBs as much as we do, and it affects the individuals play. Look at Clay Mathews, he was sharing time with Brady P., against the lions he played the whole game. The more he played and got into the game (not getting interrupted by being taken out) the better he played.

I don't understand what Moss is talking about, at times he is praising Hawks play and then ever so quietly he under cuts him.

The coaches are saying the right things to keep the players happy, we heard all the same stuff about Bishop and look what has happen to him.

This story will be going on all year, they are going to play Hawk as much as they can to keep the possibility of a trade alive in the off season. This kind of talk is meant to keep the player happy and his trade value protected.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have 4 ILB. The best one, Barnett. The best in run defense, Hawk. The best in pass defense, Chillar. Better than the last two, IMO, but not according to the coaches: Bishop.

Barnett plays on every down, now that he's ready to go. Hawk plays on running situations (base defense). Chillar, on passing situations (packages). Bishop, for some reason, doesn't play, unless 2 of them are injuried.

There you go! If Hawk wants to play more, he should improve his coverage ability, and/or his pass rush. Until then, he'll only play in run situations...

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have 4 ILB. The best one, Barnett. The best in run defense, Hawk. The best in pass defense, Chillar. Better than the last two, IMO, but not according to the coaches: Bishop.

Barnett plays on every down, now that he's ready to go. Hawk plays on running situations (base defense). Chillar, on passing situations (packages). Bishop, for some reason, doesn't play, unless 2 of them are injuried.

There you go! If Hawk wants to play more, he should improve his coverage ability, and/or his pass rush. Until then, he'll only play in run situations...

I wonder the same thing. Bishop looked excellent in pre season and should probably be in there about 20 snaps a game, at least. What will most likely happens is he leaves and has a decent starting career somewhere else. That would only seem appropriate. I am starting to doubt TT's evaluation of talent: he drafts terrible in the first few rounds historically and the mid round late players seem to be the best pickups. Oh well hopefully someone in GB knows what is going on and help turn a talented team around.

THOUGHT: Matthews will be what Hawk coulda/shoulda/woulda been? Just a hope.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts