Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

Riley82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After hearing barnett is on the block i think he may go to buffalo or houston.
We will draft some1 to replace him. Any news on donald lee/brandon jackson i know they have been released where will they go.
I told my fellow english fans that barnett will go and bigby half way through the season and i said al would go but they mocked me looks like i was right.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After hearing barnett is on the block i think he may go to buffalo or houston.
We will draft some1 to replace him. Any news on donald lee/brandon jackson i know they have been released where will they go.
I told my fellow english fans that barnett will go and bigby half way through the season and i said al would go but they mocked me looks like i was right.

Lee is gone. I know they had serious talks about cutting him at camp last year so that wasnt a surprise. Alot of packer experts think there is a strong chance that Brandon Jackson might come back next year, but I would be surprised.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd keep Jackson. It's not like he's asking anything too expensive. His market value should be 4 yrs in $13.14 mil range and $6 mil guaranteed. His significance as a pass blocker is undervalued. Don't want a Stafford or Romo do we....

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd keep Jackson. It's not like he's asking anything too expensive. His market value should be 4 yrs in $13.14 mil range and $6 mil guaranteed. His significance as a pass blocker is undervalued. Don't want a Stafford or Romo do we....
I agree with you there..... anyone remember how good 3rd down back Kevin Faulk was for the Patriots and Tom Brady all those years? That's what I see out of BJax, and let's face it: how successful Rodgers is on 3rd downs is pretty much what makes us great, so we gotta stay good there.

You can't have too many capable backs anyway.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Kuhn offered a tender

According to the Press-Gazette, FB John Kuhn received a restricted free agent tender contract offer for 2011. But since it was the lowest tender of $1.226 million, the Green Bay Packers wouldn't receive a draft choice if he signs elsewhere. And it's unlikely he'll be a restricted free agent anyway because he has a five years of service. It's expected players will become unrestricted free agents after four or five years of service.
With a solid roster of tight ends and full backs already on the roster, and the return of RB Ryan Grant eliminating the need to use him as a running back, they could afford to let him go. But he's a solid contributor on special teams and I expect they have a mutual interest in his return to Green Bay. If nothing else, the contract tendered lets Kuhn and his agent know exactly how much the Packers are...

John Kuhn Receives Contract Offer - Acme Packing Company

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Sign The Kuhn, dammit!

Half the fun of watching the Packers last year was yelling "KUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHNNNNNN" at my TV every time he got the ball.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That just leaves Kuhn, James Jones, Brandon Jackson, and Cullen Jenkins...... can we keep em all?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
makes me "think" that Jenkins was never approached for new deal cuz they wanted to get Hawk and the little ones done b4 the cba ended

Once a new cba is done, I think they will rush to get Jenkins signed

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think Jenkins is gone soon after the free agency period begins. He's going to demand a lot of interest and therefore he will be too expensive to keep. If Thompson wanted to, and thought he could keep him my guess is that the deal would have already been done. And I think it's likely Thompson sees Neal as Jenkins' replacement.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From now till next week Friday, no transactions, or talks can take place

(part of the extension agreement)

rawalabhay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have not gone through the thread, but does anybody know if Sam Shields is a free agent or is he under contract! I know he was an undrafted free agent!

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wouldnt we want to at least low tender him?
It's not that I don;t think we should or should not tender him, it is that it was reported that we did not. All I can find in news is that we did not tender him, but Pat Mayo said Jones said he has been tendered.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
If they did tender him, they would have had to have done it last week. The CBA talks extension prohibits teams from doing deals with the players during the extension as I understand it. If they tendered him last week, I'm sure the major Packers news outlets would have posted something.

Gymrat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently James Jones and Brandon Jackson were both tendered. Whats funny is all kinds of websites and news sources were reporting that we did not tender them.
Jason Wilde
James Jones indicated Sunday that he was, in fact, extended a restricted free agent tender by the Packers.

Jones' word on the tender obviously carries more weight than the previous report by the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel to the contrary. While the tender will likely end up meaningless for a player of four years' service, it does change the perception that the Packers are ready to move on from Jones. He may end up landing bigger money and a staring job on the open market, but it's not because the Packers sent him packing.

Here's link on Brandon Jackson.
Brandon Jackson was tendered a contract too | ProFootballTalk

Spencer Havner was also tendered.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couldn't Thompson franchise Jenkins? He didn't franchise anyone else yet did he?

1) Not worth the money. He'd be paid the average of the top 5 players at his position, around $13 Million for the one year.

2) If you had to pick one position we're sickly deep at, it's DE. With Mike Neal and Johnny Jolly set to return, plus CJ Wilson and Howard Green, we're pretty set at that position. We'll still get a compensatory pick for Jenkins, so it's not like we'd be letting him go for nothing.

Members online

Latest posts