Green Bay Packer Fans Needed!

danwilton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a London UK based Green Bay fan (a slightly rare breed!). I don't know anyone out here who's into the NFL, let alone a Packer fan. I've been a fan since '92

As well as being a fan I'm a photographer. I'm in the planning stages of a photography project based on Packer fans. I want to document the unique character of Packer fans - in particular the relationship of such a devoted fan base with it's team in such a small city as Green Bay. It's a personal project - most likely it'll end up in exhibition back here in London and hopefully also in Green Bay

I'm planning to visit Green Bay during the playoff period from roughly the 12th - 24th January (I'm assuming 2 home playoff games!). I'm looking for hardcore Green Bay fans, ideally to shoot portraits at their houses, at work, and also at the games, tailgate parties, bars etc

Anyone interested? Or know anyone who you think would be? Or have contacts for fan organisations/groups in Green Bay that I could chat to?

Here's a link to my website showing my work - www.danwilton.co.uk

Thanks for your help

GO PACK!

Dan

(apologies for posting this twice, seemed to make sense to post here and in introducing page)

OP
OP
danwilton

danwilton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks that's great! While I think of it - one fan I know I have to shoot a portrait of is St Vince. He rules

OP
OP
danwilton

danwilton

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha. Is he on this forum? I want to get in touch before I come out - would be great to shoot a portrait of him at his home, stuff like that

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
No he isnt..But if you walk around the stadium before kick off you will see him

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I'm a London UK based Green Bay fan (a slightly rare breed!). I don't know anyone out here who's into the NFL, let alone a Packer fan. I've been a fan since '92

As well as being a fan I'm a photographer. I'm in the planning stages of a photography project based on Packer fans. I want to document the unique character of Packer fans - in particular the relationship of such a devoted fan base with it's team in such a small city as Green Bay. It's a personal project - most likely it'll end up in exhibition back here in London and hopefully also in Green Bay

I'm planning to visit Green Bay during the playoff period from roughly the 12th - 24th January (I'm assuming 2 home playoff games!). I'm looking for hardcore Green Bay fans, ideally to shoot portraits at their houses, at work, and also at the games, tailgate parties, bars etc

Anyone interested? Or know anyone who you think would be? Or have contacts for fan organisations/groups in Green Bay that I could chat to?

Here's a link to my website showing my work - www.danwilton.co.uk

Thanks for your help

GO PACK!

Dan

(apologies for posting this twice, seemed to make sense to post here and in introducing page)
There will be many things to photograph just visiting Green Bay - painted fences, signs in yards, street signs/names, etc. Go to Lambeau and visit the Hall of Fame - fans will be there and you can pose them at St. Vince's desk, etc., there, or on a stadium tour. Go to the parking lot during a home game and take photos of the Home of the Tailgate Party. Show up at a sports bar almost any time. See if you can visit an elementary school on a Packer spirit day.

People in Wisconsin wear Packer stuff all year long! They will be happy to be photographed supporting our team. Great idea for a project! Post the link to the finished product for us, please.

Oh, and wear your long-johns:)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dan, I really really love your avatar!
The best one I've ever seen on here!
(Besides mine, of course.) :D

Members online

Latest posts