Great Book for Bart Starr fans

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finished reading "America's Quarterback: Bart Starr and the Rise of the National Football League".

One my all-time favorite players and it could be argued that he is the most successful QB in history. No other QB has won 5 NFL championships. After reading this book you will have a new found respect and admiration for this man. I still believe he is the greatest QB in Packers history. I highly recommend reading this book.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'll second that. Great book about a man of great character and skill. It's really amazing to read what went on at Alabama and how he eventually made it to the NFL. I also like the book by Dave Robinson that came out a couple years ago; "The Lombardi Legacy: Thirty people who were touched by greatness."

I had a chance to talk with Mr. Robinson a couple years ago. He let my sons hold his Super Bowl rings while we were talking. He's a gracious man.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Otto Graham Bart Starr and Joe Montana. Any of those 3 could make a claim at being the best.

I have had the book on my coffee table for over a month but havent had a chance to start it. But this motivates me to open it up.

OP
OP
bhuggins

bhuggins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Otto Graham Bart Starr and Joe Montana. Any of those 3 could make a claim at being the best.

I have had the book on my coffee table for over a month but havent had a chance to start it. But this motivates me to open it up.

Once you read the forward you will have a new found respect for how great and underappreciated Bart Starr was. I alwys felt he was one of the greatest at his position but this book enhances the man's image and skill. I would rate this book right up there with "When Pride Still Mattered".

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
America's Quarterback: Bart Starr and the Rise of the National Football League

I need to get a hold of a copy and read this book.

Members online

Latest posts