1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hartland baseball figurines question

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Terre Haute Cheesehead, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Terre Haute Cheesehead

Terre Haute Cheesehead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -0
    Packer Fan Since:
    I still have a baseball figurine of Henry Aaron {manufactured by Hartland} that was given to me as a birthday gift back in either '57 or '58. The figurine does not have a mark on it and is in mint condition EXCEPT that it is missing the original bat which was accidentally broken back in the '70's. Probably around 15 years ago, I was able to locate an elderly gentleman living in Milwaukee who once worked for Hartland. He sent me a replacement bat which to my recollection, does not appear to be the same color as the original, but I'm not exactly sure because the broken bat had been removed so long ago. I seem to remember the original bat as being cream colored and this bat is more orange colored, but again, I'm uncertain about that. Does anyone recall these figurines or possibly have this particular one of Henry Aaron that would indicate the exact color of the original bat? I realize that not having the original bat strongly depreciates the value of it and I did not permanently attach the replacement bat in hope that I can obtain the correct one. I may have to contact Hartland to ask that if I could send the figurine to them if they could insert with hot glue an original bat into the hole between the hands. It's a shame the bat was broken, but accidents happen. Could anyone please give me any advice on this matter? Thanks much!