Hats off to Aaron Rodgers

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It needs to be said. Rodgers looked fantastic. Loved his scrambling. Loved his coolness. He made a few mistakes, but to come off the bench and look that good, I'm feeling much better than I did a week ago after Favre retires.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked just as good as he did in the preseason. He kept the Packers in the game. But hopefully Favre is okay and back in top form for next week's game. He's got ten days to prepare for it.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers, you are ridiculous!

you are my weekly MVP and you deserve it, kid!

And I agree with all three of your awards.
I hope those refs all get STDs.

jessefly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree....aaron had a better game then brett was ever going to....he prolly woulda kept going deep into double coverage if he was still in

Reaction score
A-Rod deserves a huge hand. He kept his cool, and kept us in the game. He really has matured, and in his first extended action when a game really matters, he did great.

A-Rod, and our entire team for that matter, gave it all they had. You can't fault them for lack of effort.

OP
OP
Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said this early in Rogers career that I thought he'd be good. He is good.

My buddy's mother is a Cal Alumni and watches every game. I'm sure I'll hear from her "I told you so" when she was hyping how good Rodgers was to me a few years back.

The other cool thing is Rodgers is from Chico, California, where I'll be retiring in 30 years. Great to see a hometown kid look this good in the NFL.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Aaron played excellent tonight, without a doubt showed a glipse of very bright future. Got us back into the game..

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally was very impressed with Aaron Rodgers. Green Bay is set for years long after Favre is retired.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup........to come in cold, under that pressure and to play like that gives me hope for the future.
I wonder if Favre's consecutive streak ends now?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the very least we have to be optimistic about Rodgers. Now Favre is this teams QB head and shoulders but it's always nice to know that we have a starting caliber player behind him.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sean Salisbury said... Aaron had a calming affect and thats so freakin true.

Brett went away from the short passes and tried to go deep every god dang play and it hurt us.

Aaron stuck to the game plan hit his under routes and moved the football.

Then Sean said the Packers have a true QB controversy. Then i remembered this is the same stupid **** that used to comment on Battle Bots. yes Battle Bots.

All im saying is... Brett stick to the scheme and the coaching and we will win games with you. thats it. just do it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Brett has the skills to go deep, but he needs to reign it in and make smart decisions when to do so, like NOT when you're getting tackled. The underneath route was there all year and guys would run after the catch, yet he...forgot that this week. Maybe next week!

Aaron Rodgers rocks my socks.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: #12

It was great to see Rodgers do so well. I hope he shut all of the haters up. I had to debate with many Rodgers haters over the last few years, it was getting tiring.

cowboyuptx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It needs to be said. Rodgers looked fantastic. Loved his scrambling. Loved his coolness. He made a few mistakes, but to come off the bench and look that good, I'm feeling much better than I did a week ago after Favre retires.

You have every right to feel optimistic, I would be! Rodgers played great tonight! This is good news for Romo, since he's such a big Packers fan! :wink:

Speaking of Romo.... Rodgers' game tonight reminded me very much of Tony Romo's first real game action... We lost that game too, but Romo gave us a spark and made some plays. Rodgers made some really big plays, while not making any real bad ones... Overall, very impressive.

Future looks bright! 8)

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is ready to go when his time comes.
The Packers sufferred from the coaching staff going away fro what we have done best over the 1st 11 games, you can't blame Brett for that. They went back to it after Rodgers came into the game and he performed well.

Members online

Latest posts