Happy 80th birthday, Bart!

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a day late, but I want to send out best wishes to my all-time favorite Packer. Although I didn't start following the Packers until the end of his career, Starr was a big reason Green Bay became "my team" while growing up in North Carolina. A true role model and always a class act, Bart remains to this day a great ambassador for the team.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
I'm a day late, but I want to send out best wishes to my all-time favorite Packer. Although I didn't start following the Packers until the end of his career, Starr was a big reason Green Bay became "my team" while growing up in North Carolina. A true role model and always a class act, Bart remains to this day a great ambassador for the team.

Perfectly put! Hard to believe he is 80 years old. Just doesn't seem possible. Remember watching the first Super Bowl then the "Ice Bowl" game just like it happened yesterday. Time certainly does go by very quickly, but leaves us with some wonderful great memories.

A "belated" Happy Birthday to Bart Starr:)

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm proud to say I was a Packers fan through every play of Bart's entire Packers career.
Bart Starr, 17th round draft pick out of Alabama, has always been a special "Packer person"
Happy 80th Bart!:D

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

My boyhood hero. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Bart Starr .

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh silly me.
And I used to think that Joe Montana was the best QB to ever play the game.
That's because I grew up watching Joe Cool but never had the pleasure of watching our Starr.
Now I know better.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I remember watching him on TV. But I was too young at the beginning of his career to take interest. I would say, yes, he was the greatest. He called most of the plays on offense and had a good armand a quick mind. Vince knew what he was doing when he took Bart Starr under his wing. He's also my all time favorite.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO the best QB in NFL history and one of the classiest public people I have ever witnessed.

Members online

Latest posts