Grossman Bashing:

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sucked!
No excuses.... he just gagged in the biggest game of his life.
After passing on even trying to sign Drew Brees they died by sticking with Grossman and that is all there is to it.

You can not let the any team, especially the Colts, have the ball that long and expect to win.
They had their chance in the 4th quarter when they were down by 5 and Grossman just killed them. Bad play calling and even worse QB play.
They are still a young team, play in a weaker conference and the teams in their division are not very good. Even with Grossman back again there is no reason that they should not be in the playoffs again next year.

I want a real QB competition in 2007 and would not mind seeing Matt Schaub involved in it. Paying Brian Griese that much money too just hold a clip board while Grossman plays Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Run and Hyde is not acceptable for me.

This game sucks for me but it is still better than being 4-12 or 8-8 with a poor defense, a 37 year old QB and a middle of the pack draft pick coming up.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
lol i like how you tailed that post off ;)

I have to agree about Grossman. I (before I seen him play extensively) felt he was a major upgrade over Orton and felt last season if they had a better QB they'd be a threat for the SB. I suppose this makes me a hypocrite here, but I think they must get rid of Grossman if they are to win a SB.

The Bears' Achilles heel finally cost them Sunday night in Super Bowl XLI. Their weak link was exposed and left bare for all to see.

Guess which Rex Grossman showed up for the game? Here's a hint: It wasn't the Good Rex. It was the Rex who wasn't anywhere near good enough to win a game of this magnitude.

I've been ******* Grossman in the past month, mostly because the Bears haven't been winning because of their fourth-year quarterback, they've been winning in spite of him. After a week of defending their quarterback and his inconsistent ways, the Bears organization saw nothing in Grossman's performance to rally around.

Grossman started decently, but he was never sharp. He had 23 yards passing after the first quarter, 32 at the half, and 55 through three quarters. He finished with 165 yards passing, but he had two costly interceptions, two fumbles (one lost), and missed some open receivers on passes that could have really helped an offense that some how remained in the game until early in the fourth quarter.

Grossman didn't lose the game all by himself. Not even close. The Bears defense gave plenty of ground, although it stiffened against Indy in the red zone. But Grossman came up about as small Sunday as all of his critics expected, and he missed an opportunity to strike a blow against those who have questioned his play repeatedly this year.

OK, the ball was wet. But Grossman dropped two snaps that hit him squarely in the hands, and for good measure he tripped over his own feet to take a big sack on the Bears' first possession of the third quarter.

Why is it whenever I watch Grossman play quarterback, I hear the music from The Benny Hill Show in my head?

And one last point: What was with Grossman's rather relaxed level of effort after throwing that crushing interception to Colts cornerback Kelvin Hayden, who returned it 56 yards for a touchdown early in the fourth quarter? With the game in essence on the line, TV cameras showed Grossman basically sauntering after Hayden, with no real urgency to make what could have been a touchdown-saving tackle.

Said it two weeks ago, and I'll repeat it now: Grossman will go down in history alongside Tony Eason and David Woodley as the worst starting quarterbacks in Super Bowl history. He actually had a chance to make a difference for the Bears on Sunday, but he didn't have the game to match the moment.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He sucked!
After passing on even trying to sign Drew Brees they died by sticking with Grossman and that is all there is to it.

You can not let the any team, especially the Colts, have the ball that long and expect to win.
They had their chance in the 4th quarter when they were down by 5 and Grossman just killed them. Bad play calling and even worse QB play.
They are still a young team, play in a weaker conference and the teams in their division are not very good. Even with Grossman back again there is no reason that they should not be in the playoffs again next year.

I want a real QB competition in 2007 and would not mind seeing Matt Schaub involved in it. Paying Brian Griese that much money too just hold a clip board while Grossman plays Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Run and Hyde is not acceptable for me.

This game sucks for me but it is still better than being 4-12 or 8-8 with a poor defense, a 37 year old QB and a middle of the pack draft pick coming up.

Come on Phil, admit it. it's not that hard. You're in denial.

Take the Bears and add that 37 year old QB and you have an SB winning team. You know it too. Favre would have thrown for 300 yards against that defense and Lovie Smith would have been the one making the speech.

Favre moves the chains. Moving the chains keeps Mr. Manning off the field. There was no excuse to lose that game with 3 takeaways and a kickoff returned for a TD, other than your QB botched it. Geez, you'd probably be better off with a certain 43 year old QB.

Edit - bad typos

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
He sucked!

Take the Bears and add that 37 year old QB and you have an SB winning team. You know it too. Favre would have thrown for 300 yards against that defense and Lovie Smith would have been the one making the speech.

Favre moves the chains. Moving the chains keeps Mr. Manning off the field. There was no excuse to lose that game with 3 takeaways and a kickoff returned for a TD, other than your QB botched it. Geez, you'd probably be better off with a certain 43 year old QB.

Edit - bad typos

Are you asking me would the Bears have won tonight with Favre at QB?
I certainly think so but that is just supposing now isn’t it?
I have never said that Grossman is a better QB than Favre. That is just stupid.
I don't see this as last chance at glory for the Bears where Favre has gone to all the Super Bowls that he is ever going to see. That is not smack, just reality. The Bears are young and have a **** load of talent and they are still a better team than anyone in their division.
There is no guarantee that they get back to the Super Bowl in 2007 but their chances are as good as or better than any other team in the NFC.
Even when they played like crap against a very good team they still could have won this game. They fell short tonight and I doubt that they will suddenly go 6-10 in 2007.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:
He sucked!

Edit - bad typos

I don't see this as last chance at glory for the Bears where Favre has gone to all the Super Bowls that he is ever going to see. That is not smack, just reality. The Bears are young and have a **** load of talent and they are still a better team than anyone in their division.
There is no guarantee that they get back to the Super Bowl in 2007 but their chances are as good as or better than any other team in the NFC.
Even when they played like crap against a very good team they still could have won this game. They fell short tonight and I doubt that they will suddenly go 6-10 in 2007.

Only 1 thing to say ---> PACKERS WILL BEAT THE BEARS TWICE NEXT SEASON

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mmmh, I like how everyone is bashing Grossman in here.
BUT
I don't think HE lost SB XLI. His average play just added to the
fact, that the MONSTERSOFMIDWAY 2.0beta just couldn't stop the
run and the short swing pass. THAT'S what killed the Bears.

No question that Grossman collapsed when he had to throw deep during the fourth quarter
BUT
that sounds like a lot of QBs in this league.

Maybe I know some future HOF QB who might as well, ääh, ....
:)

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Either way, I enjoyed watching the bears get the run shoved down their throats and on top of that it has been declared and proven that Grossman sucks.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with Phil..

The Bears are an ok team with a horror at QB!

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bears have a good d-line but the colts made sure they got their o-line off the field,wich wasnt hard grossman was just gross he could not manage anything he ran like a scared rabbit it cost them the game if they had favre or some one like him they would have won they may make it into the playoffs next year but if they keep grossman as q,b, they will fall short.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How many Center to QB exchanges were effed up last night?

It seems like ol' bumble**** Grossman was tripping over his own clod-hoppers all night...embarassing!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt even hear Urlackers name being called last night alot,,,but again "one" man cannot win a game..Grossman was just that "Gross"...but you have to remember to, this QB is so young in years ahead he will hope to only get better, just to bad for him last night he fell apart. But to compare him to Favre, you just can't do it, Favre gives you a chance to win, Grossman is nowhere near the QB Favre is, not yet anyways.

I kept thinking last night, Why didnt the Bears put in another QB? Take Grossman out of the game it couldnt have been any worse. You may only get to the SuperBowl once in a lifetime you do all you can to win when you are there...IMO that is..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
Philtration said:
He sucked!

Edit - bad typos

Phil - yes, it is supposing. I said it last night in anger because Grossman lost me a lot of money, and now it's just going to be another notch in the Manning vs Favre debate (I do a lot of business travelling and have to deal with this crap).

My argument had nothing against the Bears being bad in '07. You should have been SB champions. That's my whole point. You have one weak link that killed you, and that is Rex Grossman.

Other people would say that the Bears D weren't stopping the Colts offense. I say that's rubbish. 3 Takeaways. That's good. Three takeaways and one KO return for a TD should have been enough to win any game. That spells success in two parts of the equation, but your O failed you. It wasn't your rushing game, which had a 5.8 average (and not enough carries).

The Colts offense was moving because the Bear D was tired. They were on the field the whole game. Grossman couldn't move the chains. He looked like a rookie in his very first game out there, not like a QB leading a championship team. Everyone knows that the way to beat the Colts is to keep the Colts O off the field.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didnt even hear Urlackers name being called last night alot,,,but again "one" man cannot win a game..Grossman was just that "Gross"...but you have to remember to, this QB is so young in years ahead he will hope to only get better, just to bad for him last night he fell apart. But to compare him to Favre, you just can't do it, Favre gives you a chance to win, Grossman is nowhere near the QB Favre is, not yet anyways.

I kept thinking last night, Why didnt the Bears put in another QB? Take Grossman out of the game it couldnt have been any worse. You may only get to the SuperBowl once in a lifetime you do all you can to win when you are there...IMO that is..

Heh. I was screaming for Griese half the game. Why does Lovie Smith care so much about Grossman's feelings? You need to win the game, and Griese would have given the Bears a better shot.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I agree with Phil..

The Bears are an ok team with a horror at QB!

I think "ok team" is a huge understatement. The Bears are the best team in the NFL if they just had an average, reliable QB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil said:"I don't see this as last chance at glory for the Bears where Favre has gone to all the Super Bowls that he is ever going to see. That is not smack, just reality."
Phil the fortune teller.
Don't quit your day job. You did OK up till yesterday, till the wheels fell off the Bears bandwagon. It ISN'T reality that Favre won't get to another SB. Thats wishful thinking on your part. It COULD happen, and MIGHT happen. It might not either, but you can't call it "reality" just because it's your OPINION.
The Bears might not get to another SB either. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I sure wouldn't say "The Bears CAN'T, thats REALITY."
Other then special teams, the Bears did NOTHING to make me think they can return anytime soon to the SB. They were outplayed, and out coached. They were lucky the score was as colse as it was.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1) Packer fans should want the Bears to go with a QB of lesser capabilities.

2) Rex either plays well or poorly. Rarely between the extemes.

3) It is humorous to hear Viking fans belittle him when he had more yards and a better QB rating than the Viking QB's.

Let's not be too rough on the boy.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score

3) It is humorous to hear Viking fans belittle him when he had more yards and a better QB rating than the Viking QB's.

Normally i wouldn't be so rough on him......but a FEW Bears fans were crowing in the last couple weeks because Rex's stats were better then Favre's this past season. It was fun seeing "bad Wrecks" show up for the biggest game of his career.
The guys is an NFL QB, yet can't handle the snap? One time i can see, but more then that is just showing he was in WAY over his helmet! I know.....Bears fans will say "The ball was wet!" Yeah, it was just as wet for Manning, who also had a banged up thumb on his throwing hand.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CaliforniaCheez said:

Normally i wouldn't be so rough on him......but a FEW Bears fans were crowing in the last couple weeks because Rex's stats were better then Favre's this past season. It was fun seeing "bad Wrecks" show up for the biggest game of his career.
The guys is an NFL QB, yet can't handle the snap? One time i can see, but more then that is just showing he was in WAY over his helmet! I know.....Bears fans will say "The ball was wet!" Yeah, it was just as wet for Manning, who also had a banged up thumb on his throwing hand.

The thing about Grossman is he can't handle pressure. He cracks. It's a personality flaw. Joe Montana was cool under pressure, Rex Grossman the opposite.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil said:"I don't see this as last chance at glory for the Bears where Favre has gone to all the Super Bowls that he is ever going to see. That is not smack, just reality."
Phil the fortune teller.
Don't quit your day job. You did OK up till yesterday, till the wheels fell off the Bears bandwagon. It ISN'T reality that Favre won't get to another SB. Thats wishful thinking on your part. It COULD happen, and MIGHT happen. It might not either, but you can't call it "reality" just because it's your OPINION.
The Bears might not get to another SB either. Maybe they will, maybe they won't. I sure wouldn't say "The Bears CAN'T, thats REALITY."
Other then special teams, the Bears did NOTHING to make me think they can return anytime soon to the SB. They were outplayed, and out coached. They were lucky the score was as colse as it was.

Come on man. The Bears losing in the Super Bowl suddenly makes the Packers a better team in 2007?
The Bears and Packers play the virtually same schedule every year.
Why have the Bears gone 24-8 while the Packers have gone 12-20 the last two seasons?
The Bears beat the Jets, Rams, Bills, Saints and Seahawks (twice) by a combined score of 195-78 while the Packers lost every one of those games.
The Bears lost to the Patriots in Foxboro by 4 while the Packers lost to them at home by 35. This is exciting for you?
The Bears losing in the Super Bowl does not put the Packers on the same level as the Bears by a long shot.
Were the 1997 Lions (9-7) a better team than the Packers (13-3) because the Packers lost in the Super Bowl?
The Bears are a better team than the Packers and that is reality.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts