Harris and kampman

OP
OP
O

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
is clay filling in for kampman?
who knows about this bell guy going in for harris?

bruwcruw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones looked good against Dallas. Watch for Capers to send Woodson on more corner blitzes than normal. Who's returning punts and kicks? McCarthy said, Woodson, Tramon, or Nelson. I'd like to see Nelson back there again rather than a CB, Pack can't afford to loose another corner. Besides, against niners Tramon just let the ball bounce anyways.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting move by the Pack was upgrading Trevor Ford to the active roster. He plays corner/DB but I haven't paid any attention to him during the preseason, is he any good?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another interesting move by the Pack was upgrading Trevor Ford to the active roster. He plays corner/DB but I haven't paid any attention to him during the preseason, is he any good?
He's big and physical, but he's no good. Remember the Titans game? Remember that one of our corners was getting burned by a Titans receiver and Vince Young? For 2 TDs? It was Ford...

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's big and physical, but he's no good. Remember the Titans game? Remember that one of our corners was getting burned by a Titans receiver and Vince Young? For 2 TDs? It was Ford...
He should decent against Daunte and Northcutt.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pardon the language...F*&***!!!!!

Jluk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kampman out makes it more appealing for a base 4-3 def to grab him for cheap. hes a UFA right?

great year for the Packers!!

Falcons Fan Jluk

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
kampman out makes it more appealing for a base 4-3 def to grab him for cheap. hes a UFA right?

great year for the Packers!!

Falcons Fan Jluk
Welcome to the forum Falcons fan!

The Packers are in a dilema. Atary Bigby and Nick Collins, both safeties, plus Johnny Jolly and Ryan Pickett, both DLinemen, and the whole interior OL will be UFAs... Though no one of the OL will probably deserve any consideration of a franchise tag, the Packers, if there's no Uncapped year, are in a though spot. If they can't work everybody's contracts, I doubt they'll lose one of them in favor of Franchising a guy that'll still be hurt by then, will be 30 and has been good at best as an OLB, definitely not a difference maker.

Other teams will also be careful in signing him, as he'll be coming from two seasons under 10 sacks, and will still require a period of recuperation to be in full shape. And with the age he'll have, he'll be a question mark.

I think if he wants back, he'll be back. But I don't think we'll see him wearing the 74 Green and Gold again, which is a shame. He's one hell of a player and human being.

Jluk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you are right. i know you probably heard this every year but i think it holds true for this year is that we will probably see quiet a bit of underclassmen declaring for 2010.

even with that in mind Kampman has not been playing in his "comfort" zone IMO. i know he isnt happy with the base 3-4 and rather play for a 4-3. my only concern is that hes a mid-western all his life and may stay with packers or some where close heh.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that Kampman is out of his comfort zone, but I hope he can get use to it because he is a hell of a player and will be truly missed in Green Bay.

OP
OP
O

own3dhs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope he does something and works it out in greenbay. would love for him to stay, but would love to see him execute 3-4 better.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i hope he does something and works it out in greenbay. would love for him to stay, but would love to see him execute 3-4 better.

I'm pretty sure he would like to be back but it's the defense that won't really adjust to him. Capers implemented a few 4 base 4-3 plays during a few games so Kampman could have his hand to the ground. Unfortunately we gave up too many solid plays doing that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts