Harlan, Wolf, Butler Nominated For 2008 Hall Of Fame

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brennan 1884 :I believe the Chicago Bears have the most Hall of famers 24 and Green Bay is second with 21. I don't know how many HOFers Pittsburgh has.

But I believe the Players and Coaches are voted on and make the Pro Football Hall of fame by individuals and their accomplishments in NFL not by the teams they played on.

There 21 are Packers who spent most or all the careers with the Packers, who are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame.. There are a few players who are in Pro Football Hall of Fame
who were with Green Bay for a very short time, usually in last year or last few years with the Packer, such as Len Ford (spent many years with the Browns) who spent 1 yr with GB and Emlen Tunnell (spent many years with the Giants) who spent his last three years with GB.

Only those 21 Packers who were with the Packers for most and all of their career are listed up on top of Lambeau Field under Hall of Famers, not Ford or Tunnell.

There is one exception- Reggie White who spent who spent 6 years with GB but was one of "The" reasons for the success of the Packers from 1993 to 1998 and getting the Packer to Super Bowl in 1996 and 1997. White also played in AFL, and many years(at least 8 yrs) with the Eagles and his final year with Panthers.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
White played in the USFL not the afl

White always said he was going to go in as a Packer, but that isnt true. Players just get inducted, but not as a "team member"

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LeRoy Butler has a good shot at making it in the Hall. In his career, he played 181 games, all with Green Bay. He played in 4 Pro Bowls and was All Pro five times. He was selected in the 1990s NFL All-Decade team too.

He finished his career with 38 INTs, 12 fumble recoveries, and 3 defensive TDs. He's also the first DB in NFL history to be in the 20/20 club (20 INTs, 20 sacks). LeRoy Butler has 20 1/2.

Unfortunately, he suffered a shoulder injury in '01 and was unable to return in the '02 season.

A lot of people don't know this, but it was Butler who invented the Lambeau Leap. It was Robert Brooks who popularized it.

I couldn't tell you about Wolf or Harlan. I have no idea how they vote non-players in.

Members online

Latest posts