Greg Jennings injury

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I keep reading AADP saying something about his hamstring but in every article I've read nothing was mentioned about his hamstring. Mike said nothing about his hamstring.

Where can I find some information on Jennings injury to his hamstring from last night.

Or is AADP jus being a drama queen about the hamstring that has been nagging at Jennings all season?

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From McCarthys press conference today.

(What's Jennings' status?)
Jennings had a shoulder sprain. I think he's going to be fine. I'll probably take caution with his hamstring a lot like I did last week. That's something I'll decide Wednesday once have our Wednesday morning doctor evaluation. But his shoulder, his sprain, he feels pretty good.

http://www.packers.com/news/releases/2007/10/08/2/

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or is AADP jus being a drama queen about the hamstring that has been nagging at Jennings all season?

I think he's just nutty from the potentially career-ending nature of Roger Clemens and his bad hammy.

Kinda hard to confuse an ugly old, white, washed-up, ineffective 2.2 inning starter for a team on the decline with a dashing, young, black, potential-laden dynamo on a team on the rise. But hey, no one ever said you had to be smart to be a Yankees fan. ;) Or a mod, for that matter. :p

Reaction score
I'll ban you all!

But zero, I obviously don't know wtf I'm talking about. :-?

In Winny's thread, I meant to say that Greg got an IV for his hammy (he did, didn't he :-? ) and returned to the game.

I ended up butchering what I meant because I was exhausted when I typed that out and later edited it.

I'm worried more so about Greg's hamstring because it's been more nagging than I am about Greg's shoulder. That ISN'T to say that Greg's shoulder isn't injured, because it is.

Pardon my boo-boo.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
AADP.. I thought as well that they mentioned a IV for cramping as well...

They tied the reference between Wynn and Jennings.. on top of the shoulder. Maybe I was distracted and mis-heard it. Or maybe Madden and Micheals had bad info :thumbsup:

Pack93z

Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I think it'll be best to eventually merge this thread with Winnie's in a few hours. :)

Good god, lock the thread first :lol:

Yee of missing posts :razz:

Reaction score
Yeah I'm wondering what on earth I was thinking/doing then because now I'm all confused about the IV deal. I thought it was Jennings they were talking about getting the IV (in addition to Wynn) but now I think I may have been in another universe and misinterpreted that.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fantasy football site that my league uses finally posted an update about Jennings that referred to him as "fragile." Ugh.. I hate to see that label put on the guy. I think it's a bit early to say that.

But I worry about all of our receivers, actually. We're running them on those short little post routes and such and then making them battle for the extra yards. Jennings and Driver can juke and move but still, those guys are getting pounded a bit. Oh well.. such is life I guess. ;)

Pack93z

Reaction score
I think I should of had another beverage at half time... or turned off Madden completely..

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fantasy football site that my league uses finally posted an update about Jennings that referred to him as "fragile." Ugh.. I hate to see that label put on the guy. I think it's a bit early to say that.

But I worry about all of our receivers, actually. We're running them on those short little post routes and such and then making them battle for the extra yards. Jennings and Driver can juke and move but still, those guys are getting pounded a bit. Oh well.. such is life I guess. ;)

Jennings has proven thus far that he is indeed fragile. Hopefully he breaks that mold soon.

Pack93z

Reaction score

The worst part.. we play the Skins this weekend and their hard hitting pair of safeties.. the Lions wouldn't challenge them inside.

If we make it through that game with all receivers in tact.. I will breathe a sigh of relief.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
scotty said:

The worst part.. we play the Skins this weekend and their hard hitting pair of safeties.. the Lions wouldn't challenge them inside.

If we make it through that game with all receivers in tact.. I will breathe a sigh of relief.

Good point about the Skins, 93. I'd hate to be an NFL receiver who makes his lunch with slant routes, then sit and watch film of Taylor/Landry gettin it done. *shudder*

Maybe we'll see alot more deep fades and sideline routes, or even a few sluggo's (I think that's what it's called: pump on the slant, then a deep go-route?)

Good news is though, we can run now. (at least for a half)

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
I'll ban you all!

But zero, I obviously don't know wtf I'm talking about. :-?

In Winny's thread, I meant to say that Greg got an IV for his hammy (he did, didn't he :-? ) and returned to the game.

I ended up butchering what I meant because I was exhausted when I typed that out and later edited it.

I'm worried more so about Greg's hamstring because it's been more nagging than I am about Greg's shoulder. That ISN'T to say that Greg's shoulder isn't injured, because it is.

Pardon my boo-boo.

Okay good. I thought he had a new hamstring injury that I missed.

ps, dont merge a decent thread with one thats ...

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings has proven thus far that he is indeed fragile. Hopefully he breaks that mold soon.

He's also proven that he is a demi-god. Which proves what he proved to you wrong.

Greg Jennings new nickname is the Paradox.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Jennings OK
Receiver Greg Jennings left Sunday night's game for X-rays on his shoulder, but they were negative so he returned. McCarthy said the shoulder sprain shouldn't keep Jennings out of action, though it's another reason (along with the previous hamstring problem) to limit his practice time during the week.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said today that Jenning's isn't out of the woods. It's the shoulder and hamstring and will be looked at on Friday...... crossing fingers !!!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM said today that Jenning's isn't out of the woods. It's the shoulder and hamstring and will be looked at on Friday...... crossing fingers !!!

efff. I'm sick of injuries, but I don't mind as long as these guys can be available for the playoffs.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw the post practice interview with Greg ( Oct 11th ) and although he did not practice, he seems confident about playing on Sunday.

Sounds like the only thing he seemed a little concerned about was the timing aspect between him and Brett due to not being able to practice on the field.

Hopefully, they will be able to get into stride fast.

All in all, it sounds pretty good !!

Cheers

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Jennings is like Plaxico. He doesn't need to practice cuz he'll score a touchdown anyway.

He's played less than Driver and Jones and he has just as many TD's as they do combined.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be a pessimist but we seem to have more than our share of "fragile" players. But talented. I hope for long and successful careers for Jennings and Jones. Of course, I hope Driver can continue on but age will rear its ugly head all too soon. It won't be easy to replace what Donald does for this team. These young guys have a great teacher to learn from, both in talent and character.

Members online

Latest posts