Great Moments in Packers History

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Let us take a trip down Nostalgia Lane...

Post your favorite moment(s) in the history of this team that you love.

Videos are nice, but not required.

This one's more recent, and not necessarily my favorite, but I don't think it'd find it's way into this thread without me posting it.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_6LcGbHxR8"]YouTube - MNF Brett Favre Classic 10/29/07[/ame]

Now you go...

(I'm just bored and trying to think of a way to kickstart this forum after the closure of the other thread that was popular today. :icon_lol: )

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me, when The Lord led Reggie White to Green Bay. That marks a day in my own personal history as a fan because I discovered a team and fan base that I cannot help but fall in love.

Also obviously the '96 SB, with my hero. I was on my knees in front of the TV crying. That's all I know.

I'm sure others will post memories that delve deep into the rich and colorful history of the Packers but these to me are the ones that stand out.

Also recently, the Vikings game this year, the Pack starting their comeback after being riddled with injuries to beat Favre and the Vikings and then go on to shut out the thought to be unstoppable Jets. Some may say we are living history right now in this moment. With this team. History in the making, who knows what may pass.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Long time ago. I am thinking the 70's sometime. Not sure though and I am to lazy to look it up. Chestor Marcol going for a FG against the Bears with little time on the clock. We make it we win. We miss it we lose. Or so I thought. lol Marcol kicks it and its blocked by the Bears. (I say alot of bad words.......especially for my age at the time) The ball comes back into Marcols hands........and he runs it in for a TD!!!!! It was awsome. Especially since it was against .......DA BEARS. I wish someone could come up with that video so I could watch it again!!!

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Working on my list but I was just curious as to what thread you were referring to:shock:

(I'm just bored and trying to think of a way to kickstart this forum after the closure of the other thread that was popular today. :icon_lol: ) Quote-Jess

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the younger fans get irritated about ancient ones (like me) always bringing up the 60's, but it was a magical time to grow up in Wisconsin. Here's one of the greatest games of the era, and the end of greatness for Hornung and Taylor, but the beginning of another run of 3 consecutive Championships.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqvmVkVhKsI"]YouTube - 1965 Browns at Packers - 3[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know the younger fans get irritated about ancient ones (like me) always bringing up the 60's, but it was a magical time to grow up in Wisconsin. Here's one of the greatest games of the era, and the end of greatness for Hornung and Taylor, but the beginning of another run of 3 consecutive Championships.

YouTube - 1965 Browns at Packers - 3

I sure as hell dont. It might be my favorite era. I think there is a thread somewhere around here thats locked that shows a riff between older and younger fans though.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Leave it up to another "OldSchoolFan" to agree with my favorite Packer game of all time. If I were to somehow get a chance to get in a time machine, I would go back to that game and see old "Thunder & Lightning" in their glory in the mud and snow at Lambeau. That scene of Hornung following Kramer on the Packer sweep into the end zone to seal the victory NEVER gets old!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

Not at all, no need to worry over that! I love the "old school" stuff!!! Have a hug from a "young" fan, LOL!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

There is some great blocking on those runs by the Packers.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I'm able to post a link yet (newbie), but one game that will ALWAYS stick out in my mind was the Game in 2003 against Oakland right after Brett Favre's father passed away. I just remember thinking there's no possible way that he could play well under those circumstances and then being absolutely blown away by not only his performance, but the way the team rallied around him.

I'm sure a Youtube link isn't even required here...

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think I'm able to post a link yet (newbie), but one game that will ALWAYS stick out in my mind was the Game in 2003 against Oakland right after Brett Favre's father passed away. I just remember thinking there's no possible way that he could play well under those circumstances and then being absolutely blown away by not only his performance, but the way the team rallied around him.

I'm sure a Youtube link isn't even required here...

Here ya go...[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GPXTffbGbk]YouTube - Brett Favre Shuts Down the Oakland Raiders[/ame]

Latest posts