(Great) Moments in Packer history you'll never forget

Reaction score
There is a lot of grumpiness on the boards and division over views on the draft and TT in general. Well to be honest, I've had my fill of such threads, so I wanted to discuss something else (more positive).

What are some (positive) moments in Packer history that you'll never forget, and why?

I'll start:

Packers become 2003 NFC Division Champions - If I remember correctly, this was the year we started 0-4 and things looked bleaked. But the way the team finished that season, winning 10 of 12 games showed what you can accomplish as long as you believe in yourself.

Personally, that year showed me that no matter how bad things are, there is a reason they still play the games. It was awesome to have every 'expert' analyst and Lion/Bear/Viking fan jump on the 'Packers are over-the-hill bandwagon, only to be left dumbfounded when the Packers stormed back to win the division title yet again and make the playoffs.

OP
OP
A
Reaction score
I'm sure the Monday Night game against the Raiders will come up a lot, so feel free to use it over and over again, because the reason that you will always remember that moment may be different from the reason why another member will always remember that moment.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm only 18 so I missed the glory days of the 60s but also the pain of the 70s and 80s. My first great memory of the Packers that I can recall very distinctly was Green Bay's playoff win against the 49ers in San Fran in '95 to get to the NFC Championship. I remember my neighbors and my classmates telling me the Packers had no chance, that San Francisco was too great. Well we destroyed them. Craig Newsome returned a 31 yard fumble recovery for a TD on San Fran's first offensive play and Green Bay never looked back, winning 27-17.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Still one of my favorite moments ever... Ditka was so pissed :rotflmao:

1989 Cardiac Pack...

At Green Bay with seconds remaining, Chicago held a 13-7 lead, and the Bears were poised to better their season record to 6-3. On the final play of the game, Green Bay quarterback Don "Magic" Majkowski rifled a desparation pass into the endzone which was caught by receiver Sterling Sharpe, a TD that with the extra point would give the Packers a 14-13 victory, and their first win over Chicago since 1984. A penalty flag was down, and it charged that Majkowski had thrown an illegal pass after he stepped over the line of scrimmage. The play was reviewed, and it was ultimately ruled a touchdown for Green Bay. The Bears organization protested, and to this day, it is marked in their media guide as "The Instant Replay Game." The loss dropped Chicago's record to 5-4. The next week they bounced back and shutout Pittsburgh 20-0, and after 10 games, they were still a respectable 6-4.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MNF in 03 against the Raiders was one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It's a long story, and I don't know if I should completely open up about it, but I had an uncle, who I was very close with, that lived in New Mexico, and my wife and I (she was just my girlfriend at the time) were moving from Phoenix back home to Iowa where all of our family is. We stopped at my uncle's house on the way and stayed the night. We woke up the next morning to leave, but my uncle didn't come out of his room. He had a massive heart attack during the night and passed away. He was 40. Anyways, the move home was very somber, and not exciting like it should have been. The first few days were horrible, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I tried to console my family, but didn't take time for myself to come to terms with what had happened. Then I heard the news that Favre's dad had passed away. It sucked, cause I had just lost someone very close and I knew what he was going through. When I heard that he was still going to play, I kept thinking, how is he going to do it? So, I sat infront of my TV by myself and watched the greatest game I had ever seen. There were a couple of times that I just barely held it in, and at the end of the game I bawled like a little kid. How he played the way he did, after what he went through, was just amazing. I couldn't have done it.

Sorry for the rambling. But I'll never forget that game. That game is one of those things that will stay with me and that I'll talk about for the rest of my life.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
There is a lot of grumpiness on the boards and division over views on the draft and TT in general. Well to be honest, I've had my fill of such threads, so I wanted to discuss something else (more positive).

What are some (positive) moments in Packer history that you'll never forget, and why?

I'll start:

Packers become 2003 NFC Division Champions - If I remember correctly, this was the year we started 0-4 and things looked bleaked. But the way the team finished that season, winning 10 of 12 games showed what you can accomplish as long as you believe in yourself.

Personally, that year showed me that no matter how bad things are, there is a reason they still play the games. It was awesome to have every 'expert' analyst and Lion/Bear/Viking fan jump on the 'Packers are over-the-hill bandwagon, only to be left dumbfounded when the Packers stormed back to win the division title yet again and make the playoffs.

Packers thumping St. Louis 41-16 in the playoffs of '82. That year was magical for me. Keep in mind, the Packers were horrible all throughout the 70s, and suddenly Lynn ****ey is finally not injured so he can complete passes to Lofton and Jefferson. Those 2 were so good that NOBODY could cover them both. Lofton's the 2nd greatest receiver in my lifetime, and probably the most underrated player in my lifetime too.

The very next game, we all knew we'd lose to the Cowboys, but at least Lofton had a 71 yard TD run.

Lynn ****ey's one of those could have been players. He threw the long ball as well as anyone. The thing is, he always played on crappy teams. When healthy, even double covered, nobody was able to cover Lofton when ****ey threw to him.

Woodson_fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Antonio Freeman's circus catch in OT to beat the Vikings in a Sunday night football game.(I think it was a Sunday and not a Monday)

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dang you aadp.

If you had posted this in the smack area, I could have contributed greatly! :razz:

Dang Ryan, and his rules :soapbox:

:rotflmao:

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
Antonio Freeman's circus catch in OT to beat the Vikings in a Sunday night football game.(I think it was a Sunday and not a Monday)
I'm pretty sure it was a Monday.....but that was the game I was thinking of!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh......i got to go to the Packer game 2 years back, when they dismantled the Saints 52-3. THAT was a great moment for me, as it was the only time i have been at a Packer blowout. That was a GREAT game to see in person!
I won 2 tickets from our local Pick n save grocery store to see that one.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My favorite Packer moment was when they announced that the Cardinals had beaten the Vikings in the last game of the season and Packers made the layoffs... 2003 I think...

The other favorite moment was when a Young Brett Favre threw the TD pass to beat the Bengals in 1992. He had replaced Don Majkowski who got hurt during the game and at the end, hit Kittrick Taylor with a 40 yard? TD pass.

evad04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First post here, guys. Glad to be a part of this forum!

I've got a ton of great moments. I'm 20 years old... so that means all my memories are from the Favre era.

Let's name a few:
1.) The 99-yard drive by the Packers against Tampa Bay (in Tampa) about 3 or 4 years ago. We hadn't beaten them since they realigned the division. Great drive, great win.

2.) "We're gonna get the ball and we're gonna score!". 'Nuff said.

3.) Watching Favre in person last year against the Vikings in Minneapolis. The Favre slant to Driver! The moment he caught it I put my arms up signaling TD. 60 yards later it was official. I was in the enemy's nest, wearing my Favre jersey, watching the Packers win it.

4.) The Monday night game against Oakland 3 years ago. Had me in tears. This one is arguably my favorite sports moment, period.

5.) Tyrone Poole getting pushed out by the Vikings in Arizona... then turning over to the Packer/Broncos game and watching them celebrate.

6.) Antonio Freeman's own "emaculate reception". 'Nuff said.

7.) Uhh... Super Bowl XXXI

8.) The 1st quarter of the Packers/Colts game about 3 years ago. It was Favre TD. Peyton TD. Favre TD. Peyton TD.

This is just scratching the surface.

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 - And the packers select justin harrell..
Brett Favre retires from football

2008 - Cowboys sign brett Favre
Brett becomes 4 time MVP
TT is released as GM

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2007 - And the packers select justin harrell..
Brett Favre retires from football

2008 - Cowboys sign brett Favre
Brett becomes 4 time MVP
TT is released as GM
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like how before no one was offended by me just joking....But now that things turn into possibilities people get outraged....Too cool

It might be different if it was kind of funny.

You might as well have said "2007: Favre shatters spine in car crash"

refpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
I like how before no one was offended by me just joking....But now that things turn into possibilities people get outraged....Too cool

LOL trust me....if this happended it would be very funny...in a karma kinda way to all TT supporters...

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson_fan said:
I'm pretty sure it was a Monday.....but that was the game I was thinking of!

Yes, MNF...Al Michaels: "He did WHAT?!?"

I add another vote to this game!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
refpacker said:

LOL trust me....if this happended it would be very funny...in a karma kinda way to all TT supporters...

You have a 1st grader's grasp on the concept of karma. Karma would be you finally giving up on the Packers after an offseason of whining about TT's decisions and pissing numerous fans off with your baseless rants, so you go be a Cowboys fan (which you seem to secretly want), and then the Packers whomp Dallas in the playoffs. And when Driver scores the final TD, he flips the ball into the stands, which slams into your nose, breaking it, and flips through the air to a more deserving fan.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When hasselback said we are gonna get the ball and we are gonna score. Then all Harris owns him. As yams picture :)

Since69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
October 17, 1983: Packers beat the Joe Theeesman-led Redskins 48-47 in the highest scoring Monday Night Football game ever.

Notables:
- Over a 1000 yards of combined offense, with almost 800 coming through the air.
- Lynn ****ey went 22 for 30 for 387 yards and 3 TDs.
- 56 first downs in the game.
- Packers averaged 9.1 yards per play
- RB Eddie Lee Ivery completed a 35-yard pass on a HB option play.
- The Redskins were on a 5-game win streak and were heavily favored.
- Mark Mosely missed a 39-yard field goal with 3 seconds left.

Watching that game was like riding a rollercoaster. :D

Members online

Latest posts