Green Bay to get Linerie Football League team

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Gilbert Brown as head coach..

LINGERIE FOOTBALL LEAGUE ANNOUNCES 2011 EXPANSION TO THE FROZEN TUNDRA OF GREEN BAY

Lingerie Football League (LFL) officials are excited to announce LFL Football will be coming to Green Bay, Wisconsin in Fall 2011. Green Bay will be joining the already announced Cleveland Crush and Las Vegas Sin, along with one more market for the 2011 expansion teams.

‘It’s simple, when you think of football, you think of Green Bay. There is no better base of passionate football fans anywhere in the country like there is in Green Bay. We are thrilled to name Packers legend, Gilbert Brown, as our head coach and to call the incredible Resch Center our home. LFL Football is fast-becoming a LIVE sports phenomenon and we cannot wait to bring our exciting brand of football to the birthplace of football’, said Mitchell S. Mortaza, Founder & Chairman, Lingerie Football League, LLC.

Starting today, fans can start casting their vote through Friday, January 28th for the LFL Green Bay team name by emailing [email protected]. The name with the most submissions will be chosen and the fan that was the first to submit the winning name will win lifetime season tickets to all home games, as well as host the franchise’s home-opening coin-toss.
The LFL Green Bay team will host at least (2) two home games at Resch Center. ‘LFL football has picked up tremendous momentum since premiering in 2009. We cannot be more thrilled that the league has chosen Green Bay and the Resch Center as its home’, said Ken Wachter, President & CEO of the PMI Entertainment Group.

Green Bay Packers former nose-tackle and Super Bowl XXXI champion Gilbert Brown has been named the team’s head coach and will be formally introduced at a press conference in February. ‘In a short period of time the LFL has built itself into a very respectable and credible football league both on and off the field. Having played eleven great seasons here in Green Bay, I understand the passion of the fans and the desire to win. Our LFL franchise will win and I feel very honored to have been given the opportunity to start a new era of pro football in Green Bay’, said Gilbert Brown.

About the Lingerie Football League:

The LFL is an extension of the hugely popular Super Bowl halftime special called ‘Lingerie Bowl’, which premiered in 2004 and has become a cult-hit at Super Bowl parties worldwide during halftime drawing millions of viewers and seven-figure blue chip advertisers. In 2011, the eighth annual Lingerie Bowl will be played LIVE in Las Vegas opposite Super Bowl XLV’s halftime show on Pay-Per-View in the US.

Due to the success of the previous Lingerie Bowl broadcasts, in Fall 2009, the league extension was launched with (10) franchise teams competing in major US markets. Despite the worst economy since the Great Depression, in 2009 the LFL thrived in its inaugural season drawing several near capacity crowds, was 2nd in primetime television ratings, has garnered record internet traffic, and achieved 2010 expansion into Orlando and Baltimore–as well as profitability.

In 2010, the LFL continued to exceed expectations on and off the field signing a national television license agreement with MTV Networks, drawing sell-out crowds and announcing further plans of expansion into Cleveland, Las Vegas and now Green Bay. The league will be hosting an open-call Football Combine tryout in late February for interested players. Applicants need to be at least 18yrs old and possess athleticism, beauty and confidence. Location TBA.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Damn they'll have to be my second fav team. One of my female friends is on Tampa breeze and I went to visit her and saw one of their games, and let me tell you it was no joke!! These girls can really play. She has practice every week and it's legit. She's on the cover of play boy this moth for the LFL too! ( no nudes sorry lol). If you pick one up she's the brunette on the left. Met the whole team and these girls know how to party too. If your thinking of doin it I say just go for it

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CSchw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw some commercials for this league, it might be an interesting watch during the Super Bowl half-time show. Couldn't be worse than the Black Eyed Peas and all of the sounds problems that occurred.

The fact that it's PPV is a turn-off ... :|

beautifuleyes

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Frankly, I think the LFL is a joke.
I'm not gay or a feminist but I just think it looks ridiculous seeing girls running around in bras and ******* with helmets and shoulder pads with half shirts on just above the bust line.
It's nothing but for someone to make a bunch of cash while exploiting women.

This guy sums it up nicely.

YouTube - Lingerie Football League! Breasts and Football! Is it Legit? - JRSportBrief
Are you a communist?
Girls running around in lingerie and fighting each other is as american as apple pie and chevrolet!

Why don't you like America, sir?

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"I'm not gay or a feminist but I just think it looks ridiculous seeing girls running around in bras and ******* with helmets and shoulder pads with half shirts on just above the bust line."

I agree. I think they should get rid of the shirts.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with you. I think it's stuuuuupid
Yes, that sums up my thoughts quite nicely.

Are you a communist?
Girls running around in lingerie and fighting each other is as american as apple pie and chevrolet!

Why don't you like America, sir?

"I'm not gay or a feminist but I just think it looks ridiculous seeing girls running around in bras and ******* with helmets and shoulder pads with half shirts on just above the bust line."

I agree. I think they should get rid of the shirts.
Ha ha! LOL You guys are fuhny!

I actually am surprised to see that the majority of the reaction of the thread supports this.
I would think that serious Packers fans or fans of football would be against something that borders on making a mockery of football.

I don't think we're supposed to take the girls THAT seriously. How can you? It's all in good fun. But I think there could be a different way to express the fun of football.

To each their own, and this just isn't for me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts