Nick Clancy, WILB
Devin Willis, CB
Damond Smith, CB
Cedrick Moore, CB
James Winchester, LS
Ryan Roberson, FB

H

HardRightEdge

Great name for a tight end..."Jake Stoneburner". I like saying "Jake Stoneburner". I hope he makes it to PS so I can continue to say "Jake Stoneburner".

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I likr the Stoneburner and Pena signings.I thought both were round 6 talent

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Great name for a tight end..."Jake Stoneburner". I like saying "Jake Stoneburner". I hope he makes it to PS so I can continue to say "Jake Stoneburner".
It's awesome no doubt but how about having a Winchester as your long snapper?

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rumors:

Myles White, WR
Andy Mulumba, OLB
Patrick Lewis, C
Jake Stoneburner, TE
Lane Taylor, G
Angelo Pease, RB
Matt Brown, QB
Ben Ericksen, FS
Gilbert Pena, NT
Vujnovich, Jeremy, T
Nick Clancy, WILB
Devin Willis, CB
Damond Smith, CB
Cedrick Moore, CB
James Winchester, LS
History says a few of these guys will make our roster.

H

HardRightEdge

Here's a roster count:

66 before the draft
11 drafted
10 UFA signed as of last night

That leaves 3 openings.

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, from just last year: Don Barclay, Jarrett Boykin, Dezman Moses, Sean Richardson

You should add DuJuan Harris to that list...he was a UFA initially with Jacksonville.

It will be a tougher row to *** this year, for several reasons.

This was a better draft than last year... not just more quantity but also better quality. There were 3 more picks this year than last. The bottom half of the roster got appreciably younger and cheaper last year. And the draft directly attacked quality, depth and/or injury question marks at TB, D-Line, O-Line.

I can see a rotation of new guys for old on the PS, but I would not be surprised if no UFAs made the 53 this year...until the promotions due to injury.

H

HardRightEdge

Like the Stoneburner signing

Joking aside, the guy's Combine measurements were 6'3 3/8", 252, 4.62, 18 lifts. Ran in the 4.5's at his Pro Day. Gil Brandt says he's got smooth hands. He played TE, WR, slot and H-Back at Ohio State.

Not much college production, though.

I don't know if he can stone anybody in the run game, but the measurables indicate he might burn some guys in the pass game.

He is in keeping with the theme of this draft...athletic, fast, versatile. On paper he fits the mold of a Finley replacement. Paper vs. playground are two different things, of course. I am perhaps in the minority in thinking that the TEs we have behind Finley are all iffy once you get past special teams value. This is the one area with depth question marks where we did not draft.

In June 2012 he was arrested for public urination and running from police. Is that worth reporting? Who hasn't done that...sheesh.

texaspackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've heard that Erickson is out because he flunked the physical, and Damond Smith is somehow out of the picture - either a problem with the law in Alabama or just no longer being included among the UDFAs. Can anybody confirm either or both of these? I also heard we got another CB last name Smith from Arizona or Arizona State.

My best bet to make it big from that list is Mulumba.

Members online