Harrison's mocking isn't so funny

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Using the pulpit he had on media day Tuesday at Cowboys Stadium, Harrison mocked Goodell at every turn. It was clear that was his intention from the start. He brushed off questions about making the greatest play in Super Bowl history when he returned an interception 100 yards for a touchdown to help the Steelers beat the Arizona Cardinals in Super Bowl XLIII. "I don't really remember too much about it." Asked whether he's watched the replay on television, he said, "I don't really watch sports. I watch cartoons." Asked whether the play changed his life, he said, "It didn't change my life at all. It changed the outcome of the game, but that's really about it."

No, Harrison couldn't wait to get to the Goodell questions. He didn't have to wait long and went after the commissioner with the same ferocity he's expected to go after Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers in Super Bowl XLV on Sunday night. He talked of the league looking for "a poster boy" for its crackdown on helmet hits earlier in the season, and "they just chose me because I was the most visible player." He said every decision the league makes is based on "whatever makes them more money." He said his trip to Goodell's office in New York in November for a meeting of the minds was "a waste of time. Nothing was really accomplished."

It was funny for a while, and you can argue that Goodell deserves all the scorn coming his way from the Steelers. The commissioner isn't popular with anyone in the organization after he unconscionably blindsided quarterback Ben Roethlisberger by telling Sports Illustrated.com before the playoffs that "not a single player" came to Roethlisberger's defense during the NFL's investigation into a ****** assault allegation against him in March in Milledgeville, Ga. The story was released this week, the worst possible time for the Steelers.

But Harrison went too far. His points would have had more validity if he didn't sound like such a fool with a few of his other comments. The most galling showed his cavalier disregard for the seriousness of head injuries in the NFL.

I don't like this guy, and I think I'm going to like him even less during and after the game.

The cartoon thing though...didn't see that coming. I have to admit it made me smile.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
He's the epitome of a dirty player. He can complain all he wants about the fines, but the guy had so many helmet to helmet hits that all together could even rattle Big Dumb Ben's Brains a little. I respect Pitt for their record, but between Harrison, Ward, and Polamalu, there's more dirt on that team than in Detroit City

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thought his comments were funny. Frankly I'm not a big fan of Harrison or Goodell and to see the two of them getting into a pissing contest is comical. So far Harrison has the lead on the two in the public, even if Goodell has the lead in the pocketbook

Members online

Latest posts