Has there been another meltdown after any other play went down?

Bus Cook

You're never alone with a schizophrenic
Reaction score
Wilmette=>Fontana=>Lake Geneva=>Michigan ugh
We had injuries before AR went out. When he went out we became a terrible team. I can only recall one other team losing one key player and tanking this badly and that was a part of a rebuilding process too. Manning in Indy is all that comes to mind.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We had injuries before AR went out. When he went out we became a terrible team. I can only recall one other team losing one key player and tanking this badly and that was a part of a rebuilding process too. Manning in Indy is all that comes to mind.

Not that i can think of most recent? I remember when Rich Gannon suffered a neck injury in Oakland and was forced to retire..Oakland has never been any good since. That was 7/8 yr's ago.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:D:D:D:D
They had a great GM too.

Al Davis? well he wasn't afraid to draft outside the box thats for sure lol. He was around forever but he's got alot of picks in Canton and a couple more headed there after they are done. Including Woodson, a kicker and possibly a punter.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The closest I've seen was '90 (I think) when Majikowski went down with the shoulder, and Packers nation KNEW he was all we had in the QB meetings.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two years ago a probable Bears playoff team at 7-3 came undone when Jay Cutler went down for the final 6 games of that season. They won only once during that stretch. But it did get Chicago more seriously addressing their back-up situation the following offseason.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings with Favre playing awful his last season. The Texans this season with Schaub getting so much worse.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Vikings with Favre playing awful his last season.
You beat me to it.
It's weird how everything went wrong for Farve and the Vikings.
To recap.
INT in Newalins. You know. The game that wasn't Detroit. LOL
Sexting scandal.
Metrodump roof collapse.
Favre has a really bad season and this time loses both times to the Packers.
Goes out with a whimper when he gets hurt showing that the Iron Man has indeed rusted.

So cheer up Packers fans. It could have been worse. A lot, lot worse.
I mean, what did our team do after a playoff loss where the officials yet again screwed them again?
(Missed face mask call against the Cards. on Air-Run)
Did we fail the next season as Favre and the Vikes did?
Nope. We came back and won it all baby! Won it all.
And since then the Vikes are still being, well, the Vikes.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean, what did our team do after a playoff loss where the officials yet again screwed them again?
(Missed face mask call against the Cards. on Air-Run)

When I talk to people about that game, I seem to be the only one that recalls how poor the officiating was in that game. Missing that call in overtime, where Rodgers had is head forcefully yanked down was ridiculous. There was also the ridiculous Fitzgerald diving TD catch that the only reason he was able to make was because grabbed the defenders by his jersey and pulled him to the ground so he could get open, there was also the...

Oh never mind, what's the point. :)

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two years ago a probable Bears playoff team at 7-3 came undone when Jay Cutler went down for the final 6 games of that season. They won only once during that stretch. But it did get Chicago more seriously addressing their back-up situation the following offseason.

Living in Chicago, I've made that comparison (the 2011 Bears to the 2013 Packers). The Bears were cruising along, their starting quarterback goes down and the backup is horrible. The ineptitude of Caleb Hanie led to the Bears investing in backup quarterbacks like Jason Campbell and Josh McCown. Maybe the Packers, similarly to the Bears, will learn from their mistake and sign a reliable backup.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts