Hats Off To The Victors.

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hats off to the Vikings today. They out played us on both sides of the ball and deserved to win. I'm not to fond of what classless Moss did in the endzone, but again thats just randy being randy. As hard as this is to say.....good job vikes. :puke:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game to the vikes. Too bad it had to be blemished by the classless act of Randy Moss. They beat us on both sides of the ball, however, I don't think the Eagles will have too much to worry about.

eastcoastpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you,gotarace27. They played alot better than the packers.Now wait to see what happen to the offensive line? The DC and that side of the team? If Favre comes back,if we even have the same running backs? I'm getting a headache,catch you all later..... :wink:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry RYAN - gotta disagree with ya.....

I hope the Vikings hand it to McNabb... in a big way!

Eagles suck - big time!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles will exploit the weak D of the Vikings like they both did to the Pack. The Eagles win that one in Philly. Let's remember who backed into the playoffs here.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks guys for your posts and I think Randy shouldn't have done that. I was suprised how the Vikes D played and suprised by your O. I and everyone else thought that this would be a very close game won in th elast minute like the last two. I hope we play like that next sunday and we can beat the Eagles. And why did you guys wait to go to cover two in the second half? Why did you guys wait so long? It defintely held us down in the second half and you knew it would from the last game. Good luck in your offseason!!

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They might just as long as you can keep Moss and the rest of the longhairs away from the Party circuit... If they get to Philly a day early.. you guys will get mugged at the Bar - and play like crap.... there's NO Max McGee's on that lineup... fer sure!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't know that. A Little history for you pack fans. Max wasn't suppose to start the game, the starting tight end couldn't go so max stepped in and had a record breaking performance. so you never know who will step up and be a max mcgee for us.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals,

Got back to NC Monday Night from snowy Wisconsin. Needless to say, the game was a huge disappointment. I'm sure most of the reasons for the Packers poor showing have been discussed by now, but I wanted to offer a few of my personal observations about Sunday Night:

The defense - My fear going into the game was that the Vikings would come out firing and try and get an early lead on us. Unfortunately my fears were realized on the third play of the game and by the time the game was 5 minutes old, we were down 14-0. This defense has absolutely no consistency from play to play, quarter to quarter and game to game. The players aren't sure of their assignments and they are questioning the schemes. They are fighting on the sidelines (Carroll and Roman) and can't tackle. Not good! It's obvious changes need to be made on that side of the ball and of course it should start with relieving Slowik of his duties. We also need more leadership on defense. Sharper should be the leader, but he can't seem to make it happen and it's hard for the other players to respect him when he is one of the main culprits missing tackles. Besides replacing Slowik and probably Shottenheimer too, I think we need to acquire, through free agency or the draft, a stud player at one of three positions, defensive tackle, middle linebacker (move barnett outside) or safety.

Favre - Had a bad game, no doubt, but when you're put in a 17 point hole and lose your best receiver it's usually a recipe for mistakes. The thing that bothers me the most though, was his boneheaded play just before the half when he threw the ball after running well past the line of scrimmage. We were still very much in the game and a touchdown on that drive would have given us the momentum going into the half. I don't know what he was thinking when he threw the ball, I haven't heard his explanation, but that was not the kind of play we've come to expect from him. I can only think that he's had so much to deal with lately (Deannas chemo, her brother getting killed and Reggies death) that he's just mentally burned out. I hope he doesn't decide to retire. He just needs some rest.

Sherman - He's been able to get the Packers to played inspired games at various times this year, but for some reason they lay these occasional eggs. The inconsistency is maddening. I think it's time to give up the GM role and concentrate on coaching alone. There seems to be some serious communication problems on this team and I have to hold Sherman ultimately responsible. He's just got too much on his plate.

Moss's salute to Packer fans - I was much more embarrased by the Packer defense than what this self absorbed punk did.

In conclusion, if Favre does decide to come back, the Packer organization MUST make sure the team is going to have a realistic shot at going all the way. The 2004 Packers were put together with rubber bands and they snapped at the worst time. It's going to take a combination of the right players and coaches to get it done, but I think we are not that far away.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech - It was everything I expected and more. I've been to several games at Lambeau in September and October, but it was a goal of mine to get up there and experience the true flavor of Packer football. It was cold, but not unbearable and I came prepared for that, but more importantly, the crowd was in playoff form. I'm sure you saw the yellow "spirit sticks" they passed out to all the fans and when everyone in the crowd was waving them, it was quite a site. We stayed outside Madison on Saturday night, so I was only in Green Bay on game day, but was pleasantly surprised that my favorite pre and post game hangout, the Stadium View Bar and Grill had the beer garden open and the usual musical entertainment playing OUTDOORS. The game itself was a major letdown, not necessarily because the Packers lost, but because it seemed the Vikings wanted it more and thats just something I'm not used to seeing from the green and gold. I certainly hope this wasn't my last opportunity to see a playoff game up there, but I hope the Packers give a little more effort in the future.

BTW - If you happened to record the game and haven't burned the tape yet, the Fox cameras caught a very glum looking NCPackerfan during a timeout with approx. 3:33 left in the game. I had a grey hooded sweatshirt on, with the hood covering my Packer hat. Kind of cool seeing yourself on the broadcast, but I would much rather it had been under better circumstances.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NC get a screen capture of that and get 'er up in the gallery!

I think I've mentioned before that I am technically illiterate. I taped the game on VHS, but have no idea how to do a "screen capture". I'll be glad to do it if you can step me through it.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry NC that's my bad. I don't have a capture card or way to input via VCR to my machine or I would just have you send me a copy of the tape! Well maybe IPB or some other multimedia guru can do it... we'll see if anyone offers after reading this.

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No problem. Like I said, during the 2 seconds or so I was on the air, it looked like my best friend had died. Just staring off into space wondering what went wrong :(

After you mentioned it, I checked out the photo gallery and saw leopardmech's pictures from last years playoff game. Looked like he had a a lot of fun. I will try and remember to take my digital camera next game.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts