Grady want Pat Williams type money...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
... and wants to be slotted in that category despite being a 33 year old out of shape player on the down-side of his career.

I think a more accurate comparison can be found by comparing Grady Jackson's numbers with Colin Cole's

Grady total tackles 54 -- 38 UA and 16 assists; 1.5 sacks, 4 passes defended
Colin total tackles 62 -- 34 UA and 28 assists, 2.0 sacks, 2 passes defended

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Considering that both (Jackson & Cole) played in all 16 games, but Cole only started 4 these are certainly as telling numbers as trying to compare Grady Jackson to MN's defensive MVP Pat Williams.

Let me add that Grady Jackson played his best two games when going up against MN. This is partially attributable to the problems MN had with their offensive line in 2005, but probably more to the fact that Grady plays better when motivated -- unfortunately he is not always motivated

Colin Cole is a big bodied DT who played well and is loaded with upside at only 25 years old. He is a big body guy; who is a workout freak, is strong as an Ox and runs well. I think he flew below a lot of people's radar.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great post Bruce. Grady will never get the big bucks, just like Gilbert never got the big bucks. These out of shape "part time players" are one biscuit away from eating themselves out of the NFL. They can never stay healthy.

Personally, I love the bigboys, especially Gilbert. Gilbert loved Green Bay and knew what he commanded on the market. He knew he was a part time player and received that kind of money. Sounds like Grady doesn't understand it......yet.

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also like Gilbert a lot.

If TT doesn not give all the money to Grady a lot of guys will call him Tightwad Plus Ted...

I dont think we should give Grady those big Bucks when we have Colin.

Anyway I would love to see an agreement with Kampy but for what he is really worth !!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All Cole did last year was get better every game. He may not be Grady, but then Grady is not Colin.....young, healthy and hungry.

I will really be disappointed if Kampman does not receive a decent offer from the Packers....he just seems like a Packer guy, plus he works his *** off and continues to improve his game.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am somewhat surprised at Colin's stats. I knew he was improving, though. If only the team could count on max effort from Grady at all times. Colin does that.

Members online

Latest posts