'Hard Knocks' Packers?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy said NFL Films executive Steve Sabol approached him last spring about allowing total access during training camp for the HBO series, "Hard Knocks."

McCarthy said he thought about it but he and general manager Ted Thompson agreed it wouldn't be good for a young football team like the Packers. NFL Films chose Kansas City for its third season of the documentary.

Asked what the benefit would be to having cameras capturing every move you make for six weeks, McCarthy said with a chuckle, "It fits my personality. I love the camera. But it's positive coverage for your team. People have done it in the past and it's been a positive experience."

Edwards said he did not enjoy having cameras around when he had to inform players they were being released, and McCarthy said that would be his biggest objection.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad McCarthy declined. We don't need that kind of distraction. Imagine what Lombardi would say if asked?

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i would loved to have watched it had the packers been chosen, but i agree that for such a young team, overexposure can be a really bad thing.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
i would loved to have watched it had the packers been chosen, but i agree that for such a young team, overexposure can be a really bad thing.

Yeah, it would have been cool for us fans to get a glimpse behind the scenes, but I agree that it may not have been an ideal situation for this particular squad.

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad McCarthy declined. We don't need that kind of distraction. Imagine what Lombardi would say if asked?

GET THAT CRAP OFF MY FIELD!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

or maybe just a simple

****!

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard Knocks is a great show. I think the Packers should of done it. I'd like to see them do it next year.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MidwestFavreFan said:

GET THAT CRAP OFF MY FIELD!!

or maybe just a simple

****!

He was from Jersey, you know!

He's buried two minutes from where I'm posting from now!

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard Knocks is a great show. I think the Packers should of done it. I'd like to see them do it next year.

i agree , i think nfl films would make it classy and tie in the city, it would be cool to see the players personalities for who they relly are and what not....i think its pretty cool

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:

i agree , i think nfl films would make it classy and tie in the city, it would be cool to see the players personalities for who they relly are and what not....i think its pretty cool

I plan on doing a Chiefs franchise in Madden because of that show. You really get a feel for the players when you watch it. Makes them seem more human and less superman.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
brennan1884 said:
porky88 said:

I plan on doing a Chiefs franchise in Madden because of that show. You really get a feel for the players when you watch it. Makes them seem more human and less superman.

hey porky im thinkin about gettin madden o8 becuase i just got a new hi def tv, do you have it on xbox360 or ps3 im trun to decide which one to get

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
you have both a xobox360 AND a PS3?

Spoiled brat!

(also, I hear the maddens on next gen aren't really next gen and are nothing special except better graphics and like...1 more mode or something, so whichever system you prefer i'd go with)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
[
(also, I hear the maddens on next gen aren't really next gen and are nothing special

yeah, you just keep telling yourself that.

I will, because it's true. Maybe when the sports games actually, you know, utilize the next gen capabilities, I'll get one of the systems.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
tromadz said:
[
(also, I hear the maddens on next gen aren't really next gen and are nothing special

I will, because it's true. Maybe when the sports games actually, you know, utilize the next gen capabilities, I'll get one of the systems.

hahaha, yeah . . ooooook buddy. I know what you're saying, they could do more with the PS3 for sure. But I would love for you to compare PS2 madden to PS3 madden in 1080p on my big screen.

No comparison. End of story.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
bozz_2006 said:
tromadz said:
[

hahaha, yeah . . ooooook buddy. I know what you're saying, they could do more with the PS3 for sure. But I would love for you to compare PS2 madden to PS3 madden in 1080p on my big screen.

i just picked up a kuro by pioneer, sickest tv ive ever seen, its worth as much as my car lol

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
bozz_2006 said:
tromadz said:
[

I love the insecure fanboys here. It amuses me.

PS3 Madden 08 - 7.7
Ps2 Madden 08 - 7.9

I'm not saying PS2 is better than 360 or ps3, that's stupid. I'm saying the current wave of games don't utitlize what the new systems can do, and most of the sports games are ports with better graphics and an extra mode or 2.

Don't get so defensive, Nancy.

I'm sure in 2-3 years the ps3 and 360 sports games will be breathtaking in both graphics AND gameplay\presentation.

Till then, No.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:
tromadz said:
bozz_2006 said:
tromadz said:
[

I love the insecure fanboys here. It amuses me.

PS3 Madden 08 - 7.7
Ps2 Madden 08 - 7.9

I'm not saying PS2 is better than 360 or ps3, that's stupid. I'm saying the current wave of games don't utitlize what the new systems can do, and most of the sports games are ports with better graphics and an extra mode or 2.

Don't get so defensive, Nancy.

I'm sure in 2-3 years the ps3 and 360 sports games will be breathtaking in both graphics AND gameplay\presentation.

Till then, No.

guy at best buy basically said right now the xbox 360 is better becasue they spent more time on the games......he mentioned that the ps3 system is way more power and will eventually have better games then the 360, he said the madden on the ps3 this year is slow but next year will be super fast......... lookin forward to playin with the packers in 09' madden barnett will be a beast, favre should be top 4 qb's jennings and jones will be rockets..... and our d should be solid

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
brennan1884 said:
porky88 said:

hey porky im thinkin about gettin madden o8 becuase i just got a new hi def tv, do you have it on xbox360 or ps3 im trun to decide which one to get

I got it for PS3. It's a nice game but I don't think it's as good as I had hoped it would be for the PS3. I like NCAA better actually. If your into online though then 360 is the way to go. XBOX Live is great.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Xbox 360 is better than PS3, right NOW. In a year when game developers learn more and are more finanically capable to push the PS3 hardware, PS3 will take the lead.

I have Madden '07 and Madden '08 for xbox 360. It's a fun game, graphics are awesome. I think my favorite madded to play was probably 96 or something on SNES.

Members online

Latest posts