Green Bay Packers Free Agents thread

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We will play the Eagles in the Championsip game.

Reports are that the Jenkins deal is essentialy a 1 year deal for $4 million. The Eagles could cut him after one season.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is not going to the Vikings after all. I am cool with him coming back or with him leaving (as long as he does not go to the Bears). I am still laughing at the crap they picked up yesterday in Hurd and Williams.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones should sign a two year contract and bank on himself winning a starting role, and making it big in FA after that contract

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barber went to the Bears....Dallas North?

I don't understand what they're doing. They sign Roy Williams, Sam Hurd, and Marion Barber yet they're not resigning Olin Kruetz, they trade Greg Olsen for nothing (only guy on offense that scared me), and get rid of Danieal Manning.

Olsen and Kruetz are headscratchers for sure.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it either. Olsen was a stud that they didn't use correctly but he still scared me as he was always open on 3rd downs. Kruetz is the leader of the locker room. Urlacher isn't a great leader but could step in and be ok...but on the offensive side Cutler is the furthest thing from a leader. They also let their special teams ace go to detroit as well. They kill teams on field position and they got rid of 3 of the most important people on their special teams.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

League wide spending has to average 99% of the salary cap for the next three years. This means some teams can be over while others can be under that amount, so long as the TOTAL spending of the whole league averages 99% of the salary cap.

It's worth noting teams can borrow from future salary cap years, up to $3Million IIRC, but will have to pay it back somehow. Not sure how that will work, but that's the word on the street.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like Barnett will be a Bill which is far better than him being a Lion. It will be weird to see him and Merriman on the same team as they remind me alot of eachother.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
We will play the Eagles in the Championsip game.

Reports are that the Jenkins deal is essentialy a 1 year deal for $4 million. The Eagles could cut him after one season.

No we won't. This is a shortened season. They're going to have to figure out how to acclimate all these new guys to a new team and new jargon, plus the timing, etc. They spent a lot of money but it will probably only get them so far. The NFL has shown time and time again. You can't buy a Championship.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts