Harris Gets His Extension

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted hasn't shown alot of emotion no matter what the situation has been. He doesn't jump for joy when a deal gets done, or fall apart when a player screams that he wants out. Seems to me he's a very level headed guy. I like that.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted hasn't shown alot of emotion no matter what the situation has been. He doesn't jump for joy when a deal gets done, or fall apart when a player screams that he wants out. Seems to me he's a very level headed guy. I like that.

I like it too.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packernews.com:
"Cornerback Al Harris' new contract with the Green Bay Packers includes up to $3.5 million in weekly roster bonuses spread over the next three seasons plus an extra $500,000 in earlier bonuses this year, according to a source with access to NFL salary figures.

Harris, who had two years added to the three years remaining on his contract, was scheduled to make a $500,000 roster bonus this year on the first day of the league year. That bonus was increased to $750,000 plus another $250,000 roster bonus after final cuts in training camp. So, that's an extra $500,000 on top of the $2.7 million he was to make in salary and roster bonuses this year.

Then, Harris will make $68,750 in bonuses every week he's on the 45-man game-day roster, which can make him another $1.1 million this season if he's active all 16 games.

In 2008 and 2009, those weekly roster bonuses for being on the 45-man game-day roster can make him up to $1.2 million each season ($75,000 per game), on top of his base salaries of $2.85 million in 2008 and $3 million in 2009.

In total, the deal adds a possible $4 million for the last three years remaining on Harris' original deal.

The sides added two more years to the contract with base salaries of $2.5 million in 2010, when Harris will be 35, and $1.75 million in 2011. Also, for each of those years, his bonuses for being on the 45-man game-day roster each week can earn him up to another $1 million ($62,500 a game).

Harris also has a $200,000 Pro Bowl incentive each year."h year.

Members online

Latest posts