Gregg Jennings injury

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Even better news!!! Thanks for that! Really, I don't like that Jennings is injured at all, but I'm just glad if he has to be injured, that is wasn't something much worse. Last year every time a player got injured, the next week we got the news he was in IR. It got to the point where I was actually afraid to turn on my computer. With the recent outbreak of injuries, (Starks, Jennings, Woodson), I was starting to get a bit nervous.

I hear ya kitten lol. My teams love to get hurt. Ugh. But, the football Gods have to be kind here. This HAS to be the biggest scare the team gets before the playoffs. Please!!!!

I figured it must have been around a grade 2 but sometimes it depends also on a players personal threshold of pain and also how fast they heal, some just heal faster then others. And for playoff games sometimes players can often put up with the pain much easier when it's all on the line.

Tracy Porter in 2009 suffered an MCL tear and he ended up coming back within 3 to 4 weeks.

It's actually a blessing this is an MCL and not worse. Other knee injuries could have ended his season.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I was at the gym today and saw the update on Sportscenter that Jennings will only be out 2-3 weeks. I literally did a handspring right there in front of the TV. Thank Goodness.

I also heard the Tori Gurley is going to be activated off the Practice Squad soon. Can anybody confirm or deny this>

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I think we are going to be running the ball A LOT more these last few games. I was very impressed with how well we ran the ball yesterday. Perfect timing for it as well. A lot of people around here were saying our run game sucked or was non-existent and Grant came out and had a great day pounding the rock.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only looking at receivers.

like I said, I think you should probably look at the running game, which I bet improves over the last couple of weeks. Someone like Jordy or James Jones might have a big game and you could chalk it up to them stepping up while Greg Jennings is out but lets not be results oriented, they all big games during the year when jennings was in the game. I think we are going to average more rushing attempts per game over the last weeks than we have all year, thats just my 2 cents.

D

Dan115

like I said, I think you should probably look at the running game, which I bet improves over the last couple of weeks. Someone like Jordy or James Jones might have a big game and you could chalk it up to them stepping up while Greg Jennings is out but lets not be results oriented, they all big games during the year when jennings was in the game. I think we are going to average more rushing attempts per game over the last weeks than we have all year, thats just my 2 cents.

Yes, I believe you are correct The Packers are going to turn more to the running game. I think they were going to do that even before Jennings went down. I would like to see Jones,Finley,Cobb get more receptions. All is good. Just win Baby.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really only associate "franchise" with the QB, but I think it's safe to say Jennings is a franchise WR. I don't think we'll even notice that he's off the field given our ridiculous WR depth chart, but maaan... just sucks to see him injured.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Neal's injury was always considered more serious. And the difference in healing while constantly having to endure the force of Neal's 300 pounds vs the force of Jennings' <200 pounds can't be overstated.

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Last year, the Packers lost a player to season-ending injured reserve every two weeks on average. So, when the news came out that wide receiver Greg Jennings had a sprained knee that would sideline him only two to three weeks, it was almost as if the scales had inched closer to even.

Source: JSOnline.com

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we are going to be running the ball A LOT more these last few games. I was very impressed with how well we ran the ball yesterday. Perfect timing for it as well. A lot of people around here were saying our run game sucked or was non-existent and Grant came out and had a great day pounding the rock.
I hope it continues and gets better.
How do you, or anyone, think the defenses of KC, Bears or Lions stack up against the Packers running game?

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see the mechanism of injury. I thought he was diving forward to get extra yardage. I never saw his knee buckle. Hopefully he just jammed it into the ground and bruised his patella.
It appeared to get twisted when the defender landed on the bottom of his leg and rolled. It kind of rolled the knee as the ankle got shifted. Although it looked painful, it didn't look too awful to me.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see cobb catch a few

I'd also like to see Cobb get some more time with the ball. We've seen what he can do on ST, but I really want to see what he can do as a receiver. I think with the absence of Jennings, guys like these are going to get the ball more to compensate. We already kind of know what we got in Finley and Driver, I'd like to see some guys who don't get the ball as often get their chance to prove themselves.

Members online

Latest posts