Greatest of All Time

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one is a little out there but I had to check and see if I was crazy or not. I just had a discussion/argument with someone regarding whether or not Russell Wilson has a chance to be the Greatest QB of all time.

I'm just going to leave it at that and get some thoughts.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
WOW. Fan overreactions are at that stage already huh? Sure. Even Tim Tebow has a "Chance" of becoming the greatest QB of all time, but it's just like they say in math: There comes a point when a number is so small, that you might as well treat it as zero. Wilson "could" do it, but considering that he's currently an afterthought in his own offense we should probably hold off on that talk for 2 more years.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is like the talk from two years ago that Eli Manning is better than Peyton Manning. Whoever is the QB on the Super Bowl winning team is "the greatest ever" for the three weeks following the Super Bowl.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has done more as an NFL QB than anyone in history*.

* history being defined as the last 3 weeks.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the winningest QB in NFL history to this point in his career. He's won Championships in 50% of his seasons. I would say that if his performance continues over the next 15 years he will undoubtedly be the GOAT. Since the likelihood of this is virtually 0, I will stick with Bart Starr.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has done more as an NFL QB than anyone in history*.

* history being defined as the last 3 weeks.

lol... for some of the "Packer Fan Since 1996" crowd that certainly is the case. It really is pretty amusing.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This one is a little out there but I had to check and see if I was crazy or not. I just had a discussion/argument with someone regarding whether or not Russell Wilson has a chance to be the Greatest QB of all time.

I'm just going to leave it at that and get some thoughts.
Love the guy but.....

HELL NO
Is this a joke?

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love the guy but.....

HELL NO
Is this a joke?
I wish it was. In fact the other individual in this argument said "I have no doubt he will wind ul being the Greatest of All Time"

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starr is my guy. Otto graham Montana and Brady all were the best of their era I would say as well.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Wilson take over games and win almost because of his play, rather than the defense and running game. The great ones bail their teams out when needed.

Until that happens, I'll consider him good, but not on the way to being great.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a funny scenario:
Make the whole NFL Free Agents right now, and all available in a re-draft... every player in the league and incoming rookies is in a new draft.

Anyone think Russell Wilson would even be the first QB taken?
I bet there would be at least 5 QB's taken before him.

For sure Andrew Luck and Rodgers.
Probably Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, RG3, Kaepernick who we all hate, maybe Nick Foles maybe Matthew Stafford.

This thread is the best TROLL thread I think I have ever seen on here... is it April already?

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a funny scenario:
Make the whole NFL Free Agents right now, and all available in a re-draft... every player in the league and incoming rookies is in a new draft.

Probably Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, RG3, Kaepernick who we all hate, maybe Nick Foles maybe Matthew Stafford.

This thread is the best TROLL thread I think I have ever seen on here... is it April already?

This was a serious discussion I had with someone today. I couldnt believe what I was hearing so I had to come here to make sure I wasnt the one that was crazy. GOAT is quite a label to give someone with good not great stats in todays NFL with the team he has around him. This person also said RW would have taken Jax to the playoffs this year I was absolutely blown away.

You cant reason or have a legitimate argument with people like this no matter how hard you try.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a funny scenario:

I said it in another thread, based on his skill-set, I have no idea why anyone would consider him even a top 10 QB to build a team around.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When discussing GOAT as far as QB's go, the team around him has to be accounted for. If it's based solely off of how many rings they win during their career well then Terry Bradshaw is in the conversation for GOAT. I'm not putting him there but just using him as an example.

Can RW put his team on his back in the clutch and win a game? The truth of the matter is, we don't know because he's never had to. Maybe he can maybe he can't. I personally believe he can't and that will come to fruition once the incredible nucleus that Seattle has built begins to fall apart as it most certainly will in the next few years. I think he is a very good qb, but he's also been blessed to be in the perfect situation for someone of his ability. He isn't asked to win games, I mean he had 165 less pass attempts this year then Carson Palmer (10th overall) and 252 less then Manning, and Manning still was 5% pts better in comp %. He's asked to not turn the ball over and manage the offense big difference then guys like Aaron who more often then not have to be perfect in order to win.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'
When discussing GOAT as far as QB's go, the team around him has to be accounted for. If it's based solely off of how many rings they win during their career well then Terry Bradshaw is in the conversation for GOAT. I'm not putting him there but just using him as an example.

Can RW put his team on his back in the clutch and win a game? The truth of the matter is, we don't know because he's never had to. Maybe he can maybe he can't. I personally believe he can't and that will come to fruition once the incredible nucleus that Seattle has built begins to fall apart as it most certainly will in the next few years. I think he is a very good qb, but he's also been blessed to be in the perfect situation for someone of his ability. He isn't asked to win games, I mean he had 165 less pass attempts this year then Carson Palmer (10th overall) and 252 less then Manning, and Manning still was 5% pts better in comp %. He's asked to not turn the ball over and manage the offense big difference then guys like Aaron who more often then not have to be perfect in order to win.

Another thing that makes it easy for him is the amount of wide open guys after play action due to their great running game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? No love for Richard Sherman?
I'm sure that he is the GOAT. Well, according to himself.

Way, way, way too soon to consider Wilson as a GOAT. Give it time and we will see.
For now, Manning is better than him by miles and miles.
Besides, Wilson didn't win the SB MVP.
I think the better question at this point in his career would be, "Can he be even considered an elite QB?"

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? No love for Richard Sherman?
I'm sure that he is the GOAT. Well, according to himself.

Way, way, way too soon to consider Wilson as a GOAT. Give it time and we will see.
For now, Manning is better than him by miles and miles.
Besides, Wilson didn't win the SB MVP.
I think the better question at this point in his career would be, "Can he be even considered an elite QB?"

This was discussed in Milwaukee yesterday on Sports Radio. The answer is No. How many QB's in the NFL today would have won a SB with the current make up of Seattles roster?
No question guy IMO:
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Brees
Romo
Ryan

Probably guys:
Flacco
Ben
Luck
Kaep
Cam

The only big name guys I could see struggling to would be Stafford and Eli because of the mistakes they make.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was discussed in Milwaukee yesterday on Sports Radio. The answer is No. How many QB's in the NFL today would have won a SB with the current make up of Seattles roster?
No question guy IMO:
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Brees
Romo
Ryan

Probably guys:
Flacco
Ben
Luck
Kaep
Cam

The only big name guys I could see struggling to would be Stafford and Eli because of the mistakes they make.

Again... everything needs to be in context. Almost every QB would understand he has to take less chances when he's got a great defense. Who knows how some of these guys would play if they had that great of a defense.

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again... everything needs to be in context. Almost every QB would understand he has to take less chances when he's got a great defense. Who knows how some of these guys would play if they had that great of a defense.

Fair enough I'm just saying how can this guy ever have a chance at GOAT when he isn't even the best QB today? Could any of Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees even Romo, who is an incredibly underrated NFL QB, taken a team in the top 10 of the draft to the playoffs? I say they'd have a hell of a lot better shot then Russel Wilson. Meanwhile you put any of them on Seattle and they are no question SB champs.

Members online

Latest posts