Guess what...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers lead the NFL in sacks halfway through the season. Pretty impressive for a team that has been losing players left and right.

Reaction score
I saw that! Every time we get a sack, it's a different player. One time it's Brad Jones or Hawk, and then the next sack is Walden, Mike Neal, or Mike Daniels. It's crazy!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Perry I'll be curious to see next man up keep the streak going...these seasons that are riddled with injuries are ******* the stress level but man does it build depth the quickest way possible.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without Perry I'll be curious to see next man up keep the streak going...these seasons that are riddled with injuries are ******* the stress level but man does it build depth the quickest way possible.
Not sure Perry, even though he has 2 sacks, will be that big of a loss. I like the way Walden is playing and Moses has been showing more and more. Walden was already getting more playing time than Perry. I don't think we will lose much effectiveness.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this credit go to capers?

He has been getting pretty hammered on the forum the past year or so

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does this credit go to capers?

He has been getting pretty hammered on the forum the past year or so

Nope. The third down defense still sucks and we are still making pedestrian qb's look all pro with vanilla zone coverages. I give credit to the guys on the field for their efforts. This is the deepest we have been at corner in a long time but he is still scared to play more man to man.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Walden has really stepped up his game - after his rookie season, I/we were hoping to see that last season but better late than never. IMO even though Perry has one more sack, Walden has been better at appying pressure on QBs than Perry but Perry plays the run better and is incredibly strong.

13 Packers have recorded sacks so far this season, almost one-third from one player. In all, 17 have been recorded by LBs, 8.5 by DLs, and 2.5 by DBs. Here's the list from the Packers' website:

9.0 - Clay Matthews

2.5 - CJ Wilson

2.0 - DJ Smith
2.0 - Nick Perry
2.0 - Mike Daniels
2.0 - Mike Neal
2.0 - Jerel Worthy

1.5 - Charles Woodson

1.0 - Eric Walden
1.0 - Brad Jones
1.0 - AJ Hawk
1.0 - Dezman Moses
1.0 - Morgan Burnett

Unfortunately opponents have recorded 29 sacks but that's for another thread.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have sack depth, nice! Our D has been our saving grace this year. Even with the injuries they have managed to get the job done and win games for us.

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noticeably absent from that list is B.J. Raji. Though he's been hurt, he's played in enough games that he should have registered at least one sack by now - especially since he played in the Bears game where everyone was sacking Quitler!

My biggest takeaway from the list is that the infusion of young talent has paid off. Perry, Daniels, Worthy, and Neal all have 2 sacks. They will only get better as they get seasoned.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Noticeably absent from that list is B.J. Raji. Though he's been hurt, he's played in enough games that he should have registered at least one sack by now - especially since he played in the Bears game where everyone was sacking Quitler!

My biggest takeaway from the list is that the infusion of young talent has paid off. Perry, Daniels, Worthy, and Neal all have 2 sacks. They will only get better as they get seasoned.

Perry's seasoning for this season is over. :(

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the Packers are substantially down in takeaways, and (if they had started all of their starters last year in the last game) have given up approximately the same points per game. And I think the difference is due in some part to the type of teams played so far this year versus last over some major improvement in talent. The Packers are playing more pedestrian offenses this year that have a habit of turning the ball over less but not making as many big plays. More pressure and less takeaways is fully what I expected when examining the the 2012 schedule circa June. In all, the D is about on par with last year all things considered. It was fair last year, and it is fair this year maybe moving from low end fair to high end fair, about 13th to 10th taking into account the elements that truly matter.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts