Guys, relax...there was a reason why Moss didn't come here

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you guys are watching the draft, Mort was saying that Moss was reluctant on restructuring a deal with Green Bay. He WANTED to go to NE to win a Super Bowl and was willing to restructure with them. TT made the right choice because his contract is a team killer right now.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Allright, so it was Moss's choice. Well, in that case, I hope he and Brady get caught with 10 pounds of weed and a few call girls.

Reaction score
I don't think it has to do with Moss, it's all got to do with TT.

I'm guessing he didn't think Moss was fair value above a certain price, and Moss wasn't willing to drop his price that low.

Live and let live, at least it doesn't hurt us in any way because he was never on the Packers.

On the other hand, I'm so glad NE is not in our division. :D

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I have to believe that if the compensation to the Raiders and Moss was right, he would have been a Packer. Don't get me wrong, I bet Randy wanted to go to NE because of their chace to win a superbowl, but the job of the GM is to convince players that you want that this is the right situation for them.

Reaction score
I don't even think it's that Randy wanted to go to NE.

I think it boils down to Ted wanting Randy to take an X amount of dollars pay cut, and Randy didn't want to do that.

That's when the deal fell through, and Adam Schefter said the Raiders contacted the Pats, so I'm guessing that is the point the Raiders looked to another team.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, bottom line is that Ted didn't get it done. No excuse for that.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

I'm guessing he didn't think Moss was fair value above a certain price, and Moss wasn't willing to drop his price that low.

Live and let live, at least it doesn't hurt us in any way because he was never on the Packers.

He was never on the Packers? Perhaps you should tell the 30 members on this board who have been acting like he has for the last month.

Never count you chickens before they hatch

Reaction score
Yeah but it isn't as if this makes our team worse.... we never had Randy in the first place so it's just got worser as a team.

Honestly, I'm looking at stuff to stay positive, because I was so hoping for this to happen. :(

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but it isn't as if this makes our team worse.... we never had Randy in the first place so it's just got worser as a team.

Honestly, I'm looking at stuff to stay positive, because I was so hoping for this to happen. :(

You are right we didn't get worse, unfortunately we are not getting much better either.

I see SF just landed Darrell Jackson to. At least someone is trying to improve thier team

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Re: Guys, relax...there was a reason why Moss didn't come he

He was never on the Packers? Perhaps you should tell the 30 members on this board who have been acting like he has for the last month.

Never count you chickens before they hatch

Never a Packer. Never count your chickens before they hatch.

Good advice.

I'd also add some advise for those who think its all Ted's fault Moss didn't come to GB. WAKE UP! The Packers are NOT a SB bound team this year and the Patriots are. Who would you want to play for if your main goal was to win a ring?

I love my Packers, but I'm not ignorant enough to believe they have better shot at a SB than the Patriots.

hoos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only positive I see out of this is that Ted is really starting to tighten the noose around his head. The guy clearly doesn't know how to attract talent to GB unless he is one of the only people bidding on it.

Reaction score
I don't even think it's that complicated zero, I just think it boils down to TT not wanting to pay Moss above a certain amount, and Moss didn't want to go that low.

Deal fell through, and then the Raiders called the Pats (like Schefter said).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

I don't even think it's that complicated zero, I just think it boils down to TT not wanting to pay Moss above a certain amount, and Moss didn't want to go that low.

Deal fell through, and then the Raiders called the Pats (like Schefter said).

Schefter said the Packers were the primary deal holder and that Ted didn't want to pay Moss the cash he wanted? I didn't read that in his article.

Reaction score

You are right we didn't get worse, unfortunately we are not getting much better either.

I see SF just landed Darrell Jackson to. At least someone is trying to improve thier team

I think you are making a valid point, we aren't getting a whole lot better at this point.

I've said before that it'll be interesting to compare the 49ers and Packers because they are in similar positions yet adopted two different approaches to the offseason.

As of now, I have to say I think the 49ers are ahead on paper. Luckily, games aren't won on paper (which may not be so lucky once the season starts)...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I'm in agreement the Packers don't seem to have improved much on paper. That's something you can't sugarcoat.

But. Say the 49ers have, but for how long and at what cost? DJ has issues holding onto the ball. He and Hacket (i think it was him) had a helluva lot of drops. And if DJ was such a great pick up for the 49ers, why did the Seahawks (who are in the same division) trade him to them?

What we have to go off now, nothing impressive other than the re-signing of some of our key guys. Harris, Jenkins, Cole etc ... The truth will be found during the season. I'll let every other team win the off season as long as we win the regular/post seasons.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

No zero, Schefter said the Raiders called the Pats.

I'm guessing it was after the deal fell through due to cash, and TT not wanting to pay Moss above X dollars.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Me too. I realize TT is building for long-term, but I just wanted TT to give Favre one last shot at winning the big one before he retires.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Me too. I realize TT is building for long-term, but I just wanted TT to give Favre one last shot at winning the big one before he retires.

When I read long-term I suddenly thought we should have drafted Quinn and traded Rodgers to the Raiders for Moss. I liked that idea.

I was thinking we'd be a playoff team this year in the hopes that ted would have signed a starter out of free agency but it looks like my theory/hopes were wrong.

I'm still hopeful though. Just didn't go down the way I predicted a year ago. BIG SURPRISE! lol

Reaction score
Interesting point about Quinn zero.

I was thinking if TT would consider quinn, because of the old saying you never pass up a franchise QB.

I was wondering what TT would do if he thought Quinn was a franchise QB.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Interesting point about Quinn zero.

I was thinking if TT would consider quinn, because of the old saying you never pass up a franchise QB.

I was wondering what TT would do if he thought Quinn was a franchise QB.

Although, I forgot to mention this. If Brett wouldn't committ to the year after this, then I wouldn't do that pick/trade at all. But if Brett said 'yes im playing this year an next year' I'd have taken Quinn and traded Rodgers to the highest bidder.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm guessing there were lots of reasons Moss didn't come to the Packers.

Probably the same ones nobody else came to the Packers this offseason.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts