Graham Harrell....uyyyy

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it, but I just don't see this guy being a back up to Rodgers. He looks very shaky. I understand he is working with a ton of 3rd or 4th string guys. However, he has happy feet and seems to possess bad decision making at times. There are better options than this guy if Rodgers goes down. Colt MeCoy comes to mind. I'm willing to give Harrell the benefit of the doubt after 2 PS games, but if his play continues, I believe TT may make a move to solidify the backup role. The sky is not falling by any means, but his performance this evening was pretty deplorable.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's had a bad preseason that's for certain and he definitely didn't inspire me with his play tonight. I think it is something that will be addressed in the next week or so.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Rodgers goes down for anything more than a couple games I'd rather just tank the season and get a top 5 draft pick. Muahahaha ... Excellent.... Oh sorry, evil thoughts about what thompson could get for next years number 1.

Reaction score
i watched the game online and must admit preseason looks like hell. i know its preseason but with 18 players injured these other players have to step it up. after 2 games i would say they haven't stepped up. no panic time yet but our next game is against cincinnati and that to me is the last game before we see cuts. online they were chatting about green bay cutting some good receivers as they are so full at that position and that cleveland may be interested in getting a few. who knows maybe adeal coming for colt mccoy

here is graham harrels #'s for tonight

12 for 24 - for 100 yards - 4.2 per throw - 2 ints

yuk

11b2p

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His performance was Caleb Haney bad... I may go as far as saying he would be an upgrade... A great leap he has made over the offseason leaves me to wonder where he was before this year...

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
He didn't do himself any favors tonight if he wanted to be the guy to back up Arod. I have a sneaking suspicion they'll bring someone else in.

Reaction score
He has looked pretty bad so far; however, he isn't getting a lot of help from his supporting cast. He is getting a lot of pressure put on him and the receivers are dropping a lot of balls. He will be fine.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I cringe whenever he is in the game. It's like having to watch Axford and Rodriguez this season. You know disaster is coming, just don't know how bad it going to be.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Rodgers looked pretty bad too until he got some real work.

Last year no q/b school, no real training camp.. He was getting 1 snap to ever 4 of Rodgers in practice..

so basically he is at least one year behind what he should be

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
We didn draft Graham and I for one do NOT want McCoy. I'd rather go with Coleman's inconsistent against 5th string d than have to trade anybody for a back up.

Who will we drool over next, Tavaris Jackson? Donovan McNabb?! Please no...

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we lose Aaron we should set up a Wildcat offense called "The dirty cheese" and have Saine at QB and Cobb at Wingback.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Needs at least one more year...but not as a backup, but the backups backup. Jeff Garcia is still playing football in like the Afl or something and im sure we could also get him for the vets minimum. He understands the west coast offense being in san francisco all those years.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Graham definitely needs some work. What happened with BJ? I saw the stat line and he threw only 1 pass and it was for an INT.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give the guy a chance! What do you expect? I think we are in one sense comparing or expecting him to be like Aaron Rodgers so of course he is going to fall short of the mark. This is why there is a preseason. He'll get better or the simple truth is he will get cut for somebody else. But meanwhile, cut the guy some slack.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
Give the guy a chance! What do you expect? I think we are in one sense comparing or expecting him to be like Aaron Rodgers so of course he is going to fall short of the mark. This is why there is a preseason. He'll get better or the simple truth is he will get cut for somebody else. But meanwhile, cut the guy some slack.
It is true. BJ is the next great backup, not Graham.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

I don't expect Harrell to be like Rodgers, but I would hope he would be more like Flynn. The thing to me is, he's had time in this system to show us something and he really hasn't. This team has a rep and a knack for producing good backups. It just seems Harrell is not one of them.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is true is he is not developing at the accelerated rate we are used to seeing produced out of our camp. That is not to say he isn't going to be a Matt Flynn. Every QB develops differently, I'm just saying Harrell deserves his chance.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
What is true is he is not developing at the accelerated rate we are used to seeing produced out of our camp. That is not to say he isn't going to be a Matt Flynn. Every QB develops differently, I'm just saying Harrell deserves his chance.

I guess what I'm looking at is that he's been with the team since May of 2010. In my opinion, he should be able to show something by now. I don't think expecting him to be a serviceable backup by his third year is an accelerated rate.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts