Has it sunk in yet?

irishpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dublin, Ireland, E.U., Earth, Milky Way, Universe,
I was checking nfl.com to see what the latest was in the offseason (which is very quiet btw!) and it hit me.... no more Favre. I hadn't really though about it since he retired, I just kinda said, well it was going to happen at some stage. But it just hit me that the one reason I fell in love with american football, and the one reason I chose the green bay packers as a team to support, was because of Brett Favre, his attitude, his skill and his presence on the field, the ridiculous cult that surrounded his name, everything he represented....

He's gone. Football will never be the same for me again. :(

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it will fully hit me until the season starts. As much as I like Aaron, I still hope that Favre calls off his retirement and agrees for one more season, his grand finale. It's just sad he's retiring, the greatest QB of all time, with only one Ring.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it will fully hit me until the season starts. As much as I like Aaron, I still hope that Favre calls off his retirement and agrees for one more season, his grand finale. It's just sad he's retiring, the greatest QB of all time, with only one Ring.
I have mixed emotions on that.......part of me wants one more go around, the other part says he made his decision, and the team is now in full speed ahead with Rodgers at the helm.
I don't think it would benefit the Packers for him to unretire now. I think it would hurt the team.
Just my opinion of course.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
I have mixed emotions on that.......part of me wants one more go around, the other part says he made his decision, and the team is now in full speed ahead with Rodgers at the helm.
I don't think it would benefit the Packers for him to unretire now. I think it would hurt the team.

Well, the thing that scares me if he unretires is if Aaron asks to be traded. We all know Favre can play for at least 2-3 more seasons. Aaron can't ride the bench forever.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Zombieslayer said:

Well, the thing that scares me if he unretires is if Aaron asks to be traded. We all know Favre can play for at least 2-3 more seasons. Aaron can't ride the bench forever.
I think thats what would happen. Rodgers has been told he's the man now, and to yank that out from under him now would not be good.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It will sink in after our first loss when people post 15 threads about how we woulda won if favre was playing.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still numb about this. I guess for me it will sink in at the first game when he's not on the field too.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel like Captain Kirk on "Star Trek".
We are about to "Boldly go where no man has gone before".
I myself have come to grips with Favre not being here anymore.......we are going into uncharted territory.
Will it be like the 1970's and 80's? Or like the 1990's?
No one knows. So it could be great, lousy, or Lions.......i mean, mediocre. (Same thing) :lol:

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
It will sink in after our first loss when people post 15 threads about how we woulda won if favre was playing.

Heh heh, oh man, I'm certainly not looking forward to this, whether it's true or not.

Gaaah!

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's gone we have to deal with it.

If the internet was around when Bart Starr retired we would have had the same type of threads then.

We have to move on.

The Packers are still here and so am I.

G-Force

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never get tired of talking about Brett. He is the reason I started watching football and he is the reason I fell in love with the game.

It hasn't fully hit me yet, either. I've accepted it, but it hasn't really hit me yet. I suppose it will once the season starts and he isn't there. That's when it will all sink in for me, I'm sure. I'm going to miss him.

~Mike

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
G-Force said:
I'll never get tired of talking about Brett. He is the reason I started watching football and he is the reason I fell in love with the game.

It hasn't fully hit me yet, either. I've accepted it, but it hasn't really hit me yet. I suppose it will once the season starts and he isn't there. That's when it will all sink in for me, I'm sure. I'm going to miss him.

~Mike
Welcome to the forum!

Latest posts