Hats off to Aaron Rodgers

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No doubt that Rodgers was the better of the two gb qbs last night. Favre yet again reverted to panic mode, and got lucky on a 3rd should be interception that looked much like Ruvell Martin's TD catch v. Minnesota.

Kudos to Rodgers on a phenomenal game under very overwhellming circumstances.

johnny_blood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers was in a very tough position and really kept his cool.

I was very impressed with the velocity of his throws, his scrambling, and his decision-making.

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
Aaron rodgers is my new hero! I though he would be *****, but obviously he's been observing and learning from the master.

Just like to note also that since I started following american football over 10 years ago, and been a packer fan nearly as long, I'm only used to seeing Brett playing QB for the packers in the regular season. It was very weird not seeing number 4 behind centre when it was crunch time!

Rodgers was cool, calm and looked completely in control. I was very impressed how he handled himself, that boys got skills! And he can run! when was the last time you could say that about a green bay QB!

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah..I thought this day would come.

I'm glad you guys see it....

He was really amazing in college and now you guys
get to see it now.

As Mike McCarthy said "when Aaron Rodgers gets his comfort
level, you will all see what it's all about"

He's hit that comfort level now.

I'm not into "I told you so" and all that jazz...hopefully I've matured in these discussions too.

But I'm glad you guys see how he can play.

It's going to be fun when he takes over.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look who crawls out of the wood-pile...!

Yeah..he had a comfort level because that pathetic rusty gate Colledge was taken out of the game!

I would have liked to have seen how he would have done if he was under the same pressure that Brett was under!

Rodgers looked good, but don't be fooled. He will have to go through alot of growing pains like Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, and Matt Schaub, that all rookie QB's go through. And he's still a rookie in terms of game time experience.

Some people just don't understand this game.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

get to see it now.

I'm not into "I told you so" and all that jazz...hopefully I've matured in these discussions too.

Cal - welcome back. I was wondering what happened to you.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cal2GreenBay said:

get to see it now.

Thanks Zombie...

Works been kicking my butt, so I hadn't been able to post as I'd like
(I had to actually do work...couldn't believe it...hehe)

Well I'm at a new job and now it's on again.

Aaron's throws looked so dart like and effortless...

Much better than the 20 yard outs that Alex Smith throws in San Francisco...where he puts everything he has into a 20 yard throw
and does his 70s disco point before he throws..telegraphing his throw..to give the DB a head start on his interception.

Aaron, Brett, and Romo..all have quick releases and effortless throwing motions. Glad to see that Green Bay has TWO QBs who can do that.

San Francisco has ZERO

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Cal2GreenBay said:

get to see it now.

Thanks Zombie...

Works been kicking my butt, so I hadn't been able to post as I'd like
(I had to actually do work...couldn't believe it...hehe)

Well I'm at a new job and now it's on again.

Aaron's throws looked so dart like and effortless...

Much better than the 20 yard outs that Alex Smith throws in San Francisco...where he puts everything he has into a 20 yard throw
and does his 70s disco point before he throws..telegraphing his throw..to give the DB a head start on his interception.

Aaron, Brett, and Romo..all have quick releases and effortless throwing motions. Glad to see that Green Bay has TWO QBs who can do that.

San Francisco has ZERO

Good to have you back, Cal! I always enjoy seeing you stick up for your homeboy, I've been liking him more and more since this past offseason-but way to back him from day one!

It'd be nice to see you around more often man, don't let the Favre-firsters run you outta here.

I thought Rodge played close to great in relief, and I think his accelerated mobility contributed to him avoiding some of the pressures. Favre has definitely proven beyond question that he's the best option for us or almost any other team, but it's good to see we have a future after #4.

I always screw up the actual definition of irony, but would it be ironic if Brett got knocked out @ some point this season, and Aaron led us to a SB victory? wow. I would love the championship, but the bittersweetness would make me puke I think.

TexasPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arod made me proud last night. He kept us in the game and only losing by 10 with our backup QB is good sign against Dallas. Mad props.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look who crawls out of the wood-pile...!

Yeah..he had a comfort level because that pathetic rusty gate Colledge was taken out of the game!

I would have liked to have seen how he would have done if he was under the same pressure that Brett was under!

Rodgers looked good, but don't be fooled. He will have to go through alot of growing pains like Philip Rivers, Eli Manning, and Matt Schaub, that all rookie QB's go through. And he's still a rookie in terms of game time experience.

Some people just don't understand this game.

What's up Fuzz..nice to see you haven't lost your edge =)
Yeah..he's got to go through the growing pains like Rivers and manning etc..but it's nice to see Aaron shows more promise than Alex Smith ever will...

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Aaron will be a good QB one day. I hope he will.

He has the potential.

But all I'm saying is that you know that a pro QB has to go through the growing pains of real time game experience.

Hell, it might take a couple of years until he reaches his potential, with ups and downs along the way.

But to think that he's going to go out there and play like he did last night all season is a bit naive.

But he'll be a good one, i think.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny as this might be but also probably true. I just heard on the radio they're talking about how the Packers have the 2 best QB's in the division.

After seeing Rodgers in pre season and now against a very stout Dallas defense, you might have to agree with that.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just excited that the kid had such a good game, period. After his sparse regular season performances, I definitely wondered if he was Alex Smith II.

After last night, I'm definitely encouraged to think that he's got plenty of potential to start in GB for years to come.

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys love when Aaron got on the field, and the NFL Network's Chris "I sucked when I played" Collinsworth said:

"Green Bay's not gonna win a lot of games w/Aaron Rodgers in the game."

RIGHT after he says that, Aaron throws to Jennings that goes 40 plus yards.

After they marched in for the touchdown, Collinsworth, mouth full of crow, says "That's a pretty impressive march down the field by Aaron Rodgers...the future looks bright"

Collinsworth = Hypocrite, Idiot-ANALyst.

Well..I guess Aaron didn't WIN the game..but he showed he CAN win future ones.

Oh how Mike Nolan must be feeling right now. "We feel Alex Smith has more upside than Aaron, is more mobile and has a strong enough arm"

Nolan and Collinsworth love to eat CROW.

No wonder McCarthy came out to Green Bay.

My CAL Alumni friend was asking me "How come Alex Smith
looks like he's putting EVERYTHING into his throws when it's a 20 yard out(This is BEFORE his shoulder injury) and Aaron, Brett, and Romo
look like it's just a simple wrist flick?"

I said "Ask NOLAN.."

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a rod is the man, if you think about it the 49ers selected Alex Smith withthe number one selection and Rodgers couldve easily gone number one. He has all the tools and has been learning and watching from the best ever. Rodgers is the real deal!

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you guys love when Aaron got on the field, and the NFL Network's Chris "I sucked when I played" Collinsworth said:

"Green Bay's not gonna win a lot of games w/Aaron Rodgers in the game."

RIGHT after he says that, Aaron throws to Jennings that goes 40 plus yards.

After they marched in for the touchdown, Collinsworth, mouth full of crow, says "That's a pretty impressive march down the field by Aaron Rodgers...the future looks bright"

Collinsworth = Hypocrite, Idiot-ANALyst.

Well..I guess Aaron didn't WIN the game..but he showed he CAN win future ones.

Oh how Mike Nolan must be feeling right now. "We feel Alex Smith has more upside than Aaron, is more mobile and has a strong enough arm"

Nolan and Collinsworth love to eat CROW.

No wonder McCarthy came out to Green Bay.

My CAL Alumni friend was asking me "How come Alex Smith
looks like he's putting EVERYTHING into his throws when it's a 20 yard out(This is BEFORE his shoulder injury) and Aaron, Brett, and Romo
look like it's just a simple wrist flick?"

I said "Ask NOLAN.."

I'm glad you mentioned that, because that was right before I reached the bar. Didn't hear him dog Rodgers.

Rodgers looked really good. I'm impressed, and now not worried about the future of the Packers. I hope he's signed for a long time. I don't know the status of his contract.

Aaron looked mobile, and I loved his scrambling ability. He was chased out of the pocket way too many times and frankly, our OL needs an upgrade badly. Our OL play Thursday was not acceptable. I don't want to see Favre or Rodgers taking hits like that.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an interesting bit from Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column in SI today:

I think Aaron Rodgers is making Packer Nation sleep a little better in the wake of the drubbing Green Bay took in Dallas. I spoke to Rodgers two or three weeks ago on another matter and asked him how he was doing. He made an interesting point. He said as much as he didn't like sitting on the bench for most of three years, sitting and soaking in knowledge from Brett Favre and a good offensive staff like Mike McCarthy's has helped him smooth out the rough edges in his game. He now has total confidence running the system there.

"Now,'' he said, "when Donald Driver looks at me, he knows he can have confidence in me. That wouldn't have been the case in my rookie year. I'm just so much more comfortable.'' It showed Thursday night in Dallas.

Plus, the Rodgers-Favre relationship has improved dramatically -- to the point where now Rodgers has gone to Favre's house for dinner. Remember two seasons ago, when the relationship was chilly? "Chilly is the wrong word, I'd say,'' Rodgers told me. "Third wheel is better. Our relationship has gone from strictly business the first year to a little bit of a buddy role my second year to being really close friends now.''

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
It'd be nice to see you around more often man, don't let the Favre-firsters run you outta here.

i thought i coined the phrase "Green Bay Favrers" for such people. You guys are supposed to make it catch on! :D

Cal2GreenBay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Here's an interesting bit from Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback column in SI today:

I think Aaron Rodgers is making Packer Nation sleep a little better in the wake of the drubbing Green Bay took in Dallas. I spoke to Rodgers two or three weeks ago on another matter and asked him how he was doing. He made an interesting point. He said as much as he didn't like sitting on the bench for most of three years, sitting and soaking in knowledge from Brett Favre and a good offensive staff like Mike McCarthy's has helped him smooth out the rough edges in his game. He now has total confidence running the system there.

"Now,'' he said, "when Donald Driver looks at me, he knows he can have confidence in me. That wouldn't have been the case in my rookie year. I'm just so much more comfortable.'' It showed Thursday night in Dallas.

Plus, the Rodgers-Favre relationship has improved dramatically -- to the point where now Rodgers has gone to Favre's house for dinner. Remember two seasons ago, when the relationship was chilly? "Chilly is the wrong word, I'd say,'' Rodgers told me. "Third wheel is better. Our relationship has gone from strictly business the first year to a little bit of a buddy role my second year to being really close friends now.''

Great quote

Members online

Latest posts