Grossman Bashing:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Yeah.... stat wise Rex did. Big deal! I still would take OLD FAVRE over young Rex. Lets see how Rex does NEXT year, and if you still will be singing his praises.
Comparing a 37 year old QB that doesn't have the supporting cast (like a great D and special teams unit) to back him up and a young kid who does isn't exactly fair either, wouldn't you say?
Peyton Manning had a QB rating of 101! And he threw 31 td's and only 9 int's! AND 4397 yards! Think ol' Rex stacks up against him???
You arn't playing against Favre in the SB next week. Unfortunatly for you, it's Manning!
Guess we will see next Sunday!

Yeah, I guess we will. Rex didnt compare to the great Matt Hasselbeck or the great Drew Brees either, but guess what?
I was trying to make a point! Guess you missed it.
YOU have been saying Grossman was better then Favre this year, and basing it on the stats.
I just was TRYING to show you that stats alone arn't the big issue!
You just helped make my point by bringing up Brees and Hasselbeck!
Now......re-read what i was saying, and maybe you will understand what i was trying to show you.
and THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!!

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
cheesey said:
Yeah.... stat wise Rex did. Big deal! I still would take OLD FAVRE over young Rex. Lets see how Rex does NEXT year, and if you still will be singing his praises.
Comparing a 37 year old QB that doesn't have the supporting cast (like a great D and special teams unit) to back him up and a young kid who does isn't exactly fair either, wouldn't you say?
Peyton Manning had a QB rating of 101! And he threw 31 td's and only 9 int's! AND 4397 yards! Think ol' Rex stacks up against him???
You arn't playing against Favre in the SB next week. Unfortunatly for you, it's Manning!
Guess we will see next Sunday!

Yeah, I guess we will. Rex didnt compare to the great Matt Hasselbeck or the great Drew Brees either, but guess what?
I was trying to make a point! Guess you missed it.
YOU have been saying Grossman was better then Favre this year, and basing it on the stats.
I just was TRYING to show you that stats alone arn't the big issue!
You just helped make my point by bringing up Brees and Hasselbeck!
Now......re-read what i was saying, and maybe you will understand what i was trying to show you.
and THAT IS WHY THEY PLAY THE GAMES!!!

Yeah yeah, I got your point. Let me see if I can word it in proper "Packerspeak"

Here goes:

When Brett throws ints he's "trying to do too much"
When Rex throws ints it's "Rex is a terrible QB'
When Brett has 25th ranked QB statistics its "not enough help or supporting cast"
When Rex has 24th ranked QB statistics its "too inconsistent"
When Brett runs 10 yds past the LOS and forward laterals the ball its "Gunslinger mentality"
When Rex leads his team to the SB, its "Bears have no chance vs. the Colts"

Your point is that you have an excuse for every favre mistake and a slam for every Grossman mistake. It's all a matter of Packerperspective to say that Bretts personal situation, rather than his play on the field which his numbers indicate make him a special case, and therefore still better than the 15-3 Rex Grossman.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't slam Rex. YOU are the one that started this thread. Guess you WANT people to rip Rex.
Or to say how WONDERFUL he is. He's just honestly not that great. He is an average QB on an above average team. He is what he is.
You are trying to compare 2 different situations, that can't be honestly compared truthfully. Like i said, if you do it your way, Manning is MUCH better, and should just be handed the SB trophy without even playing the game. But thats not how it is in reality.
You seem to have an excuse for every Rex mistake, and a slam for every Favre mistake.
Your a Bears fan on a Packer site. Obviously TRYING to rile people up. Quite honestly, i don't care about Rex Grossman other then the fact i have a few of his football cards.
Once the Packers season is over, i don't really care WHO wins or loses the SB.
If the Bears win, so be it. If they don't, i really don't care.
I'm a PACKER fan. I won't cry if the Bears win OR lose. I won't even be excited about the game. I might watch it, as it's the Super Bowl, but other then that i don't really care who wins.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll ask again.

What is the point you are trying to make BearPerspective?

Im comparing the statistics of two QBs in the same division, relating the numbers to the overall repuatations of the player's themselves and pointing out the discrepancy.
You couldnt figure that out?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'll ask again.

Im comparing the statistics of two QBs in the same division, relating the numbers to the overall repuatations of the player's themselves and pointing out the discrepancy.

That doesn't sound like a point, sounds more like a statement to me.

Wasn't that obvoius when I asked a second time? :rubeyes:

In your comparison of the two QB's you fail to mention critical information. QB's can have better statistics, that doesn't mean they are a better QB. Just means they have better stats.

Statswise, Rex had a better year.

Where did each QB start his drives at?
How many times did they get in the redzone?
How many drops did each QB have?
How many INT's were from haily marys?
Did each QB have a deep threat to stretch the field?
etc
etc
etc

Comparing QB's by simply end of season numbers is weak.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
Zero2Cool said:
I'll ask again.

That doesn't sound like a point, sounds more like a statement to me.
Since when can a point not be a statement?

In your comparison of the two QB's you fail to mention critical information. QB's can have better statistics, that doesn't mean they are a better QB. Just means they have better stats.

Using stats to judge players is a fairly common practice outside of Favre-land in case you didnt know...

Statswise, Rex had a better year.

Yes he did. That's why I posted the stats. He also had a better year in terms of wins. He is also in the superbowl.

Where did each QB start his drives at?
How many times did they get in the redzone?
How many drops did each QB have?
How many INT's were from haily marys?
Did each QB have a deep threat to stretch the field?
etc
etc
etc

Comparing QB's by simply end of season numbers is weak.

...so what you're saying is that no matter which statistic I post, there'll be an excuse for Favre. Got it. I actually knew that before I posted, I just wanted to show some numbers and make a point. (or statement if you want to call it that).

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
...so what you're saying is that no matter which statistic I post, there'll be an excuse for Favre. Got it. I actually knew that before I posted, I just wanted to show some numbers and make a point. (or statement if you want to call it that).

Ahh, you don't read my posts about Brett often do you? lol

I'm hardly one to be making excuses for him.

The only point you've made is you are whining about people ******* Rex and wanting Brett back for another year. Shut up, you're in the freakin SB!!! lol jerk! :p

Rex and Brett are in two different worlds. Rex is starting his, Brett is finishing his. What part of that don't you understand?
Let's go further, Griese is better than Rex. Brett is better than Rodgers. Do you get it now?

Let's not forget you are on a PACKERS FORUM!!!!!!!!! What the hell do you expect to see? You think you're gonna see
'truDatPackerfan1265: yo that rex is better than brett, i love my packers, we should trade brett for rex, then we'll have another ring!!!'
... you think you're gonna see that? Get real man. If you don't believe me, how many rational packer fan posters have you seen say they would trade Brett even up for any other QB in the NFL?

Bottom line, Packer fans want to see Rex in a bear's uniform because he keeps the other team in it. Packer fans want to see Brett in a packer's uniform because he's got a massive fan base that he EARNED and gives the Packers the best chance to win games than any QB on the roster.
Brett had his bumps. Rex is going threw them now. Hell if Rex learns how to be a better QB he may ranked up there in the top five QB's in the NFL. Do I think he will? No, but I do think he has the talent to do so.

You want to compare stats of two QB's who are on two completely different teams and are in two completely different aspects of their careers. Why? To make a point that you can't even understand fully yourself!!

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh.

The Griese thing is way overdone. He has been let go of 3 different teams and its not because he's some great QB. If anything, he's a "game manager" type who inherited a SB team in Denver and failed to do anything with it. His play in a backup role this season (including the 2nd pack game) didnt do anything to suggest he is an upgrade. AND he's old and without any upside. Rex on the otherhand is raw, but is (obviously) quite capable as a starter and has tons of talent. Will probably only get better.
Brett may or may not be better than Aaron Rodgers at this stage, but who really knows? The organization is terrified of Brett and the fans' unwavering love of him, so they havent had the balls to play their 1st round pick, even as Favre's skills deteriorate and will continue to do so. In my opinion, the smart play wouldve been to get Rodgers reps about halfway through last season and throughout this season since the team wasnt going anywhere anyway, thereby getting him ready to contend maybe this coming year and the next. Instead, you'll have a young QB with no experience when the rest of the team is primed for a run, and brett is simply incapable of playing. Yeah, maybe Brett's earned that, but Id say it kind of sucks for fans who want to actually contend for a title. Maybe the pack gets to the playoffs next season, but its doubtful they'll do anything.

Anyway, that was a bit of a tangent. Comparing Rex and Brett's stats isnt really any different than comparing any other two QBs stats. They all have their own situations and numbers are generally a good indication of how good a player is. They can be some varyance, but come on dude...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
They all have their own situations and numbers are generally a good indication of how good a player is. They can be some varyance, but come on dude...

Come on what? What the hell do you want me to say? Rex is better than Brett because he had a better stats year? No. No one is that naive to believe Rex is a better QB than Brett even at THIS point of his career.

Brett 3 time mvp, two sb's, many pro bowls
Rex no mvp, no pro bowl, one sb

This was a fun little debate, but you're like a boxer who got knocked down four times in one round who doesn't know when the fight is lost and the ref is too busy starring at the Playboy models to stop the fight.

I will say this about Rex, if he can play anywhere near his top level on a consistent basis, WOW, he will be a wonderful QB for the bears for years to come. Right now he's just a guy who gets hot as fast as he gets cold. You don't want that in your QB position and that's where Brett tops Rex. Brett is more consistent and a better leader. Don't believe me? Read up on how Rex was 'distracted' during the final game of the year.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:
They all have their own situations and numbers are generally a good indication of how good a player is. They can be some varyance, but come on dude...

Come on what? What the hell do you want me to say? Rex is better than Brett because he had a better stats year? No. No one is that naive to believe Rex is a better QB than Brett even at THIS point of his career.
Hey, the numbers are what they are. You just keep hanging on and see how it works out.

Brett 3 time mvp, two sb's, many pro bowls
Rex no mvp, no pro bowl, one sb
Yep, the golden 90's. Weren't they grand?

This was a fun little debate, but you're like a boxer who got knocked down four times in one round who doesn't know when the fight is lost and the ref is too busy starring at the Playboy models to stop the fight.
Right. Any stat you've attempted to crown brett with has been shot down with some ease. You have no numbers, no rationale, no argument. Brett lost this one for you just like so many games over the past two seasons. Sucks huh?

I will say this about Rex, if he can play anywhere near his top level on a consistent basis, WOW, he will be a wonderful QB for the bears for years to come. Right now he's just a guy who gets hot as fast as he gets cold.
Agreed.

You don't want that in your QB position and that's where Brett tops Rex. Brett is more consistent and a better leader. Don't believe me? Read up on how Rex was 'distracted' during the final game of the year.
Yeah yeah, Rex was "distracted" for a meaningless game and Brett spent time addicted to painkillers. We all have our vices, dont we? Brett's leadership is great. **** the franchise, I "earned" this (these) fairwell tours.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Right. Any stat you've attempted to crown brett with has been shot down with some ease. You have no numbers, no rationale, no argument. Brett lost this one for you just like so many games over the past two seasons. Sucks huh?

You haven't shot anything down, you simply avoid it with great ignorance to the criteria.

Rex is not better than Brett.
The Bears are better than the Packers (god that hurts typing that)

For now, that's just how it is.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Face it........you are looking for a fight, and we have no reason to fight. We KNOW Favre is better then Rex. We don't have anything to prove, Favre has proved that himself. Grossman is going to the SB. More because of the team around him then BECAUSE of him.
Thats the truth. Whether you want to admit it or not doesn't make it any less true.
Maybe some day Rex will be a great QB. Right now, his stats say he's the 24th best QB in the NFL out of 32 teams stat wise.
He's going to the SB. Like i said, not so much because of him, because of the team around him.
The Packers finished 8-8, 1-1 against the Bears.
Your team is going to the SB. Pat yourself on the back and go to the Bears site and ENJOY it. It might not happen again for another 20 or 30 years.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys will never get the point and that is the point itself.
This stupid double standard that exists and the people who do not really know the game buying into it.

One minute you claim that Grossman sucks and Favre is God, then you say that Favre is 37 while Rex is a kid so he should be better.
Funny but I thought that starting over 200 straight games would have given Favre the experience nod over Grossman but you don't seem to agree.
If Grossman can out perform Favre while playing in only his first full season then how does that make him poop on Favre's shoes?
Grossman has had some god-awful games this year and still had a better season then Lord Favre. The man that you are begging to come back and are signing worthless petitions for.

Grossman threw 23 TDs, 3,200 yards and had more +100 passer ratings than any QB in the league this year other than Drew Brees and he is the worst QB to ever play in the Super Bowl? I doubt that.
Grossman threw for more yards, more TDs and more +100 passer ratings this season than the great Ben Roethlisberger did last year.
Roethlisberger sucked in the Super Bowl. He threw for 123 yards, zero TDs and 2 INTs.
Favre could not out play Grossman with Donald Driver to throw to and you wet your pants about how he still "has it"
The Bears will lose the Super Bowl and suck next year because Grossman will be the QB yet the Packers will be playoff bound and maybe even go to the Super Bowl because they have Brett Favre? That is dumb.
In 2007 Grossman will have a full season under his belt, playoff experience (winning playoff experience), and maybe even a Super Bowl ring on his finger.
You don’t think that he just might be even better next year?
What will you say if Favre hangs it up? I will Take Grossman, Griese and Orton over Rodgers and Ingle any day and so would any coach in the NFL.

Grossman has out played Peyton Manning in this post season you know.
Maybe the talk should be about the history of playoff chokes for Peyton Manning instead of the never ending Grossman bashing.
:roll:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Grossman has out played Peyton Manning in this post season you know. :roll:

That is true, about Peyton being outplayed by Grossman in the post season.

Maybe the talk should be about the history of playoff chokes for Peyton Manning instead of the never ending Grossman bashing. :roll:

Do you forget where you are posting? This is a Packers forum. Hint: The Bears are a rival of the Packers, the Colts are not.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:

Maybe the talk should be about the history of playoff chokes for Peyton Manning instead of the never ending Grossman bashing. :roll:

Do you forget where you are posting? This is a Packers forum. Hint: The Bears are a rival of the Packers, the Colts are not.

So your comments really have nothing to do with facts and are just more sour grapes whining about the Bears right?
That is just what I thought.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

So your comments really have nothing to do with facts and are just more sour grapes whining about the Bears right?

Who made this thread? Yeah, exactly.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Zero2Cool said:
Philtration said:

Who made this thread? Yeah, exactly.

I cant count how many "Rex sucks" posts Ive read around here. Then there's the whole "Can rex make enough plays" thread just down the list. All the while Favre is constantly felated and given a pass for his play. Forgive me for bringing some logic to the table.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I cant count how many "Rex sucks" posts Ive read around here. Then there's the whole "Can rex make enough plays" thread just down the list. All the while Favre is constantly felated and given a pass for his play. Forgive me for bringing some logic to the table.

Okay, were those by me? No. I've said Rex had a better year stats wise, I just don't feel he is a better QB. That makes me a whiner? Because I feel different about the quality of the two QB's we are discussing?

I can see why Bear fans hang out here instead of at a Bears site. Packer fans are better to be around.

OP
OP
B

BearPerspective

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BearPerspective said:

Okay, were those by me? No. I've said Rex had a better year stats wise, I just don't feel he is a better QB. That makes me a whiner? Because I feel different about the quality of the two QB's we are discussing?

I can see why Bear fans hang out here instead of at a Bears site. Packer fans are better to be around.
I wasnt personally attacking you, just making a general observation and posting statistics in support. If that's being unreasonable I dont know what to say. This is a forum for discussing football around the NFL is it not?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
BearPerspective said:

I wasnt personally attacking you, just making a general observation and posting statistics in support. If that's being unreasonable I dont know what to say. This is a forum for discussing football around the NFL is it not?

Who said you were unreasonable? Not I.

I am not sure why you two keep grouping me with others who do not share the same perception or views as I. Surely its not just because I'm a fan of the Packers, ... is it? You guys aren't that naive to group one thought as the entire thought of an entire fan base, are you?

Even if you were, read my damn posts in this thread! I've given Rex his due as well as Brett.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give it a rest Zero.
Your whole idea of "NFL news" is you *****ing about Tank Johnson, how many no-shows at Soldier Field, will the cable guy get a Super Bowl ticket...
Any thing that you perceive as negative about the Bears is your focus and you will ignore any and all facts to harp on it till no end.

You then end your whining with the old stand by "This is a Packer forum, what did you expect?" routine.
:rotflmao:

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Give it a rest Zero.
Your whole idea of "NFL news" is you *****ing about Tank Johnson, how many no-shows at Soldier Field, will the cable guy get a Super Bowl ticket...
Any thing that you perceive as negative about the Bears is your focus and you will ignore any and all facts to harp on it till no end.

You then end your whining with the old stand by "This is a Packer forum, what did you expect?" routine.
:rotflmao:

I *****ed about Tank?

I laughed about the no shows, not *****ed.

I never *****ed about 'if' any guy would get a SB ticket. I think its sad grown man makes a promise an isn't man enough to keep it. How much would it have set him back to honor his word? Nothing he can't afford. Doesn't bother me, he's a Bears player, not a Packers player. :)

Look at how many facts I posted in this thread alone that have been dodged. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not to mention I've given the Bears their due TIME AND TIME again, yet you forget to mention that.

Come to think about it, nothing you've said is accurate. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Just more more lame attempts to start an argument that fail time after time.

I'll wait for the next fizzled barrage of attempts ...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You mean your facts about Favre's stats from 1996?
As if that has anything at all to do with the topic.

Is that what you mean?
By the way, I comented on your post in the smack are where you had to go back to dig up something from last October.

Want to talk about the Bears losing the title game to the Giants in 1956 too?

You are really stretching man.